• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Couples at Disney Store Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Couples at Disney Store Now!
Mine I kept try as hard as I might, add to cart, add to cart, add to cart, and everytime it said you are not allowed to purchase at this time!! I thought mabey they dont allow orders over phone net, so I was calling my neice to have her order for me but she was sound asleep, so it was heartache all over again.

Aw, I was hoping so hard for all of you when I started reading the thread! I still hope at least some of you get your orders fulfilled!

Mine I kept try as hard as I might, add to cart, add to cart, add to cart, and everytime it said you are not allowed to purchase at this time!! I thought mabey they dont allow orders over phone net, so I was calling my neice to have her order for me but she was sound asleep, so it was heartache all over again.

My Cell Phone Broke ): It rings but I can't answer it the screen is cracked and black. I can't believe they sold them online bummer ):

Status is closed on mine as well. Sigh. I just wanted two of the pins, the rest I was going to give to people. After the lines at the expo and not getting a set there either and dealing with all the foul attitudes, I have such a sour taste in my mouth. :( congrats though to anyone who was able to snag one online!

First of all Echo, I'm not trying to be super mean here or attack you. In the end, we both know none of it mattered in the end anyways...But perhaps you got attitude because you blatently admitted to coming after others and cutting in line. I asked you point blank if you came after me, you replied "Yes" and yet you still sat in front of me. Attitude justified in my book. Perhaps you aren't referring to me in the quote above but I was not happy with you. What did you get in the end? Maybe 10 spots in line closer? Fine if you want to sit with your friends that brought you a chair, but when the line moves, you get in the spot where you should have been. I'm sure I'll get some infraciton or whatever, but don't come on here and play this "woe is me" crap when you fully know and admitted to cutting. I've read 2 or 3 of your posts already about the attitudes people gave you in line. If you cut and admit it, expect some fingers and glares pointed your way. I was still nice, I shared my peach rings. It's not like I going to go and hate on you, but just know why those people maybe are.

I came before you, I did not get a set either (regardless of whatever rumors are saying.) We did exactly what Nathan asked us to do. (Nathan, aka wolverine (his walkie-talkie code name,) aka Disney security, not Nathan95 on here FYI.) We did single file, we did our best to keep in order but then they dropped the ropes and all hell broke lose. I'm a big guy, 6'3" 240lbs, and I was getting pushed over. I wore a backpack and people seemed more likely to push on me because it was a backpack and not an actual body. It was impossible to try to maintain any order. Nasty people telling their friends to cut and when you call them out they snap at you with vile faces and anger. I was accused of elbowing a girl in the chest on purpose. Why would I do that? Honestly people? I threw my arms out to the security guards like "Come on, do something" but I never made physical contact with person intentionaly to hold them back or whatever. I did not push, I did not cut. When we the ropes dropped the guards kept telling people to stop shoving. He actually started hand picking people who were not shoving to go. That is how I ended up going from about #50 in the overnight line to about #20 in the next single file line inside. But none of it mattered.

It didn't matter anyways, in the end almost none of the first 50 people got pins. 1 person hid pins in her bag and handed them to her friends, so those in that first 50-ish group that did get pins were handed them other than eyhanddisney who got one from her sorcere buddy. I know of a least 4 people that were behind me in the morning that got sets. I don't blame the person that put the sets in her bag. Kill or be killed in the animal world. I was within 5 spots of the store entrance when they announced no more pins. I was so frustration I just left and went to WDI instead. Turns out if I had stayed literaly 5 more minutes I would have got one of her sets in her bag. Hindsight is 20/20. The blame is on Disney and their security. The security lady manning the line when they dropped the rope actually got snippy with a pin trader when we tried to warn her what was about to happen and about the cutting. The D23 security person actually said "This is an expo, not some pin release. If your friends are here or there, you can join them in line. There is no such thing as cutting at an expo." We tried to plead with her and tell her that everyone had a $1000 vested interest to get these pins because they cost $200 and sell for $1200. Not because we all want to sell them, but because if we want them and we don't get them that is how much extra they will cost us.

