• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Designer Dolls 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Designer Dolls 2015
I think Anna looks wonderful! I can't say I'm too impressed with Elsa though. She looks nice but that dress looks so simple next to Anna's. The only thing I can think of for why Elsa's would be purple is because she has that purple eyeshadow, but that color they're printed on could definitely be making a difference. For a designer Elsa I would really like to see a different side swept hairstyle other than the braid, too!

Usually I prefer movie-accurate but Anna is really nice there.
I'm very hmmm about Elsa like that though. I'm definitely Elsa-obsessed, but that outfit to me looks a bit like, well I had a nekkid doll the other day and no outfit handy, so I took FC Wedding Cindy's veil and wrapped it around her. Tada...it didn't look that great. But, this is just a sketch. It could look dramatically different on the doll.

13483_805483549500154_8477337540127841840_n.jpg

This is was posted on the Disneylifestylers.com FB. Doesn't this look like it would be in the designer line?!?!

I love this! I would definitely want these dolls. I haven't gotten any of the designers yet but these would surely be my first set!

I was just thinking for designer possibilities and since they did couture dresses for the princesses in 2011, why not do something fun like masquerade dresses for a future set? It could still be based off the their signature dresses, but be different enough to warrant new dolls. Or (I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, I can't remember if it has or not) try doing the historical accurate versions of the dresses, sorta like this person off of deviantart has done:

historical-disney-princesses-500x500.jpg

I think a masquerade is such a good idea! And I would live a Tiana with that kind of dress! I don't know, I'm really not sold on the heroes vs. villains rumor, I hope that's not it but I don't think it will be. I love looking around deviantart for different possibilities, though. I saw one set that was kind of inspired by Versace sketches that I just LOVED :)

The heroes vs villains doesn't really excite me that much. It would be great if they were just doing non-princess characters or dolls they haven't done before like Meg/Hercules, Elsa, Anna, Merida, Kida, Jane, Alice, etc. But I mean, I don't really want them doing the couple thing again. I find two dolls in one case gets really crowded and it just doesn't look as nice as the single 2011 dolls. I think a masquerade line would be fun because they can make really extravagant dresses and take a lot of liberties with the designs too. And a lot of the characters have been to balls/dances/parties, like Anna and Elsa, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Tiana, etc. They could make some really cool dresses and have them holding the masks that come on those long sticks. It would be a really fun line!

I think a masquerade would be amazing! And I agree, I hope they don't do couples again, or at least not for a couple years. Some of them are absolutely beautiful and I actually like that line better than the original designer princesses, but they're just so expensive with two dolls and a lot of the princes are lacking in detail for me so it's not worth it. But I really hope they include new characters in the next line! I definitely think they will include Anna and Elsa, if nothing else, but they should include Merida, and I'd really love to see a designer Meg and Alice and Esmeralda, though I kind of doubt that will happen :(

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the dresses on the DFDC line, some a lot more than the 2011 dolls. I absolutely love Jasmine and Cinderella, and the dress materials are so much better on the DFDC dolls. But exactly like you said, the princes weren't the most detailed, and if I'm completely honest here, I buy the dolls for the princesses and not for the princes. And yeah, that makes them double plus the money of the 2011 dolls. They made the villains a little more expensive and used nicer materials so I feel like that's a nice in between. They're still under $100 and somewhat more affordable so I can get more dolls that way haha. The first DFDC I got the whole set, but the second one I only got Cindy and Briar Rose, even though I wanted to get Mulan too. Just gets to be too much for $130 each.

I haven't been too interested in the designer dolls (except for maybe the Ariels, DFDC Belle, Aurora, and Cindy), but I'd love for Disney to release a Designer Villains part 2 set with a lower edition size. I would love to see Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia, Gaston, Captain Hook, Yzma, and Jafar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back