• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Bandwith exceeded at DPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandwith exceeded at DPP

Molly

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Do we need to do a fundraiser for the new site already? I have been trying to access it for quite awhile now but am only getting the 509 error message.:nono: good.

Not sure if the hosting provider does a daily, weekly or monthly bandwidth... But I'm sure it can rectified quickly. Just means we've been using the site a LOT. :) Not sure if Ethan knows yet, may take a day or two to get sorted out.

When the site comes back up, at the bottom of the page, there is a donate button. Every little bit helps keep this great site going!!

Ethan said he is going to make sure he ups the bandwidth. There have been many more users lately and with a new site there will be bugs. Be patient. It is getting taken care of.

It should be back up ANY hour now... just waiting on my host. I am looking into paying for more bandwidth upfront so this never happens again.

Not sure who you are using but are quite a few options that are really REALLY cheap for a ton of bandwidth, in fact I know of more than one that charge less than $5.00 a month for unlimited bandwidth. Maybe consider moving if they are charging more than the competition.

Not sure who you are using but are quite a few options that are really REALLY cheap for a ton of bandwidth, in fact I know of more than one that charge less than $5.00 a month for unlimited bandwidth. Maybe consider moving if they are charging more than the competition.

They would have to be located in certain specific countries though. PinPics has attempted (and succeeded at least once) to file frivolous claims against the site with the site's providers to get it shut down. Hosting providers will usually just shut down sites when this kind of activity occurs (it's easier than dealing with determining if the claim has any legal merit). It's a bully tactic used by people to get sites shut down they don't like, so he's moved the site to a country that will ignore these attacks. Limits the options for providers, but keeps the site alive.

Last edited:
Yeah...happened once to me, but that's it. This is off topic, I know...but would someone explain to me why the numbers assigned to pins from disneypinplace are abbreviated as "PD"? Seems like it should be "DPP" I'm just confused but if someone would enlighten me, I'd love it!

Yeah...happened once to me, but that's it. This is off topic, I know...but would someone explain to me why the numbers assigned to pins from disneypinplace are abbreviated as "PD"? Seems like it should be "DPP" I'm just confused but if someone would enlighten me, I'd love it!

I think the decision to use some letters to differentiate DPP entries from PP entries was made before a name for the site was thought up... Not sure what PD meant exactly, but I believe that's why it's not something that is closer to DPP or something like that.

They would have to be located in certain specific countries though. PinPics has attempted (and succeeded at least once) to file frivolous claims against the site with the site's providers to get it shut down. Hosting providers will usually just shut down sites when this kind of activity occurs (it's easier than dealing with determining if the claim has any legal merit). It's a bully tactic used by people to get sites shut down they don't like, so he's moved the site to a country that will ignore these attacks. Limits the options for providers, but keeps the site alive.

Im im not sure how this could possibly be. Simply threatening to sue someone is not a reason for an host to drop you so I am not sure what you could be saying. In order to actually file a complaint in court each filing alone is over $300.00 and simply "filing" a complaint does nothing more than to ask for a judge to hear their position. They would need a court order to force the site down not just a cease and desist. I highly doubt that Pinpics wants to go to court and argue that pictures or content that was provided by a community effort is now being infringed simply because they came in after the fact and purchased the theoretical "business" because the law is not in their side.

Is Ethan the owner of the site? I would love to see any actual legal actions or documents that they have sent and would be more than willing to provide legal council for DPP should these morons choose to start a problem.

Im im not sure how this could possibly be. Simply threatening to sue someone is not a reason for an host to drop you so I am not sure what you could be saying. In order to actually file a complaint in court each filing alone is over $300.00 and simply "filing" a complaint does nothing more than to ask for a judge to hear their position. They would need a court order to force the site down not just a cease and desist. I highly doubt that Pinpics wants to go to court and argue that pictures or content that was provided by a community effort is now being infringed simply because they came in after the fact and purchased the theoretical "business" because the law is not in their side.

Is Ethan the owner of the site? I would love to see any actual legal actions or documents that they have sent and would be more than willing to provide legal council for DPP should these morons choose to start a problem.

Hi Molly, most of the time just the threat of legal action is enough to get a host to take down a website. They don't want to spend any time or money in the off chance they might be held liable. It is just easier to take down the possible offending website.

@david

I'm not sure what hosting service would ever do something like that, money is king and if they just drop sites because someone tells them to they would go broke. I would be more than happy to give you the names of several hosting services that would never, EVER drop a site without a court order. If DPP is using a foreign hosting service, I'm sure it's waaaaay more money and since it could hosted with unlimited bandwith for less than $5 a month here it's worth fighting for. Also PP are bullies that need to see that just because they talk a big game, not everyone is afraid of their idle threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back