• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Blocked by Ebay seller for asking for a picture -seller just contacted me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blocked by Ebay seller for asking for a picture -seller just contacted me
Wow..you guys assume a lot on someones refusal to send a Photo of the actual item. That is crazy assumption. Consider all sides before a rash "send me a PM" reaction to a story here. As, I know quite a few PMs have been sent lately with lots of bad and untruthful info.

All I am advising is that this seller was evasive and bombarded me with questions rather than supply a picture. His attitude was I feel rude, and his action to block me unfounded. I do not expect this sort of behaviour from an Ebay member.

Unfortunately that is not unheard of. I have been blocked by at least 1, maybe 2 different pin sellers because when their pin arrived I opened cases against them and reported them to ebay for selling counterfeit pins. Now I understand why they did it, but it only reinforced that they were dishonest sellers, because if it was an honest mistake than they shouldn't feel the need to block buyers for expecting to receive the item that was advertised.

I'm in agreement with kadair76, there is no excuse not to take a picture of your actual pin. If you're selling hundreds of pins, than you're not just a casual trader looking to get rid of a few traders so that you can buy pins that you want. If you're selling hundreds of items on ebay, regardless of what it is, than you're running a business and because there can be, with pins in particular, differences in color, enamel finish, etc, it is important to share your actual product with the buyer. And while I'm not implying that anyone sells counterfeits/scrappers intentionally I think to protect yourself as much as the buyer that you should have an actual picture and not a stock photo. But in the end as a seller as long as ebay allows it, that's your call. However I feel like there is no excuse, busy or not to send a picture to a seller that requests it. If you're an honest seller I think it's too your detriment to list stock photos because if a seller complains and opens a case you as a seller are the one losing money. Isn't it better to avoid that and just take your own pictures?

Please add me to your list for the seller's name.

The whole thing seems a bit dodgy. They can use all the excuses and sent me all the apologies they would like. I really do not have the time or money to waste with a seller, who uses those type of tactics.

Last edited:
The whole thing seems a bit dodgy. They can use all the excuses and sent me all the apologies they would like. I really do not have the time or money to waste with a seller, who uses those type of tactics.

I have never bought from this seller, and do not make any judgements about why he was reluctant to provide a picture. Perhaps he was just set in his ways, and needed a jolt to come round to a new way of thinking. Only by purchasing from him and experiencing the quality of his pins can a judgement really be made. My concerns have been addressed in that he now understands a purchaser's need to see what they are buying.

Wow Michele! I guess it does not stop, does it? Please let me know who it was when you find the time. If you are going to sell pins on ebay, you should treat buyers with respect and definitely take the pictures or at least explain why you cannot do so.

Unfortunately that is not unheard of. I have been blocked by at least 1, maybe 2 different pin sellers because when their pin arrived I opened cases against them and reported them to ebay for selling counterfeit pins. Now I understand why they did it, but it only reinforced that they were dishonest sellers, because if it was an honest mistake than they shouldn't feel the need to block buyers for expecting to receive the item that was advertised.

I have to disagree with you here. I've blocked a bidder from my auctions because they accused me of selling counterfeit pins. They bought 2 pins, both of which I personally originally bought from Disney Auctions. I posted the actual picture of the pins on my auction. But their paranoia was so great they cheated themselves out of real Disney pins. I took the pins back and refunded their money but I don't have time to waste with people who see conterfeit pins at every turn, soi blocked them. Sometimes paranoid pin collectors are their own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back