• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Cruise Line Trading! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Cruise Line Trading! Please help!

scarsiandam

Jessie the Kitty Lover ♥
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
:anxious:
hello everyone :) I just made the jump today from Dizpins to here, happy to be a part of this wonderful board again. :) I'm a bit late on the train!

I just started thinking about pins, today, when I came home my Dad surprised me telling me he just booked tickets today for the Disney Dream cruise that is leaving in Feb. 3rd! Talk about short notice but I'm so excited I'll be seeing the Mouse in just 8 days!!!! :eek:) Of course, this being my first ever Disney cruise~ I have the common question- are there places to trade on board? I definitely would love to lug my new traders on board if there will be good opportunities to trade with CMs or other guests!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, you guys never fail me! :D

Welcome! I am not sailing the Dream until March, so for that particular ship, I am no help. But, I sailed on the Wonder last March and while there was a designated time each night for pin trading in the lobby, the only night the crowd really showed up was the night of trading with the Ship Officers. And that was not trading like you and I trade, but just lanyard trading. No tables. I didn't see anyone with books. But, I wish it was like that!

Have fun and don't forget to give the details when you get back!

Last edited:
On our previous cruises, the CMs were were wearing lanyards in the atrium as you boarded. During the cruise, CM's at guest services and the shops had them. And they had a book, when they rolled the cart out. But there really isn't trading among guests.

I'll echo what Spiffie & Hope have said. I've done 4 cruises, the format has pretty much been the same throughout. Each evening there is an allocated slot for Pin Trading near the Atrium, this basically is a rack of pins (some DCL exclusives) which you can buy, or there is I believe a pin book which you can trade from - nothing to get excited about!! On one evening there will be trading with the officers, each will have a lanyard & about 6 - 10 will appear, so work your way through & trade away, you may come across something.

The only other area to check is the on-board shops, again pin racks & the odd lanyard - other than that not a lot else!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back