• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

D23 Expo....To go or not to go.....that is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D23 Expo....To go or not to go.....that is the question.
Oh... I plan to fly down just for the merchandise ... We went in 2011 and mainly just bought stuff did a little pin trading ... And watched the Lion King in 3d

Just join d23 for free snd bring your receipt..works the same as the card

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
But will it work if you join D23 after you bought your tickets. I thought they stipulate that you have to have a "D23 member ticket" and also we have 2 children under 18 and I can't seem to register them on Disney.com (it won't process under 18 dates of birth) because of their age and therefore can't get them the free D23 memberships.

Hello Fellow members, do you know if I buy D23 tickets from a fellow pin member on here if it is transferable like that? Doesn't the ticket have your name on it?

Yes the ticket has name, "member" if the person who bought it is a D23 member and a bar code area that most likely has additional information like email address

Depends on where you get it from...if you got a ticket from a cast member as a favor then there is no name on the ticket...also if kids can't get d23 membership then just the adults have to have it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

But will it work if you join D23 after you bought your tickets. I thought they stipulate that you have to have a "D23 member ticket" and also we have 2 children under 18 and I can't seem to register them on Disney.com (it won't process under 18 dates of birth) because of their age and therefore can't get them the free D23 memberships.

Yeah I just reread "things to know" and you have to had purchased the "member" ticket not the general ticket to gain early access...so you have to have a member ticket not a general ticket with a membership

Yeah I just reread "things to know" and you have to had purchased the "member" ticket not the general ticket to gain early access...so you have to have a member ticket not a general ticket with a membership
So I have a cast member ticket even though I have a d23 membership it won't let me get entry in early?

So I have a cast member ticket even though I have a d23 membership it won't let me get entry in early?

Does it say general or member on it? Because if you go to d23expo.com and click on "things to know" on the side then scroll down to where it say d23 members tickets it will state: "D23 Member TicketsIf you are a D23 Member purchasing the special discounted D23 Member tickets, you and your entire party will be afforded early entry to D23 Expo 2013 as a group. Please note that only guests with the D23 Member tickets will have this privilege."

"QUOTE=ryn1690;558124]Does it say general or member on it? Because if you go to d23expo.com and click on "things to know" on the side then scroll down to where it say d23 members tickets it will state: "D23 Member TicketsIf you are a D23 Member purchasing the special discounted D23 Member tickets, you and your entire party will be afforded early entry to D23 Expo 2013 as a group. Please note that only guests with the D23 Member tickets will have this privilege."[/QUOTE]

I think you should be fine because under "things to know" it also says:
D23 Members
D23 Members should bring their D23 Membership card with them, as well as a valid photo ID for access to early admission to the Expo, to purchase special D23 Member-exclusive merchandise and for other D23 benefits.

So sounds like you can have a regular ticket but just bring your membership info. that's what i'm doing.

Also I think the member tickets is more referring to you being able to bring in your ENTIRE party instead of just yourself. If you just have the membership card you cannot bring in your entire party and each person needs a membership....but if you have a member ticket than you can bring in everyone.

Does anyone know if D23 had a separate line for picking up tickets on the day of the expo? (Like say, from the line to actually buy tickets for the expo)
I bought mine 2 days ago and although it says they will be mailed, I'm guessing they will have to be picked up because they say Onsite.
I don't think I'll be able to make it on Thursday for early pickup, so I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of where to go when I get there Friday.

Disney should just put this all in one section lol...they sure confuse me...but we shall see how it goes when we get there...never been so hope it's a good experience

Does anyone know if D23 had a separate line for picking up tickets on the day of the expo? (Like say, from the line to actually buy tickets for the expo)
I bought mine 2 days ago and although it says they will be mailed, I'm guessing they will have to be picked up because they say Onsite.
I don't think I'll be able to make it on Thursday for early pickup, so I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of where to go when I get there Friday.

Hi Dennica111, I had a huge debacle over this topic with the D23 guest relations when they eventually got back to me with actual responses on how and where I could pick up my tickets I was told the following:
- Tickets can be picked up from the 8th or on the day that you are going to the expo from the will call area
- the will call desk is actually within the convention centre itself, if you look at the map you will see it is outside the exhibition centre but within the convention centre entrance foyer.
- there will be a separate line for those that want to pick up their tickets on the day and this will be separate from the line up of those with tickets already. Note that once you have received your tickets from the will call line you do not have to line up in the entrance line but instead can go into the exhibition hall.
- there will be cast members there on the day that will direct you to the appropriate line.
- to pick up your tickets it is recommended that you bring photo ID, your D23 membership card (or email confirmation for those with free membership, it just has to have your membership no on it) and you don't have to bring it but it is recommended, a copy of your ticket receipt/confirmation.
- I am not sure for those that purchase original tickets then subsequently got the free D23 membership if you will be allowed early entry due to the fact that your ticket will state on it if you are a member or not and this is based on your situation at the time you purchased the ticket, but regardless it is recommended that you still bring your membership confirmation as they would not be able to deny you entry due to the fact that you are technically a member and you can confirm it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, Polaris!
I was worried about where to go, this will be my first D23.
I don't want to miss out on any of the merchandise and possibly Arena events, hopefully it will be fine.

Has anyone outside the US tried to get the free D23 membership on the US website? It doesn't let me enter my phone number, just wondered if anyone has managed to do it?

Has anyone outside the US tried to get the free D23 membership on the US website? It doesn't let me enter my phone number, just wondered if anyone has managed to do it?

Try to delete your address and re-write it again. I have to do that every time I order or buy something and after that the order goes through :)

I've had exactly the same problem, I have tried everything but still cant get around it, so sad as I really wanted my free membership :(

I ended up contacting them,
"Dear Disney Guest,
We are delighted to have received your recent email and we appreciate
your interest in DisneyStore.com. Regrettably, the D23 membership is
only for the continental US. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may
cause." :(

OMG! Did you guys had any idea Natalie Portman was going to attend?! Also I have a question, was there any Meet and great of any sort for VIP members?! If I had known this, I would had spent all of my money just to meet her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back