• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Best/Favorite Pins of 2023 - What are yours?

QUESTION Best/Favorite Pins of 2023 - What are yours?

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
It's that time of year! Time to look back at all the pins released in 2023 and pick our favorites and/or ones we think were the best!

Here are mine -

I'll note my faves are never about whether a pin is high value or not - they're just the ones that called my heart the most. :) So, while WDI has often taken top spot for me in the past, this year, it was almost all about park pins!

For my main Wonderland collection, while there were a lot of beautiful, ornate pins released this year, sometimes simple is best.

Paris nailed it with this big beautiful classic pose of the Mad Hatter, which I think is the pin I loved most this year (wish I'd known it was going to turn out so great - I would've tried for a second one to wear!):

77617_big.jpg

I also loved this FigPin of the Cheshire Cat:

FiGPiNMINI_M76CheshireCatALICEINWONDERLANDCOMBO_5e3e9f5c-29b8-4efe-97b9-84a29821af67.png

Although there are a ton of pins with both of these designs already, sometimes it's just about the execution. These pins are beautiful.

:madhatter:
:cheshire:

Honorary mention for theme goes to another Paris pin:

79008_big.jpg

A perfect Stitch pin as he invades Wonderland. Love it.

For my secondary Marvel collection, there was a clear winner for best pin - a parks LR pin:

75429_big.jpg

Big, beautiful, Loki. Perfection. :)

Honorable mention to a tribute to the wonderful new character Ouroboros with his handbook in this D23-exclusive pin:

But this year, the parks again won me over with TWO fantastic mystery sets. I meant to only get Loki and Cap, but somehow, I collected the whole sets plus extras - they were simply too marvelous! :)

First and foremost was the Valentines Assemble mystery set:

Marvels-Avengers-Valentines-Assemble-Mystery-Pins.jpeg

Classic comic art, fave characters, and nice sized pins. Winner! (Always looking for more Loki extras!)

Second was the second series "Collectibles Pin Pack" mystery set:

Marvel-Collectible-Pin-Pack-Characters-Disney-Parks.jpeg
Marvel-Collectible-Pin-Pack-2-Disney-Parks.jpeg

This had a great selection of characters, better art than the first series, and the fun of unexpectedly differently-sized pins in the packs.

Those are my picks for the year - what are yours? :)

My favorite for 2023 was the Peter Pan 70th Anniversary mystery set. I immediately knew I wanted it when it was released, and I was able to slowly buy here and trade there to get the full set. And without paying exorbitant markups too! I can see the set hanging on the wall when I lie in bed, and it gives me great joy.
cb26447fb2796e96e9886721f325a9dd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

My favorite 2023 pin is this jumbo Mickey on the locomotive that moves that came out on DL’s 68th anniversary. The nostalgic map and icons made it extra magical.
b7c8d9410ca9b530c80b68eab6a4b8a3.jpg

I have 2 favorite sets. The 1st is this set of stained glass princes from PALM. Pretty!
52d4d017eca7e1a5b40cedd3b8c34b6c.jpg

The 2nd is this villains tarot card set from DSSH. The grins and looks of contempt mixed with tarot theme made it a set I needed.
6a6af4f40da827be52ca6f49c043d853.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite for 2023 was the Peter Pan 70th Anniversary mystery set. I immediately knew I wanted it when it was released, and I was able to slowly buy here and trade there to get the full set. And without paying exorbitant markups too! I can see the set hanging on the wall when I lie in bed, and it gives me great joy.
cb26447fb2796e96e9886721f325a9dd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I loved this series.

OK, I hadn't realized that I hadn't come back and posted about my favorite pins from 2023.

I think it's this set. I'm only posting one picture in the set, but I got the whole set plus the film frame that was released the same day. The pictures on PTDB are from my set and yes, it took me a few weeks to photograph. Usually I open the package to verify all the pins are in there and then put it to the side to deal with later.

76261.jpg

I’ve been thinking and thinking on this question, and I think my favorite collections from 2023 were actually these little Halloween sets from Entertainment Earth. Great, simple little designs and they were cheap, too!

3dc2634a7e08f26c4b77741e77327510.jpg

c12df4816b7a9a2a3e9c0dd00b49958c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of my picks for 2023 were super rare ones. Sometimes simple is JUST RIGHT.

Back