• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Been lurking, thought I'd say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking, thought I'd say hi!

Schmedgar

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello-

I've been lurking for a little over a week and thought I'd make my intro post. I did a wee bit of trading a few years ago when I was at a conference at Disney. Then, due to poor communication, my bf gave all my pins away to my niece and nephews for Christmas. A friend of mine got me started again earlier this month and now I'm having to keep myself in check!

I haven't really settled on specific themes yet for my collection so I'm sort of going with my gut for now.
I was looking originally for Stitch, Figment, Alice, Dumbo, and Jack Skellington. I may drop Stitch and Jack though. I think I'm more interested in a collection that crosses characters and movies/parks. Possibly a food theme or a collection of monochrome pins. Or maybe I'll just keep going with whatever I like and see where it leads!

I'm looking forward to seeing other collections and getting to know people on the board.

Thanks, I'm wondering how you all limit yourselves in pin acquisition. I started with Stitch then I fell for Figment then I got an Alice pin, then there was a green one....

Thanks, I'm wondering how you all limit yourselves in pin acquisition. I started with Stitch then I fell for Figment then I got an Alice pin, then there was a green one....

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Welcome to the forum!

For my wife and I, we just started the hobby this year and I focused on Mickey Mouse, which can be quite daunting, but I tend to like only the pie eyed Mickey, so that narrows it down a bit. My wife pretty much picks up whatever catches her eye. We've both recently developed a taste for various mystery sets and love the thrill of the chase to complete mystery sets. We will also collect limited edition sets, if they are visually appealing.

I'm fairly certain that we've been picking up only limited edition, mystery box sets, and hidden Mickey pins, as of late, in comparison to when we began with a strong amount of rack pins. There are still some rack pins that we will pick up, but not as many as when we first began the hobby. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back