• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Best/Favorite Pin(s) of 2022 - What are yours?

Best/Favorite Pin(s) of 2022 - What are yours?

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
We have reached the end of another pin year and it is time to look back and determine which we thought was best or our favorite of all the pin releases in 2022!

I'll give my picks in my two collecting categories - Wonderland and Marvel.

Wonderland -

Unsurprisingly, WDI won my heart again this year, but not necessarily the one you would think! While yes, the Dormouse profile was awesome, it will always be that pink kitty and his smile that wins my heart. So my fave Wonderland pin of the year is:

69723.jpg
Say Cheese Chessie!

Yes, sometimes simple is best and this reminded me of my fave DA and DS releases.

Honorable mention to the late in the year cuteness of the DSSH Holiday Cat Wreaths Chessie & Dinah (though both are much smaller than they should have been for the price):

71706.jpg
71704.jpg

Marvel -

My picks WERE going to be the Disneyland Paris Avengers Campus logo pins as I simply cannot resist logos and icons for Marvel:
avengers-campus-merch-2022-07-18T091240.586-scaled.jpg
RS_Rc860fff269.png

Paris was KILLING it with their Marvel pins and their open edition pins in general this year!

However, this late contender from the U.S. parks (that I still need to get) ultimately won:

Loki-Family-Disney-Pin.jpeg
Loki family pin!

WINNER! (Loki always wins in my multiverse)

Those are my picks for best of 2022 - what are yours? :)

There were a lot of great pins this year.

It fit none of my collections, but this pin just struck me when I saw it in person. The execution was great and this photo does not do it justice at all. Giving this pin top place for 2022:

Pin# 145982
DL - Fantastyland - Disneyland Attraction Poster

Runner up for overall favorite is this Adorb set, but favorite of these will be Mickey with glitter (I do love glitter):

Pin# 147261
WDI - Mickey - Adorbs - Chaser - Year Of The Tiger

For Mickey, I love the entire MMMA series. Size and quality was great and Mickey in different costumes... my fav! This pin is my top from the series:

Pin# 147588
Pirates of the Caribbean - Mickey Mouse Main Attraction

Maleficent had some great pins, but going to pick this one:

Pin# 149906
Pink A La Mode - Maleficent - Cute Villains

For Moana... upside down Hei Hei with Pua. Loved the colors and overall design of this pin:

Pin# 148962
WDW - Pua and Hei Hei - Kite Tails - Mystery

For Star Wars (tough choice since I love the family pin (from the same series as Loki above)), but this vampire droid took my top spot:
grailspace.png

Pin# 151678
R7 - Star Wars - Droid Factory - Halloween

Nice pics. That Star Wars jumbo is super nice but hard to pick that similar design as a favorite.

Love that Castle Poster, wish I had that one, favorite series this year.

I hate picking Profiles but this year my most sought after as well as many others would have to be the Figment Profile. I dislike picking popular pins, but this one is just unique in the way the paint stroke/background/amount of colors. The designer clearly loves figment because most profile backgrounds are monochromatic and makes the pin look a bit plain to me. But this one definitely really pops out. I’m not being biased as Figment is not my favorite character.
97f2e45dcf6aeef4e18b6aae6f7bc858.jpg

My other favorite excluding profiles would be the DLP Halloween Shadow pin. Very different and unique pin in the realm of “Disney”. Halloween pins have still been “cutsie” but I love that this actually instills an eerie mood.
ee6f17b76b40601be3476e4cdc7b3a9e.jpg

My favorite pickup. I have not acquired the prior 2 pins but this is my favorite pin I’ve actually acquired through eBay for a good price. Disney Auctions LE 1000 Evil Queen transformation pin.
e646057f1b3c4f102215a8cfa36d3343.jpg

All personal opinion which means nothing. Also can barely recollect what has actually come out this year.

Honorable mention: Thor Love & Thunder Marquee is a banger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics. That Star Wars jumbo is super nice but hard to pick that similar design as a favorite.

Love that Castle Poster, wish I had that one, favorite series this year.

I hate picking Profiles but this year my most sought after as well as many others would have to be the Figment Profile. I dislike picking popular pins, but this one is just unique in the way the paint stroke/background/amount of colors. The designer clearly loves figment because most profile backgrounds are monochromatic and makes the pin look a bit plain to me. But this one definitely really pops out. I’m not being biased as Figment is not my favorite character.
97f2e45dcf6aeef4e18b6aae6f7bc858.jpg

My other favorite excluding profiles would be the DLP Halloween Shadow pin. Very different and unique pin in the realm of “Disney”. Halloween pins have still been “cutsie” but I love that this actually instills an eerie mood.
ee6f17b76b40601be3476e4cdc7b3a9e.jpg

My favorite pickup. I have not acquired the prior 2 pins but this is my favorite pin I’ve actually acquired through eBay for a good price. Disney Auctions LE 1000 Evil Queen transformation pin.
e646057f1b3c4f102215a8cfa36d3343.jpg

All personal opinion which means nothing. Also can barely recollect what has actually come out this year.

Honorable mention: Thor Love & Thunder Marquee is a banger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the DLP Mickey pin.

For pin releases in 2022 I went to pintradingdb.com and searched on '2022' and this filtered relatively well.

For pin releases in 2022 I went to pintradingdb.com and searched on '2022' and this filtered relatively well.
I just checked my list.

Everyone has a list, right?

No?

Oh, then this is my semi-annual reminder not to depend on external databases and keep track of your owns, wants and trades in your own list/spreadsheet! :)

You're welcome, but it wasn't a zap, it was a Hanukkah present! :)

My favorite pins this past year were the supporting cast/family series. Most of all the Robin Hood one. FOOTBALL KLUCKY!

67176.jpg

And The Lion King - Timon is taller than every other character on the pin and it's goofy and I LOVE IT.

67458.jpg

I ADORE this art style and I hope they come out with one for every movie. I love that they mostly feature side characters and that they're OE rack pins so they're affordable/easy to get. They are easily some of the most detailed, highest-quality rack pins Disney's put out in the last few years (in the USA - France will always have us beat).

My other favorite pin this year is the Gadget PTD. She was one of my most wanted PTD characters and I was happy to be able to get her in person at DSF.

67643.jpg

ETA: I also really, really love this pin. I've been resisting being a completist for Turning Red, sticking to just 4*Town and Panda Mei pins I really like. While there are some great panda pins out there, this is the standout one of the bunch. I love the symbolism of Mei's panda side and human side reflected as two sides together in the same pin.

55073_OuGH.jpg

Last edited:
These Olaf pins are among my absolute fav pins that came ut last year for sure. I hope we get more!

Olaf-Presents-Ariel-Rapunzel-Disney-Pins.jpeg

Best 2022 released Chip and Dale that I managed to add to my collection are these:

57366_SrBD_pinail.webp
57361_Lvek_pinail.webp
54904_2p9m_pinail.webp
Dale-Clarice-Chip-Pin-Trading-Time-DLP-Pins.jpeg
. These are sooooo big! I love it!

This is also among the best ones but I have not been able to add it to my collection yet. Its a big want.

57326_Bmdd_pinail.webp

And Minnie:

57294_BrSQ_pinail.webp
57292_6QPc_pinail.webp
55858_7Mv9_pinail.webp
RS_R1835d385dd.png

Back