• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! [CLOSED] WDW Pickups: At Cost Lotto - Final Invoices and Mailout

Status
Not open for further replies.
source.gif

To every single post above detailing your awesomeness and expressing gratitude for your generosity.

I appreciate you so much and totally understand needing to put yourself first. I am truly happy to see you doing it. (Sorry about the IRS business...)

Hugs from me!
tenor.gif

Thank you so much Merlin for all you have done for the community and braving crowds and heat and frustration every week to bring us brand new pins, and your warm and welcoming spirit. You've been nothing but a huge help and a fabulous role model in this community.

Though I have never traded with you, or had you do any pick ups for myself, I've seen how you've done these pick ups with efficiency and love for all of us. Though you're going through a rough time right now, I hope that everything goes well and that the IRS gets sorted soon.

Your DPF family will always be here for you, to give back all the love and affection you've given us.

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and encouragement. They bring me joy more than you know and I feel all the love and warmth in spades. :))

I took this weekend to both hurricane prep and re-zen, so my apologies for having not sent out those invoices. You shall get them soon--probs tomorrow since I have the day off. :)

I also have these pins to offer as well:

48d15181fff311ad1d61f33ba6a9f92e.jpg
03d5b9dd2ea688ef28958a208b906558.jpg

The Opening Day pins are $15.99 and the others are $17.99. I only have one of each, first come first serve. :)

I also have two of the Mickey Farewell to Illuminations pin, as they randomly popped back up at Epcot.

5daa770af3ad5d7b316efec554bcc3f0.jpg

(pic lovingly taken from ebay because I'm too lazy to go take a picture XD)

Let me know if you'd like any of these and I'll add them to your invoice.

Thank you again, everyone. <3 it really means the world to have you all behind me, cheering me on. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and encouragement. They bring me joy more than you know and I feel all the love and warmth in spades. :))

I took this weekend to both hurricane prep and re-zen, so my apologies for having not sent out those invoices. You shall get them soon--probs tomorrow since I have the day off. :)

I also have these pins to offer as well:

48d15181fff311ad1d61f33ba6a9f92e.jpg
03d5b9dd2ea688ef28958a208b906558.jpg

The Opening Day pins are $15.99 and the others are $17.99. I only have one of each, first come first serve. :)

I also have two of the Mickey Farewell to Illuminations pin, as they randomly popped back up at Epcot.

5daa770af3ad5d7b316efec554bcc3f0.jpg

(pic lovingly taken from ebay because I'm too lazy to go take a picture XD)

Let me know if you'd like any of these and I'll add them to your invoice.

Thank you again, everyone. <3 it really means the world to have you all behind me, cheering me on. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Hi Merlin! Still typing out my thank you reply to this thread for you - so bear with me :) but it looks like I won one of the ToT anniversary pins in the lottery, could you add 1 of the Farewell to Illuminations pin to that invoice?

Thank you reply inbound! :D

Promised thank you reply:

Although I’ve only had the pleasure of doing a few transactions with you - I have poked around the forum for a long time (prior to signing up) and I’ve always seen you around or mentioned. You’ve done so much over such a long timeframe to help this community.

It’s pretty incredible to see someone who’s passionate enough about this activity that they’d dedicate their time + effort to helping others better their collections. I can’t imagine the amount of requests and pins you’ve processed over all this time - but every one of those people you saved from the secondary market scalpers/scrappers.

Wishing you nothing but the best. Stay safe through the hurricane, and focus on you! :)

Thank you, Merlin! I appreciate all the love and time you have poured into this community! Mental health and happiness comes first and I am proud that you are choosing to prioritize yourself! We haven't gotten to trade yet (hopefully soon!) but you have helped me acquire pins I either wouldn’t have at all or would have at much more of a cost, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a true gem in the Disney community. ❤️

I can;t say anything that's been said better than how it's already been said, but thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the DPF community these past few years.

If anyone deserves a break, it's you!

XPebSIa.jpg

(But, like, in a platonic way.)

Thank you so much for your years of dedication to this community - this pin family. While the pickups will be missed, keeping our Wizard sane and happy is more important.

You seem like the type of person who always puts the needs of others first. Try to think like a flight attendant:

In case of an emergency, put the oxygen mask on yourself FIRST. You will not be able to help anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first.

Get rid of some stress, try to relax and focus, get that PhD. We all love you and are rooting for you!

I’ll take the Star Wars galaxy edge landing pin (middle one in your picture) if it hasn’t been claimed yet. Think I’m waiting on an invoice so if it’s not too hard to add it to that, that would be great! Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And with that, dear friends, final invoices have been sent. <3 Shipments going out throughout the week.

I still have the Droid Depot and Rise of the Resistance LE pins available, plus one more Farewell Illuminations pin. :)

Thank you all again for the kind words and encouragement. This weekend has been very rejuvenating, even if the stress has just been actively pushed away for a few days. Hahah!

I'd repost the friends end of the era gif from earlier but too lazy to go through all the posts to find it lol. Again, thank you for everything and good luck vanquishing your dissertation!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For all you've done, Merlin, thank you! Lesser people than you would've gone mad more than a year ago with all the pin logistics you've juggled, I'm sure of it! You are not only a wizard, but a phenomenon!

Cheers to you!
:fig:

YOU ARE RUINING PIN TRADING!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

I have been been a long time proponent that the number one way to keep people involved in pin trading is access. Reasonably priced access.

There is no way to overstate the service that you have provided to this community over these last few years. For those of us that live more than a few hours drive away from a park, there is a moment of panic when the calendars get released, when you spot the pin you can't live without and you begin to contemplate, "How much will THAT cost me." And the relief, when you remember, "It's okay, Merlin can get it!"

original.gif

Oh yes, Merlin we do!

I am positive that there are people here who would have given up pin trading long ago, if it weren't for the reliable stream of packages coming out of central Florida. There are friendships that wouldn't have blossomed, trades that wouldn't have been made, zaps that wouldn't have been sent without having the positive "at least this pin was easy, I'm so happy to have it" to fight back against the sea of frustration of so much else surrounding pin trading *cough* D23 *cough* releases *cough* WDI * cough DSSH *cough*.

source.gif

396a4ebe-ae42-49e1-bd89-ab0061ce70d9.gif

tenor.gif

So

43d04af8-72b5-4c56-9c40-ad8c346fa173.gif

So that you can rock your dissertation and defense

giphy.gif

source.gif

but if everyone more than about 4 hours away from a park, disappears it will be all your fault.;)

I will take Rise of the Resistance, too.
I want to thank you for being such a reliable pin picker-upper. I haven’t used your services much, but when I have, you have been efficient and terrific. I sold and mailed some pins from the event and that one effort makes me truly appreciate all the work that goes into packaging pins for people. Take some time to relax, then get to work on the dissertation. You don't want to live with your life on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back