• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Any word on 2015 DLR hidden mickeys?...has anyone seen what they will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Any word on 2015 DLR hidden mickeys?...has anyone seen what they will be?
They did not preview the hidden mickey pins to thwart counterfeiters. If counterfeits show it is easier to hold the manufacturer responsible.
Disney's official policy is that counterfeits of their products do not exist.

Reading this thread with all the descriptions of how pin trading used to be I feel a bit like Sally on Cars. Wishing I could have seen this thing that I love (for me it's pin trading, for her it was Radiator Springs) in its heyday. I bet it was amazing. I can't speak for the direction pin trading is headed because I haven't seen where it's been (I've only been around a few years) but I'm hopeful. :)

So I was at disneyland yesterday and saw some of last years WDW hidden mickeys in circulation. The cast member said they just got them in but they were still waiting for the new ones that got held up at the port.

I just wish they would have updated the main web page (http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/parksauthentic/disney-pin-trading-guidelines-for-guests/) with some kind of notification that they were releasing DLR pins at WDW, and vice-versa.

I wasted 2 days of my 4 day trip being very disappointed thinking that there were no new Hidden Mickey pins to be traded for, since no "new" ones could be found on lanyards & no checklist on the web page.

It was not until I poked around on-line halfway through my trip that I saw info about the cross-release on independent web sites. Until I saw the info posted elsewhere, I would have never searched for DLR HM on a lanyard at WDW. They have always been scrappers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back