• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
I don't think Disney did one thing to even try to fix their website for today's fiasco. It was just luck of the draw whether you got routed on a server that wasn't overloaded with traffic.

Totally agree...they had weeks to prepare for the insanity of this release and I don't believe they did anything to fix their website at all. I have participated in a few popular pin releases and I thought they were bad...but it was nothing compared to this. I believe it was sheer luck that I was able to complete an order at all...my fiance was sitting right next to me and we both have the same exact laptop and were using the same methods, and somehow I got through and he did not. It was truly luck of the draw today.

Oh my gosh, my order keeps changing on the Order Status page. This is really weird.

Mine is still active but they added a second Rapunzel and Aurora? :shock: So confused.

Last edited:
Oh my!

Oh my. Out of curiosity I went on ebay and an Aurora with number 796 just went for $405 with 37 bids. The Aurora I was able to get was #736. I am so glad I was able to snag her at the mall yesterday. I am glad I had a dream what little I did sleep Sunday that I got her. Originally I was not going to get her just Pocahontas and Jasmine out of the last five. I thought it was strange that I had a dream where when the cast member asked me what doll I said Aurora. I guess it was meant to be. I told my husband about it and he said go ahead and get her. She is even more beautiful in person than any of her pictures. I am so happy. It was worth getting to the mall around 4:30am and ignoring mall security when they said we have to leave and not come back until 6:45am. We has a group of eight to start with new that what happened to so many (us leaving and a new group getting in front of us would happen). I am glad that is was civil too. I had fun time and it was very exciting waiting in line fore the dolls. i will post pics of them later.

My numbers are as follows:

Snow White #4227
Mulan #1557
Pocahontas #1447
Jasmine #2134
Aurora #0736

And best off all gift certificates where able to pay for Aurora. The hotel we stayed at gave a 50 gift card and then I had 10 gift card for Disney.

My heart goes out to the people that did not get them online today. I was afraid of the trouble online and drove four hours to the nearest Disney Store to get the dolls. Me and my husband made it a mini adventure. I love my supportive husband aka. Disney Ninja on these forums.

Last edited:
This whole thing is just weird. When I called, I was expecting a sorry the doll was oversold the other two are still processing spiel. Instead I was told the order was processing, and when I brought up the change in amount for cost the guy said one was listed as cancelled but asked me to hold. He came back and then told me the Jasmine was the dropped doll, but that I could still get all three designer dolls and that they were looking into it. They told me all the orders are being escalated. I have no idea what any of that means--part of me wants to think this is a good sign (I mean, if it was really unlikely I'd get the Jasmine I wouldn't think he'd have even mentioned it as a possibility, much less make it sound somewhat likely)... but I bet I end up with none of the ones I "purchased".
It's sad that smaller companies I've dealt with ordering limited edition items from handle them so much better. You'd think a big company like Disney would have their act together; they should have plenty of experience with everything at this point AND they were supposedly delaying the release to prevent the Snow White overselling nightmare.

Mine is still active but they added a second Rapunzel and Aurora? :shock: So confused.
I have a second Jasmine now! No idea... my guess is that the initial one was cancelled and they decided they could fill it so they put a new one in? Who knows though. Maybe you'll end up with doubles! My old Snow White order is hilariously claiming I have five Snow Whites.

Is your order total cost correct for the number of dolls you ordered? Because mine has been put back to the total for 3 dolls while it was at 2 before.

My total was 1 doll short, but now the amount has been corrected. I guess the doll has been replaced.

I got as far as entering my 3 digit code for my visa and my password on the checkout page and tried to hit confirm & it froze. So close, yet so far.

I had my brother helping me out on another computer, he had better luck than I did :). I was unable to place an order, same story as everyone else, my screen was frozen on the check-out page. When he was finally able to get two dolls in his cart it I told him not to even try for the other, I just kept saying, just check out, just check out. He said, let's try for one more but I was terrified the whole thing would freeze again.

I have yet to check the status of my order, guess I should go do that :anxious:

*Update* So 2 hours after I initially talked to Disneystore, they called me back to tell me it was a mistake and that I would be receiving all 4 dolls. They may be shipped separately but that I would be getting my full order. Good luck to all of those who's orders are still be changed/updated!!

Well, the order is still active. I gave them all call, and they say it's there. Got them to change my address too, since they always screw it up. I haven't gotten a second email yet though... don't we normally get a second email?

From Disney's Facebook:

We know that every time you visit DisneyStore.com and shop for your children, family and friends, or for yourself you expect to find quality products matched by a quality online experience. On Tuesday, October 18 our site experienced technical difficulties as thousands of guests simultaneously attempted to purchase our limited edition doll collection. Due to the unprecedented traffic to our site, many guests visiting us online were disappointed by the shopping experience.

The Designer Doll Collection has been the fastest selling limited edition doll collection in Disney Store’s history. We have learned many lessons with the release of this collection, and are implementing new systems to manage limited edition product sales more effectively in the future. We understand that we are viewed by our guests as more than a retail destination; we are representatives of Disney where exceptional guest service is always expected.

To apologize and thank you for your continued loyalty we would like to give you a special 1-day gift. The discount code, THANKYOU25, allows you to shop online merchandise at 25% off* on Thursday, October 20. We value our guests and we will continue to strive to deliver a magical shopping experience at DisneyStore.com every day.

Thank you,
Disney Store

The full announcement in the Disney Blog doesn't list pins as an excluded item in the offer.
By the way the language "Offer is valid 10/20/2011 on any single purchase at DisneyStore.com. Cannot be combined with other offers." in the fine print actually means that the 25% off is for your entire order no matter how many items it has, rather than on a single item. Also discounts like 2 for $18 holiday ornaments can still be used. And you can still use the SHIPTODAY offer to get free shipping on orders over $75. The $75 is calculated after all other discounts are applied to your order. I recently found this out in another "coupon" offer for 10% off that had identical language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back