• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS Custom Minnie Mouse Doll

DOLLS Custom Minnie Mouse Doll
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Does this qualify for other Disney collectibles? I butchered a Disney doll to do it lol! So it's a Frankensteined collectible!

Anyway, long story short, I really wanted a fully articulated Minnie Mouse fashion doll. The Designer dolls come close, but had a few drawbacks. Their unusual bodies meant sharing clothes, especially shoes, would be hard. This sort of defeats the purpose of a fashion doll. I already have the same struggle with my Pinkie Cooper dolls in that their small stature means other doll clothes won't fit properly. The other much larger drawback was the price and scarcity. It's a lot to add the doll to the collection in the first place, and then to be worried about finding clothes and damaging the doll? Not my jam. I've already agonized over opening Robin Hood and Maid Marian for four years even though I desperately want to and they're still sitting on my shelf, boxed.

So I set out to macgyver a Minnie! Minervyr one, if you will?

First thing I did was buy a Jakks Pacific Minnie Mouse playline doll. I much prefer the face sculpts on the designers, but beggars can't be choosers. I forgot to take before photos so have an ebay photo.

s-l500.jpg

Then, I had to figure out a body that would match Minnie. Once upon a time, only Catty Noir from Monster High would've been a skin match from her, and she would've looked disproportionate due to the large head and skinny body. Shadow High and Rainbow High have been awesome for providing fantasy skin colours though, so I picked Shanelle up with a coupon from Target. There is a boy with her same skin tone coming in the Series 2 lineup, so you may see a Mickey join Minnie eventually!

Back