• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Sephora Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Sephora Collection
I wanted to collect them because I love makeup, especially palettes. But compared to what quality I can get for the same price with other brands, I left that idea.

i have two ariel compacts, one for use and one to sit in the box. i was thinking of selling it cause it literally is just sitting in my curio but the packaging is so pretty.

the quality of these products is not that great, that's why i didn't get the other products, other than the ariel perfume (the bottle and the roller). i like using them but i feel that it fades quickly.

i really would have loved the cinderella mirror too but i don't think it's worth it for the price that it is going for.

I like the ELF collections but it sort of baffles me- if Disney is allowing ELF to do princess lines, why don't they let Sephora continue on with theirs? Also in terms of the eyeshadow quality I find the Sephora Disney Reigning Beauties line to actually be quite nice. I like them a lot more than some of my Benefit eyeshadows and they're nicely pigmented. Are they as nice as, say, my Dior eyeshadows? No, but they don't cost the same. I will say they come close to my Urban Decay shadows, which are my favourite for quality and price ratio. Maybe it's because I'm super pale, I dunno, but I always found the Disney Sephora eyeshadows to be fairly pigmented.

I missed out on Cinderella and Jasmine but managed to get two mirrors (eventually sold one) and the eyeshadow palette from the Ariel collection last year. I bought the mirrors when they restocked in October/November and the palette was a birthday gift from my parents. Ariel is my favorite Disney princess so I definitely had to have something from it. It's been awhile since I've used the palette but the colors look good with my (natural) red hair and green eyes. The mirror is still completely intact and looks new, and it's been bumped around in my purse for almost a year.

I find ELF very hit and miss so while I'd like to try some of the limited edition stuff I often doubt it's worth my money in the long run.

They're not really nice quality.

I bought the Ariel one from sephora.com and the silver was peeling off the bottom, my local sephora had one and the silver is peeling off the push button. I exchanged mine for the one with the peeling push button. The employees were horrified and gave me half my money back.

It's pretty and it's ok to sit on my vanity but I'd be afraid to use it regularly or carry it in my purse.

Honestly I like the ELF stuff better, the quality, art, and especially the price.

I'm sorry that you had that trouble with your Ariel compact. I've only used my Cinderella one, so I suppose I misspoke by saying that they're all really nice quality. The other two compacts are in boxes. But I will say that my Cinderella mirror, nail polish, lipstick, and small eyeshadow compact, have held on very nicely.

Edit: That being said, I agree with you in saying that you'd be afraid to use these items regularly. I don't.(With the one exception being the lipstick, just because it matches my skin tone very well.) I generally save them for special occasions, because A) I don't want them to run out any time soon, and B) I didn't think that these were meant for daily use. Particularly the compact, which does seem fragile due to the amount of detail in it with the clock hours going around the sides. However, its that detailing along with the quality of the mirror pieces itself that puts the compact at a good quality in my book. I personally haven't had any issues with the silver peeling.

There is a Jasmine make up collection coming to Walgreen's in December

Thank you for the update!

Last edited:
Although it's not Sephora, MAC has released a Cinderella line!

mac-cinderella-makeup-210x210.png

see the whole collection here

(But yikes. Those prices.)
(And no fancy compact. ))): )

Update!

Although sephora isn't releasing any new Princess lines in the near future, it is coming out with a Minnie Mouse line this April!

To quote the buzzfeed article from which I found it,

[h=2]"The collection will include red lipstick ($15), a set of two liquid eyeliners ($20), a luminizer blush ($22), a set of six brushes ($58), a lip stain set ($26), a compact mirror ($26), and an eye shadow palette with 20 colors ($45)."[/h]
Link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinst...ction?bffbmain&utm_term=.tclvz97vv#.giR92p699

Unfortunately all the photos are from instagram and I don't have the time to save and upload them right now from my computer (silly physics exam coming up) but once I get some good pictures I'll be sure to post them! (Until then there all in the links. :) Here's another just in case: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/sephora-minnie-mouse-makeup-collaboration )

Update!

Although sephora isn't releasing any new Princess lines in the near future, it is coming out with a Minnie Mouse line this April!

To quote the buzzfeed article from which I found it,

"The collection will include red lipstick ($15), a set of two liquid eyeliners ($20), a luminizer blush ($22), a set of six brushes ($58), a lip stain set ($26), a compact mirror ($26), and an eye shadow palette with 20 colors ($45)."

Link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinst...ction?bffbmain&utm_term=.tclvz97vv#.giR92p699

Unfortunately all the photos are from instagram and I don't have the time to save and upload them right now from my computer (silly physics exam coming up) but once I get some good pictures I'll be sure to post them! (Until then there all in the links. :) Here's another just in case: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/sephora-minnie-mouse-makeup-collaboration )

Oh my lord that collection is adorable! I love that compact mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back