• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Custom Jessica Rabbit 12" Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Jessica Rabbit 12" Doll
Another step closer, added sealer to the paint. Tried to style the hair some.

img0241pe.jpg

img0244cz.jpg

img0250cc.jpg

OH MY GOD THESE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! Seriously, one is her all neutral faced and normal posed. The other is like the more "sex symbol" face that makes me think of her famous "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" line. You have a great eye and talent my friend. :D

Thanks. The Ariel doll was harder to work with than Mulan was lol I did use the scene of Jessica in Eddie's office. I used this picture as a guide.

jessicamp.jpg

This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Having cartoon characters in real life and then real people in a cartoon world was just absolutely amazing to me. You Sir, are doing a fantastic doll re-creation of one of the movies leading ladies. :)
Random thought. For her prop, you should create a pair of flying kissy lips! :D

Thanks everyone. :hug:

I just have to say I really never thought I'd be able to do this at all. I totally doubted myself every step of the way. This is a project I've wanted to do for so long now - and I'm actually really happy with how they turned out.

I made a little video you can see here. Jessica Rabbit Custom Dolls
Hopefully next time I can video the process while I'm painting.

Not sure on the availability in your location but you could try a Disney Princess - Simba Ariel for the next one. Her hair is a shade lighter than DS or you could give her an orange wig, but doesn't have the same pose-ability. A lot of them don't have a fringe, it's a full length piece at the front and the hair takes a curl easily.
You can get them cheap 2nd hand too (not my pic - quicker than uploading my own :lol:)
jfyxco.jpg

I still plan on making a display of kisses floating around her on a wire but it's proving more difficult than I thought. Here's the new dress.

tumblr_mj2pqd3Ghe1rpz824o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mj2pqd3Ghe1rpz824o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mj2pqd3Ghe1rpz824o2_1280.jpg

So here it is - the final piece. I'm not so sure I like the beaded display. It took forever to make, but it looks cute.

tumblr_mk87haHXfe1rpz824o1_500.jpg

Wow, this is amazing! I can't believe the likeness. It looks like an official release and not a custom at all. I prefer the Ariel version, which probably comes with her being harder to work with, lol.

You can tell this is a labor of love. Nice!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! This is INSANE!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! This is AMAZING! I love the open mouthed expression. And the Kissy Spirals, perfection. Gah! Now I need to go watch the movie cause you have me missing it. ;)
This is phenomenal art you've done. (And seriously, the only way anyone would know what this doll started as is by following this thread.) I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back