People on here really would benefit from coming and seeing the actions of some of the DPF members. We aren't allowed to say what really happens and point out who exactly did what or fear infractions. If your name calling or being mean that's one thing, but if you're just telling the truth about the way it went down then that should be allowed. I'm gonna start wearing a GoPro camera to releases and post the video online for a live point of view. Wish I had the data on my phone to stream it. At 12am-3am, people can get ugly, and not their looks. Holding spots, lying about it, bullying people that try to keep the order.

It's good to say how you feel sometimes, I'm glad you spoke out and let it out! This is a hobby and shouldn't cause so much stress. I was shocked to see some unfair behavior too! At the end, they are just pins... And I was sad too because I could not get a set, but something better will come out. You will be able to trade for these pins !!

It's good to say how you feel sometimes, I'm glad you spoke out and let it out! This is a hobby and shouldn't cause so much stress. I was shocked to see some unfair behavior too! At the end, they are just pins... And I was sad too because I could not get a set, but something better will come out. You will be able to trade for these pins !!

I posted this elsewhere but will add here. I am a Wreck-It Ralph completist and I got the pennies. I am working on being an Aulani completist and I got the WDI poster pin with the Aulani logo. So the pins I needed I got. The pins I wanted, will just stay that way, on my wants list.
E9C41CA9-0C49-4BBF-AE97-7DD60FC87376-115-000000006B98B57C_zps5b5b1693.jpg

Last edited:
Someone posted an ebay link here, or maybe it was on the doll thread. Someone in IL has 6 sets up for sale for the low low price of 1199.99 (do I sound like an infomercial?) With the way the release was handled, I would think the seller would be nervous trying to sell these without having them in hand.

That seller was probably an Expo Sorcerer's package holder and got them at the Expo. We heard one Sorcerer's package person (on Saturday in the Disney Store line) brag that they already had 12 sets. Sorcerer package holders had first access every day (including Thursday) :(

Last edited:
That seller was probably an Expo Sorcerer's package holder

I don't think, I perfectly remember this seller when the villains designer pins were released last year, he had at least 10 sets of this collection ... On his auction he stated Disney Store and not D23 and none picture of the actual item is available. Maybe he will have to cancel some bids. Anyway, we're lot of people very sad about this release at the D23 and online.

That seller was probably an Expo Sorcerer's package holder and got them at the Expo. We heard one Sorcerer's package person (on Saturday in the Disney Store line) brag that they already had 12 sets. Sorcerer package holders had first access every day (including Thursday) :(

Not cool! I hope you gave her the stank eye! Disney should enforce the "Limit One per customer" rule! Simple resolution: scan the attendee badge on all purchases. Once logged that an LE item has been purchased, the system shouldn't allow them to purchase another! And over a loud speaker above the register, an announcement should play "Attention shoppers... We have a Cheater here!" Lol. Just kidding

This whole thing just made me incredibly sad :( I was one of the people who waited in line from the wee hours of the morning on Friday for these pins- when I got there I knew there was too many people in front of me to be able to get a set, but we waited it out with friends just in case so I wasn't too disappointed I didn't get my set.

What really made me sad was the fact there were so many people cutting, cheating and generally just snaking their way to the front of the line to get one of the few sets that were left after Sorcerers were able to purchase... The line up wasn't all that bad until the single file line turned into a sea of people- after that, you could have been the latest arrival and still pushed your way to the front (which FYI Disney, isn't fair at all and this situation was handled TERRIBLY).

The bad side of people comes out when there is money to be made or desperation to snag a set at cost to avoid paying a 500% markup on eBay... I saw people get pushed, shoved, trampled, crushed, and verbally abused. It doesn't matter if it's pins, dolls, Vinyls, or anything of monetary worth... it's NOT worth it if you have to treat other people badly to secure yourself a set.

For me at least, I would rather walk away empty handed knowing I didn't treat anyone badly than walk away with a set of pins knowing I'd made someone's day miserable or even caused someone harm. Of course I'm a little upset I didn't get pins (as is everyone), but I'd be more upset if I'd known I had made someone else sad. Be a good person to others around you and karma will get you! :)

Not cool! I hope you gave her the stank eye! Disney should enforce the "Limit One per customer" rule! Simple resolution: scan the attendee badge on all purchases. Once logged that an LE item has been purchased, the system shouldn't allow them to purchase another! And over a loud speaker above the register, an announcement should play "Attention shoppers... We have a Cheater here!" Lol. Just kidding
I agree with you 100%. What really annoys me is that the ebay sharks get the pins not the actual collectors :( pin collecting isn't fun anymore. It used to be bags of fun and everyone was friendly and would share, nowadays people just want to make money from anything that is released.

