• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Announcement "Completed" Marketplace Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement "Completed" Marketplace Forums

Cicada

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may have noticed new subforums in the marketplace for "Completed" listings. This has been done to keep the marketplace as free from clutter as possible.

To initially populate forum(s), I have moved threads that haven't been active within the last year there, but would like everyone's input on how soon threads should be moved.

how often/soon are you guys seeing items sell? Should I move threads that haven't been active within the last 6 months over? last 3 months?

also take note that since our marketplace is so active, I may be pruning (deleting) really old threads in the completed forums to free up database space and to keep the site as snappy/quick as possible.

Thanks, and happy posting.

-The DPF Team

Looks good. I think if a thread hasn't been commented on in 3 months (not even a bump by the seller) that it should be moved to the "completed" area.

Why is it even necessary to keep old completed marketplace threads? If it's been a year or more, why not just delete them entirely and not waste server space?

For now I'm moving everything that's been inactive since at least August 2013.

For the future, I'd suggest moving every thread that is closed or has been inactive for at least 1 month. The idea is to streamline the marketplace forums, and there is no downside to moving threads. If someone wants to re-boot a thread in the "Completed" area, they can just any mod to move it back to the active area. There are enough of us now that there's almost always at least one of us online.

I agree with completely deleting anything that has been inactive for a year.

I agree with the 3 month policy, and the 1 year delete!! Just have 1 request -- can my 52 weeks of zapping post get stickied so I don't have to go crazy finding it to update it -- when I edit, it doesn't indicate activity, so I'm afraid it might go into that 3 month zone at some point...?? Thanks!

Zagales: As someone who did a whole year long thread, I suggest you subscribe to your thread. And then every time you edit it, post a reply. About once a week is likely the best way to go... Update that thread regularly to keep people aware of your zap fun.

Also, to search for your thread just go to Advanced search, and type in the title and your name, click on "titles" for the search field and you SHOULD be able to find it fast every time, no matter how buried it gets.

As to the finished threads.... I have been trying to get rid of my old threads by closing them. but to close them you need to reply. I wonder if there is a way to change that??? I didnt want my ancient sales threads bumped, so i reported them with a request to close/lock.

Folks should be closing/locking their threads on their own when a sale is finished. We all miss some now and then, but there are folks who NEVER close their trade/sales/auctions and it has always been a peeve of mine.

Yes Pix you can close them without replying... up at the top of the thread on the right hand side it will say Administrative... click that then select close and the hit proceed.... it will not bump it. Hope that helps

I think that Alex's thread should be stickied also.

The 3 month move sounds good, but I really think that there should be a 6 month delete. Why keep them any longer then that? If you really wanted to get rid of clutter make it a 1 month move and a 3 month delete. If your pins have not sold by that time, chances are they are not going to and if the person wants to relist they can.

I know of some people that reuse their sales thread for different sales they have, so I like the 6 month delete. I think that is plenty of time. I also think that ANY thread that is closed should be moved. If it is closed there is no need to keep it in the active area. I also agree that Alex should have his 52 weeks thread stickied

for folks who re-use their sales threads, I would assume that they would not need to be moved closed or deleted. They would be Active. Active threads with regular bumps, and responses from others would not be in the same category as those which stay open and never get a sale or trade response.

I agree with the 3 month policy, and the 1 year delete!! Just have 1 request -- can my 52 weeks of zapping post get stickied so I don't have to go crazy finding it to update it -- when I edit, it doesn't indicate activity, so I'm afraid it might go into that 3 month zone at some point...?? Thanks!

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back