• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

COMPLETED! My Mulan and Fa Zhou Handmade Display!

Status
Not open for further replies.
COMPLETED! My Mulan and Fa Zhou Handmade Display!

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Okay, so I just want to start off by saying how grateful I am to have three of the four pins I want for my collection. I am so fortunate to have acquired the ones I have thus far, and I'm very excited to share this pin display. I couldn't have done it without Darris, who zapped me the DA pin, or Frogswithhair, who sold me the PODM at a very fair price.

I handmade this frame (it was not very fun lol), painted it, and made the backing. The frosty white bars say "The greatest gift and honor.../...is having you for a daughter". This quotation and scene means the world to me. I never had the pleasure of knowing my father, because he passed away when I was two years old. All I have from him is a ring he gave to my mother for mother's day, with mine and her birthstones in it. A few pictures of us together, and scarce stories are all I have for his memory. But I know that he is proud of me, looking down from heaven! I like to think that if he were alive, he would say something like this to me. I have this collection not only to honor his life, but to honor what could have been!

Mulan+Frame+2.jpg

Here it is without the light behind the PODM

Mulan+Frame.jpg

And here you can kind of see the frame of the PODM. I hope to get a small, battery powered light to put behind it!!

There is an empty space for the last pin I need to make this small collection complete. The pin missing is 89869, you can see it in my signature. If anyone could try and help me find this pin, I would be very grateful! I don't have much for traders but I'm willing to try! (and perhaps buy, depending on price!)

EDIT 6/10/2013:

I FINALLY got the last pin I needed!! I am so, so happy to have achieved this most wanted pin! I paid a lot of money for it, and the seller took their sweet time mailing it to me (then it got lost in the mail...strange how that only seems to happen with your most wanted pins!!). But thankfully, it was finally delivered to me. Holding it in my hands was such a rewarding feeling, I almost started crying. It is so heavy and beautiful, and depicts my favorite scene of the film. I cannot believe it is mine!! Now, my memorial display for my father is complete!

6516_562397620476984_485957439_n.jpg

Lets just hope that they don't make any more Mulan/Fa Zhou pins! Haha.

Hope you like my display! <3

Last edited:
That is really touching and a beautiful display. I love seeing pins displayed in a theme, but this takes it to the next level. Thanks for sharing!

I really hope you find that final pin. They all look great displayed like that!

That is a really beautiful story, my cousin was 3 when her dad died so she has very little that was his, she loves to hear people tell stories about him since she doesn't remember him and tightly holds on to anything at all related to him, even their old dining room table. And as someone who is watching their dad waste away from cancer, your story touched me beyond words. You're never too old or too young to miss your parents when they're gone. Your display is beautiful and I'm sure he's watching you and very proud of the woman that you are.

Every father's hope and dream is that their daughter will feel this way when they are not right here. This is indeed a wonderful tribute not only to him but to you as well. I have no doubt that as he sees this, those words that he cannot say out loud are always around you. Well done. Thank you for sharing this.

What a beautiful story and a beautiful display to honor your father and your memories together its quite lovely. So happy you finally got your last pin to complete your set :)

Congratulations Alex! It's great to see your project finished. Your dad, I'm sure, is very, very proud to have you as his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back