• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are Pins in the Framed Sets also sold individually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Pins in the Framed Sets also sold individually?

LovetheSorcerer

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example, I purchased the Sorcerer's Apprentice Pin Pic # 53289 from someone on eBay before I knew it was in one of the framed pin sets - Pin Pic # 53019.

The seller on ebay is still selling pins from this framed set and I'm wondering how they are getting them? Are they opening up the framed sets and selling the pins individually or does anyone know if these pins were for sale in 2007?
Here is what their web page states --

"Our LAST ONE of this LIMITED EDITION Disney year 2007 Collectible Character Pin .... Available Only as part of a Special Framed "Fantasia" Collectors set it's the *SORCERER'S APPRENTICE MICKEY - CASTING the SPELL*... Appx. 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" Size .... Back of pin has Gold finish with [2] Single post pins for Extra Strength and reads "2007-Limited Edition 1000-[c]Disney" ... XXXXXXXXX is the Original Owner - Enamel Cloisonné".

Thanks for your help,

Some are, some are not. Usually PinPics will provide the answer to this one.

As far as how the pins that are ONLY found in a framed set are obtained individually, I can only guess the answer. Perhaps the individual had a set and it was damaged to the point where they could only salvage the pins. For event pins such as the WDW Trade City Event, I know of individuals who bought framed sets and broke them up in order to sell the pins individually on ebay. Like a car that has been stolen and taken to a chop shop, the parts are often more valuable than the whole.

Hope this helps!

Yes, pins from framed sets are often sold individually. As Greg/Debby said, people who purchase framed sets break them up to sell or trade each pin separately, mainly because many collectors want specific pins from the set, not the entire set. For example, I purchased two framed sets at the WDW PTU event a couple of years ago, broke one set up for trade, and kept the other for my office wall. The completer pin in the set (LE 60) is far more desireable to most collectors than the other pins in the set, which are higher number LEs. And of the higher LEs, Peter Pan collectors want the Peter Pan pin but not the Toad pin, etc.

Last edited:
This one person on ebay, I'm not too sure of -- even though I would love to have another pin from this set -- their posts always say, The last one and that they are the original owners.

Guess, I will just admire my framed set instead of spending another $25 on a pin.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I know for a fact that the framed set went on sale for 49. I have one hanging on my wall.
Let's just say someone purchased 3 or 4 at that price and are just now breaking them up. Two pins from each set, pays for it, everything else is profit. Easier to get someone to shellout $25 a pin, that's only in a framed set, than say $125. for the framed set. Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back