• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Belated THANK YOUs to Alex, Jenna, David and the Waxes!!

ZAPPED! Belated THANK YOUs to Alex, Jenna, David and the Waxes!!

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Brace thine-selves for an emotional rambling series of "thank you"s:

We are T-Minus less-than-two months to our wedding, and anyone who knows me personally knows that I am totally overwhelmed. Which is putting it politely. Over the past month, I've laughed with joy over the surprise custom wedding band Dan slaved over and the perfection of dress fittings, sobbed bitterly when certain things didn't go my way and I had to put some very old dreams to rest, played referee to feuding family members, eaten a lot of delicious cake at cake tastings and tried my damndest to keep myself sane. Suffice it to say, it hasn't been an easy few months, but come October, it will all be worthwhile.

In addition to my wedding stress and bridezilla moments, I've also been selected as one of fifty American cosplayers to be featured with my team in Ger Tysk's upcoming book "Breaking All The Rules: Cosplay and the Art of Self Expression" (Shameless plug: preorders opened today! Book is $40 and GORGEOUS!) and I've just cranked out my second to last round of costumes this year for our beach photo shoot which happened yesterday. All told last week, I probably got about 20 hours of sleep over seven days, but the costumes are done, the photo shoot is done and I've seen some previews and couldn't be prouder of our work and this opportunity. But I'm exhausted mentally, physically and financially, so pins have temporarily been put on the back burner for me.

Today I came home from work to find a package from one of my favorite people: Alex (ElyssionsPrincess) sent me a surprise.

QKlaLPO.jpg

OMG this is basically the most accurate portrait of me and my emotional state for the last month and I have literally yelled "J'AIMIE SMASH" at so many things, not the least of which, my sewing machine. The illustration was hilarious, but the sweet note was what got me. Alex and I have become such good friends and I am so grateful to have her in my life. Attached to this amazing card was a little bubble wrapped bundle of beauty:

j6mp4L3.jpg

I. Love. This. Spinner!! The details are so beautiful and I love that the fairies are pin-on-pin!! I've pranced around my apartment "making it pink" and "making it blue" so much tonight that I'm pretty sure Dan is questioning my sanity and considering having me committed.

Also, I fail at photos, but I want to thank a few other members who made hell week much more bearable with their generosity. Jenna (BugCatcherJenna) sent me some adorable hair bows and David (docfish2u) zapped me with his auction bid another beautiful Japan Sleeping Beauty Valentine's Day pin. Darris and Angie, apart from being my emotional go-to people and the best damn adopted family I could ever ask for also zapped me with some Sleeping Beauty pins and omg DAN GOT A LIGHTSABER. These acts of kindness did not go unnoticed, and I just feel so badly I haven't properly acknowledged their awesomeness till this moment. You guys are just spectacular and made me feel so important and special, so THANK YOU.

DPF, keep doing what you do. This is a pretty amazing collection of human beings, and I'm thankful and humbled to be a part of it. <3 TIME FOR BED. FOREVER.​

Awwwww that is a cute zap. Congrats. Try not to stress to much about the wedding. I am sure everything will work out. :)

Congrats! I know it's impossible but try not to stress about the wedding too much. Just focus on enjoying your big day and think about all the wonderful years to come. The month before my wedding I kind of just threw my hands up in the air and said "whatever will be, will be." And I have to tell you, it was the smartest thing I ever did. I calmed down and just let everything run its course, and now 4 years later I can barely tell you anything about my wedding, it doesn't really matter all that much, all that matters is that I married the love of my life and we are living happily ever after. :)

Now that J'aimie has smashed, J'aimie can sleep, smile, and be EXCITED FOR HER WEDDING!! :D <3 I seriously cannot wait to see this thing!!! I love you bby! I can't wait to see your book!

Huge congrats! Oh and the Smash thing made me LOL. I'm sure all the stress and frustrations will be worth it in the end and you'll have a dream wedding, and a beautiful beginning to a wonderful life with Dan :)

Awe you're so funny jaime I can only imagine all the craziness but like whats been said it will all be worth it when your wedding comes I really hope you post picture I really want to see how it all comes together it sounds like its going to be pretty awesome congrats on your cosplay ive loved tge costumes youve posted before and congrats on your gifts you really deserve them :)

Best of luck with everything J'aimie. I know it looks like it's impossible now, but I am sure everyting will come together come your wedding time. Make some spa time for yerself :)

Last edited:
Back