• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW Anyone have trade times for the Disney World Resorts?

WDW Anyone have trade times for the Disney World Resorts?

Vickie2025

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend going to Disney soon. Anyone have the times of day that the resorts bring out boards etc?

Also, if anyone has any information on trading in the parks at what location that would be helpful too. Thank you.

I have a friend going to Disney soon. Anyone have the times of day that the resorts bring out boards etc?

Also, if anyone has any information on trading in the parks at what location that would be helpful too. Thank you.
From my tiny bit of experience, traders are outside of the pin store next to Space Ship Earth at EPCOT.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Yeah, there's not any specific times to my knowledge. They're always out as long as the resort/park/store is open.

Ok! For trading locations, (as in meeting with other traders vs. CM lanyards) Pin traders outside EPCOT is definitely one of your best bets. I feel like early evening is the best time to meet other traders, as it's really hot in FL right now and when I've gone closer to the middle of the day I haven't met anyone. That's just from personal experience so when you go it might be different.

I've also had success meeting people outside Frontier Trading Post in Frontierland at MK. As far as I'm aware that's the pin store in MK, and there's some great benches to set your collection up on. I've only done it once though since I don't visit MK often, but that seems to be the spot to meet other traders in MK. Emporium is also a great spot due to the number of CM lanyards there, lots of traders go to scour the lanyards and trade with the CMs. I've met some people this way when we interact with the same CM.

For DHS the spot is the Photopass booth right next to the entrance. I've never been there but heard great things about it. My brother went there today and he said there were a lot of devoted traders there. I'm not sure about Animal Kingdom, though I've met people in the merch shops. Those are probably your best spots, (at least to meet the traders who bring big collections rather than the average Joe with a scrapper lanyard) though you can meet anyone anywhere. Once again Merch stores are always good places to meet casual traders. Keep in mind, even these three spots might be empty at some points, you might have to wait a bit for someone to inquire about trading with you. Though once you do meet someone, it seems to draw other traders in as well.

As for pinboards, some are difficult to find and are 100% not open throughout the whole day. Every once in awhile there'll even be special pin boards or custodial will wheel out a trash can with a bunch of pins on it. For example, the pinboard in the Mexico Pavilion on World Showcase is only up sporaidically and not always there. Sometimes the board is at the figurine carving table. There's also non-permanent boards at Guest relations, DVC booths, or Kidcot stands. Even I'm not certain as to which boards are where when, and I work there lol. (I haven't paid much attention to it though) Some boards are tucked away and you have to ask for them. This is common at the front desk of most resorts, the Guest srevices buildings at the front of the parks, and some smaller merch stores.

The only way to be absolutely certain is to just always be on the lookout. If you ask around and check every store, you'll find more than enough lanyards and boards to satisfy your cravings even if you don't find all of them. If you want though, I can try and take some notes as to where some of the more out of the way pinboards are, at least at EPCOT. How many each pavilion has, etc. I'd also be happy to meet with your friend and trade! What sort of pins are they looking for?

Back