• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Disney Blog Afternoon Disney Vinylmation Update

VINYL Disney Blog Afternoon Disney Vinylmation Update

Dizneyusa

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

There is one word that causes me to break into song – “Ducktales!†Did you finish singing the rest of it? Like many of you, I was glued to the television watching the Disney Afternoon when younger. There were so many great shows (with great theme songs – “Spin it!â€). Fortunately for many fans (including me), there is an artist with Disney Design Group who brought his love of the Disney Afternoon to a new series of Vinylmation figures. I spoke with Chris Chapman about his work during a recent visit to his office.

“My sister Jackie and I grew up watching the Disney Afternoon,†reminisced Chris. “Several Disney Design Group artists and I have been talking for awhile about introducing Disney Afternoon merchandise to Disney Parks. Vinylmation seemed like a great fit for these characters.â€

There will be multiple two-figure sets featuring shows like “TaleSpin,†“Chip ‘N Dale Rescue Rangers,†“Ducktales†and more (sorry, no set for “Disney’s Adventures of The Gummi Bears†at this time). These sets will have an edition size of 1,000 each and will retail for $24.95 each. The first set – Disney TaleSpin – is being released via the Disney Parks Online Store on March 2, 2011. Additional sets will be released at the D-Street locations in California and Florida in the coming months (keep watching Disney.com/Vinylmation for dates).

Chris was responsible for designing the figures and the packaging, which was inspired by the opening credits.

â€I designed the boxes with the opening credits in mind,†explained Chris. “They feature splashes of paint, the classic Disney Afternoon logo and a black and white sketch of one of the characters in the set.â€

These sets have been in development since January 2010. One figure in each set will have an accessory item like the hats featured on Baloo, Darkwing Duck or Chip. I asked Chris which figures he found most challenging to design.

“The toughest figures were Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad McQuack,†said Chris. “Their duck bills were difficult to translate to the Mickey Mouse shaped form. Baloo, on the other hand, was the easiest.â€

I think my favorite figures are Chip and Dale (it’s Dale’s aloha shirt – how I want one like that!). Chris told me his favorite figure is Darkwing Duck.

“It is difficult for me to pick just one figure,†laughed Chris. “I like Darkwing Duck as I always liked that show. The show was a great mix of comedy and adventure. The fure with his hat turned out perfect!â€

And with that said, “Let’s get dangerous!â€

??????? DS did it again????????? Looking forward to hearing the update today on what happened and why they were
not released last night..................probably still on the March 5th date and FL was on the March 2nd date?

I am so so so glad I stopped waiting up at nights with DS a very long time ago. I just wish that the communication with
Disney would be so much better after all this time. And if something did come up then at least post it for everyone that does
read the boards and buys their merchandise. It is the least that can be done. If anything, if there is going to be a release
I can't see why it can't be confirmed at least 48 hours prior and then make sure all is a go and update the boards for the
customers. At least if there was a problem somewhere it could be corrected ...... JMO

Dana

P.S.: This is what was on the Vinylmation.Com Events Site last night and still there this morning: not once - but even twice???
So something went wrong........

DisneyStoreLogo.jpg

FEBRUARY 25, 2011
PRODUCT RELEASE
DisneyParks.com/Store:
Vinylmation™ - Nerds Rock!

MARCH 2, 2011
PRODUCT RELEASE
DisneyParks.com/Store:
Disney Afternoon - Tale Spin! - Two Figure Set featuring Kit and Baloo (Edition size 1000)

MARCH 2, 2011
PRODUCT RELEASE
DisneyParks.com/Store:
Disney Afternoon - Tale Spin! - Two Figure Set featuring Kit and Baloo (Edition size 1000)

MARCH 11, 2011
PRODUCT RELEASE
DisneyParks.com/Store:
Vinylmation</I>™ - Occupations

MARCH 18, 2011
PRODUCT RELEASE
DisneyParks.com/Store:
Vinylmation</I>™ Jr. #3 - Good Luck / Back Luck Series

MARCH 21, 2011
PRODUCT RELEASE
Select Disney Store locations and DisneyParks.com/Store:
Vinylmation</I>™ Villains #1 - 9-inch plus 1.5-inch figures featuring Maleficent, Julius and Jumbaa.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- All information is subject to change including but not limited to dates, times, artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices.

Last edited:
Something must have gone really wrong since DS.com verified yesterday when I called them that it will go on sale today

THey have had guests calling all morning about it. It will be put up some time today

Edit: Maybe they will offer it in the Afternoon, like the Disney Afternoon moniker?!?

Last edited:
Back