• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Descendants Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
...which is amusing, since Ever After High was just trying to cash in on the popularity of Monster High.

...which was trying to cash in on the popularity of Bratz!

At least we're getting down to proportional heads again. I never could get behind Bratz, Monster High or EA High, because they all reminded me of Cleo the Goldfish rather than anything humanoid, plus I often found the outfits too revealing. EA High's gowns started attracting my attention, but their heads were a problem. If Descendants improves the quality of their outfits, I'll be interested! :)

Pinocchio-pinocchio-4947895-960-720.jpg

Actually, Ever After High is a sister line to Monster High (the stories even intertwine a bit--one of the characters, Cupid, transferred canonically from MH to EAH) But everything else is pretty spot on :lol:
I can't say I'm excited for these, however.... The outfit designs are very bland and cheap looking, and the heads look very prototypical and cross-eyed :/ Meh.

Yeeaahhh EAH is the sister line to MH...And no one was trying to cash in on Bratz. Which is painfully obvious that was a dying line further killed by MH when the Witches line came out and those quickly went on clearance.

Also the MH books came out before the dolls and had a rabid following before the dolls started..

They look great, but I can't believe Disney is so blatantly ripping of EAH.

I can lol. Ever After High and Monster High are two of the most popular doll lines on the market right now and Mattel has made a lot of money off of them. I had a feeling that it was only a matter of time before Disney wanted to cash in on the craze. Even My Little Pony did that with the Equestria Girls line. But I guess the advantage to these is that they are they sons and daughters of the Disney versions of the characters, which does also give them the option to create some really unique dolls.

I can lol. Ever After High and Monster High are two of the most popular doll lines on the market right now and Mattel has made a lot of money off of them. I had a feeling that it was only a matter of time before Disney wanted to cash in on the craze. Even My Little Pony did that with the Equestria Girls line. But I guess the advantage to these is that they are they sons and daughters of the Disney versions of the characters, which does also give them the option to create some really unique dolls.

Fair enough. I collected MH and EAH for a time but stopped somewhat recently to just focus on the Disney LE dolls instead. I guess it's more so that I feel like Disney is usually better at disguising their "borrowing"? Although in this case I would say it's pretty hard to do that anyhow because there's little else to disguise relatives of fairy tale characters.

I definitely am excited to see what they do though given that they have a lot to work with by using real Disney characters and not just generic fairy tale versions as you mentioned.

Fair enough. I collected MH and EAH for a time but stopped somewhat recently to just focus on the Disney LE dolls instead. I guess it's more so that I feel like Disney is usually better at disguising their "borrowing"? Although in this case I would say it's pretty hard to do that anyhow because there's little else to disguise relatives of fairy tale characters.

I definitely am excited to see what they do though given that they have a lot to work with by using real Disney characters and not just generic fairy tale versions as you mentioned.

I don't know if diguise is hidden too well ):

Just like Disney infiity...they wanna have it all lol

Yes! i agree, they look like FUN to customize.

I get excited about any new doll with a bunch of joints! ;)

What is even more amazing is how they don't even do LE dolls for this line. They do all of these exclusive to this and that event dolls, but all of them are basically mass produced and sold...AND STILL WITH AMAZING DETAILS!!

Yeeaahhh EAH is the sister line to MH...And no one was trying to cash in on Bratz. Which is painfully obvious that was a dying line further killed by MH when the Witches line came out and those quickly went on clearance.

Also the MH books came out before the dolls and had a rabid following before the dolls started..

Not true! The dolls actually came out spring/summer 2010, the first book wasn't until fall 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back