• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Singing Dolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see these in real life before deciding on them. Has anyone ordered them or are we all broke from LE's? Lol
I'm broke from the LE's and I passed on Aladdin and Jafar so I could get the FF dolls on 11/3. I know I want these.... really bad. I'm hoping they don't sell out.

There are so many dolls, and doll sets, out right now that I'm itching to get. I have no idea how to prioritize these dolls. Last year I missed out on some sets I really wanted. Some stuff I bought that I wanted most I prioritized, but then they were around forever and the other things I still wanted sold out really quickly. I think these singing dolls will be very popular, so I can't figure if they'll sell out, and if they do, if Disney will bring them back. Urg. I'd love to feel like I could wait until Cyber Monday (which was better thank Black Friday for Disney online last year), but have a feeling I'm not going to be able to wait any longer when I get paid next week. I wish Disney would put up some kind of indication on the probability of items selling out like a lot of other websites do... for example "only 20 left...more coming." Disney would never be so kind. They know we trip over ourselves to get this stuff for fear of it running out and end up spending way more that way. Ah well... maybe I have some stuff I can sell... like my extra kidney.

I have no idea how I became so obsessed over this stuff and when I crossed the line on going so far over budget. I blame the LE's this year. There was no way to predict so many. Also, Disney used to make crap dolls that looked generic compared to other doll makers, and now, they had to make them all look so darn good. I actually feel kind of bad for the other doll makers that used to get my money.

I saw her earlier today under new arrivals, and had that instant "oh, oh... I want it..." Then remembered there's no cash to spare as it's marked for the LE dolls, and then said a little prayer that she'll still be available in a couple weeks when I'll be able to afford her. I saw some other 17" singing dolls on Ebay a while back and wondered if they were new or old. It looks like a series, so I'm hoping we see a lot more before Christmas and they don't rapidly sell out.
She should still be available in a few weeks. The singing dolls don't tend to sell out quickly and are restocked often. I wouldn't worry about getting her.

I love the new Rapunzel doll, I really want her.

I want to see these in real life before deciding on them. Has anyone ordered them or are we all broke from LE's? Lol

I'm too broke because I need to save up for the FF dolls. I'll probably get Rapunzel in December or Nov.

Does anyone else find it odd that they have Ariel and Elsa in the pipeline for release, but didn't add them to the website the same time as Rapunzel or is that pretty normal for the online store? I was able to get "sold out" pages for all of them on the day Rapunzel debuted and then all of a sudden the Ariel and Elsa links were gone and Rapunzel's went live. I kept refreshing to try and get Elsa, but nothing... Are we just supposed to keep checking back daily to see when they pop up?

Does anyone else find it odd that they have Ariel and Elsa in the pipeline for release, but didn't add them to the website the same time as Rapunzel or is that pretty normal for the online store? I was able to get "sold out" pages for all of them on the day Rapunzel debuted and then all of a sudden the Ariel and Elsa links were gone and Rapunzel's went live. I kept refreshing to try and get Elsa, but nothing... Are we just supposed to keep checking back daily to see when they pop up?

All three are available on the site now. :)

tumblr_nwby68SBDw1uo9m3go1_540.jpg
Here is my completed OOAK 17" Rapunzel doll!
tumblr_nwby68SBDw1uo9m3go2_400.jpg
tumblr_nwby68SBDw1uo9m3go5_400.jpg

I added rooted eyelashes, sewed on the corset part, lace trim at bottom, added gems, pascal, and hairbrush, plus made the background for her box and added an extra flower hair accessory up top. I also put her head on a extra limited edition articulated body that I had around. Hope you all enjoy her as much as I do! If you want to here her singing the healing song you can check it out on my instagram account: elsa_snow_queen_1313. Also there are wires in her hair if anyone was curious.

tumblr_nwby68SBDw1uo9m3go1_540.jpg
Here is my completed OOAK 17" Rapunzel doll!
tumblr_nwby68SBDw1uo9m3go2_400.jpg
tumblr_nwby68SBDw1uo9m3go5_400.jpg

I added rooted eyelashes, sewed on the corset part, lace trim at bottom, added gems, pascal, and hairbrush, plus made the background for her box and added an extra flower hair accessory up top. I also put her head on a extra limited edition articulated body that I had around. Hope you all enjoy her as much as I do! If you want to here her singing the healing song you can check it out on my instagram account: elsa_snow_queen_1313. Also there are wires in her hair if anyone was curious.

Haha I thought I was going crazy for a minute there because I'd seen these photos on my Instagram today and loved them so I am already following you. You've done an amazing job, well done!

She should still be available in a few weeks. The singing dolls don't tend to sell out quickly and are restocked often. I wouldn't worry about getting her.

I love the new Rapunzel doll, I really want her.

Thanks. I hope that's the case. Rapunzel isn't a favorite character of mine, I do like her quite a bit, she's just not highest on the list, but her dolls are always so beautiful. I really like this version.

I hope these show up in store soon. I thought about buying Elsa online, but then I remembered the damage that past orders have sustained and I thought better of having her shipped.

Wow that's a really pretty OOAK! So it's the clothes and head of the new singing doll with a 17inLE body, right?

Thank you! Yes. However I did sew on some extra details to the clothes. I sewed on the lace trim at the bottom of the dress. I also added the strings for the corset like effect. As well as adding gems and rooted eyelashes.

2166d3d25e83292dd31f58b47af858b5.jpg

3dd2ecde9b4d3008cb84bfd0e89705b8.jpg

ae0f7c0d16e273458c46d6c7c558e75b.jpg

My singing Rapunzel arrived today she is amazing!
Thought I would share some quick pictures of her.
I have to say I can't stop looking at her even more so than some limited edition dolls I have bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This new line is soooo amazing. Hopefully they'll have the rest of the princesses! I'd love to see Snow White, Cinderella, Mulan, Tiana, Anna… (i.e. my other faves lol) They're REALLY nice looking. Does anybody have a 17" LE they could compare one of them to? (Just noticed, Rapunzel even has lace on her sleeves and embroidered ribbon! Aieeeee!)

I noticed the Rapunzel doll has a an option to play the sound, but I can't get the clip to load. Can anyone else let me know how it sounds?
Yeah, I can't get the Rapunzel audio to work on my end either. Elsa's listing works. Thanks DarthHans for the song info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back