Last edited:
Honestly what were they thinking? I don't know. What is the thought process behind saving lots of sets for each day, to give people a chance, but then let the sorcerer package buy a new set every day?? They got their special shot on Thursday. They should have had all 250 available and once they had their shot, that's it. That is how the Disneyana Jessica's were. One shot, then they go to general public. And why the heck would they be sitting out in the store and not behind the counter? Morons. Complete morons. To them, they ran a super successful expo that sold out of many items and made them tons of money. To us it was a complete charlie foxtrot. They don't care, people will still go next time.

Neither day did they scan my actual ticket either. I had a weird ticket I got in the mail that I could use to get a stagepass but it wasn't my actual ticket as I didn't buy any. Both Friday and Saturday they scanned that, the thing buzzed because it wasn't a ticket, and they let me go in. So I technically have 2 unused tickets, one each for Friday & Saturday. The people they hire are not prepared to properly deal with the devious people. They don't know the points to watch for people sneaking. Obviously they can't police all 10,000 people or however many that place holds. But you can put up ropes and not just taped lines. Manage the order, keep it slow. Don't lead people down a long open space just to turn a 180 and lead the front of the line back past the middle of the line. Don't let anyone IN an EXIT door. Don't not care about merchandise issues. So many staff people were non-chalant about it. If you just walked passed someone and ignored them, they often just let you go. Only once I saw someone stand their ground firm. People trying to re-enter the Arena line on Saturday after they left that area. One pin trader just timed it when they let a group into the store and did a quick 90° turn and pretended they were with that group. Cut off a 2+hour line waiting to get in. People who were in the store would drop off their bag with someone and cut in line and go again. Just contain and maintain the lines better. More ropes, more people watching who goes under/over the ropes. They did do wristbands at least for Saturday. They should probably do them for the shows too. So they know the max they can fill up but then people are standing in a giant room for 4 hours waiting for the arena to open.

Last edited:
It just seems cruel that they were posted on DS if they didn't have any to go around. I'm sorry to all of you that really want these...it's one disappointment after another.

I don't think, I perfectly remember this seller when the villains designer pins were released last year, he had at least 10 sets of this collection ... On his auction he stated Disney Store and not D23 and none picture of the actual item is available. Maybe he will have to cancel some bids. Anyway, we're lot of people very sad about this release at the D23 and online.

I could have sworn the seller had listed that the pins would ship when it was "in hand" but when I go back and look at the listing, it doesn't say that anymore (I guess looking at ebay listings at 2 am when one should be sleeping makes you see things)

Despite all the horrid of this expo. I found this hilarious! lol it almost justifies anything bad someone could possibly do. LOL

Now back to banter.

I am not the type of person to completely write someone off. I think it's a bit juvenile to hold a grudge or drag on and on about something. They are still a person, I am still a person. I will still talk to you. I will try to repair the bridge. There are some that will never let anything go. From the first time you do something they think wronged them they treat you like absolute garbage forever. Snicker at you, point and laugh, mock, tell their friends to hate you too. Never a second chance. Very juvenile and really just pathetic and annoying after a while. Echo may have cut and may have made me mad, but she's Echo. I'm Mark. We will see each other again soon. So why get all pissy forever? I was sharing peach rings with whoever was there. She asked for one, here ya go.

What really annoys me is that the ebay sharks get the pins not the actual collectors :( pin collecting isn't fun anymore. It used to be bags of fun and everyone was friendly and would share, nowadays people just want to make money from anything that is released.

Totally agree Chloe. I'm more or less retired from collecting or trading now, because of all this madness. I havent had any luck getting the UK releases, and dont have the calibre of traders to trade for any of the pins I want. Last year I was able to buy a few pins, but this year I just cant afford the increased prices. Its very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back