• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

disney snow globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
disney snow globe

tht303

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my all time favorite hobby is collecting disney snow globes! I will have to post pictures on some of them, and once we move and have everything unboxed I can show my collection. I have over 30+ snow globe. I was wondering if anyone else also collects snow globes? I'm really sad that they didn't do a Wreck it Ralph snow globe or an OZ snow globe. Why is Disney slacking on making such detailed snow globes? Also, on ebay they have the Ariel 20th anniversary snow globe for $400 bucks! I've been wanting this snow globe and it's extremely rare, but for that price I have to pass right now. I'm still missing 3 dolls in my 17 limited edition dolls which i'm trying to complete. Do you think Disney will re-release this snow globe for the 60th anniversary? They have been known to re-release some snow globes before. Images below:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/20th-anniversary-the-little-mermaid-snowglobe

I am like addicted to buying the RARE and sought after snow globes and the new releases. So far my holy grail of snow globes looks like this:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/disney-villains-snowglobe-with-limited-edition-pin

In short they need to make more snow globes... Like i hope one comes out for Mulan and Hunch Back for the Blu Ray Release.

I only have three snowglobes now, but I really want more! I have a Hercules one, a Lion King one, and the new Brave one.
I prefer musical snowglobes myself, but if they are really detailed and not musical I like those too. I really want the Tarzan one that plays "Strangers Like Me" and the Mulan one with her under the cherry blossom tree with her father.

I would love to see photos of your snowglobe collection someday! :D

The brave one is really nice. I have that one as well, I love the LED blue light! OOoo do you have the Hercules with the multi-headed dragon? I still need a lion king snow globe but I'm waiting for a specific one of pride rock that is a rare find.

I'm going to post some pictures of the one's I do have out on that showroom thread. That way at least I can share some of my collection :p

I only have three snowglobes now, but I really want more! I have a Hercules one, a Lion King one, and the new Brave one.
I prefer musical snowglobes myself, but if they are really detailed and not musical I like those too. I really want the Tarzan one that plays "Strangers Like Me" and the Mulan one with her under the cherry blossom tree with her father.

I would love to see photos of your snowglobe collection someday! :D

Wait, there's a Brave snow globe??? OMG, how did I miss this?? Wow!

We just started with the Disney snow globes. We got one last October when we signed up for the Disney Vacation Club and loved it so much that we wanted to get more. Unfortunately, we just moved and when I was unpacking boxes, I found that it had gotten broken (thanks to the stupid movers who didn't think to wrap and protect the glass on the globe, ugh!!). So now I have to replace the one we had. Then, we had spotted a Beauty and the Beast globe on ebay last week, the one with the library in the background, and were planning on trying to snag it after the next payday but when I looked it up again yesterday I had been sold. :/ So apparently we're not meant to have a Disney snow globe collection right now I guess :facepalm: But we're going to keep trying!
Now I have to find that Brave globe! :)

Oh my i'm sorry to hear about your snow globe Hidden Mickeys. I would be so sad if movers did that to my snow globe. I'm packing my own stuff when I move because I don't trust movers packing it.

If you live near a disneystore I know some might still have the brave snow globe in stock.

The key with collecting snow globe is patience... it will always come back on ebay you just have to keep hunting. I've learned to wait for really good deals and not go for the very first one I see.

I saw the beauty and the beast snow globe with her reading a book and a castle in the background, which I really want but i'm still waiting for a better deal. :) Patience

My Disney Snowglobes - Brave and Tinkerbell

I don't have very many snowglobes, but here are my two favorites. Both bought last year, from the Disney Store.
The Disney Store's Brave Princess Merida Snowglobe was released on May 31, 2012 online. It is now sold out online, but may still be available in some Disney Stores. It is a 5'' diameter snowglobe containing the medieval Scottish Princess Merida at the ready with her bow and arrow. It lights up via 2 blue LEDs, and also has a blower that will keep the ''snow'' moving automatically. The ''snow'' consists of blue glitter and larger multi-colored reflective leaves. You have to shake the snowglobe every few minutes to get the larger pieces moving again. It comes with 3 AAA batteries. Its cost is $49.50 US. In the photos below, I have switched on the lights and blower, and photographed it both in daylight and in the dark.

Disney Store 25th Anniversary Classic Tinker Bell Snowglobe was released in February 2012. Sold out. It is a 5'' diameter snowglobe with Tinker Bell sitting down, angry and pouting, with her hands on her hips. It is inside of Peter Pan's cap, turned upside down, and rests on a wooden base. Cost was $49.50 US. In the photo below, I have it next to some other Disney Store 25th Anniversary merchandise featuring Tinker Bell.

Brave Princess Merida Snowglobe - Blowing In The Daylight - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Brave Princess Merida Snowglobe - Blowing In The Dark - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store 25th Anniversary Merchandise - Tinker Bell Alphabet Mug, Pen and Snowglobe by drj1828, on Flickr

I have the I wont say I'm in love snow globe. The other herc ones are really rare. I would give my left arm for the hydra snowglobe.

As a doll collector, I really don't have room for snowglobes, but I do have one - Esmeralda! Sadly, she has fallen over inside. :( One day I hope to replace it. My sister, on the other hand, has many snowglobes, so when I want to admire them, I just go over to her place. ;)

DRJ1828 your pictures are always amazing! All your pictures on flikr and here are just so beautiful to look at.

That hydra Hercules snow globe is really cool! I saw it on ebay once and it was like 300 bucks! It's just so rare and the smoke coming out is also a cool feature. I need to save up for the little meraid 20th anniversary snow globe though just in case I ever come across it again.

I collect snowglobes too and I was also bummed there was no Wreck-It Ralph or 15th Anniversary Mulan one! :(

I try to collect snowglobes of my favorite Disney movies or scenes and love the musical ones because they just add that much more 'magic'! :) I had never seen a Emperor's New Groove snowglobe, so when I saw the mini one (next to the Three Caballeros one) I HAD to get it- apparently it was from Portugal??

My holy grail snowglobes are the Mulan 10th anniversary one and Mulan European one with her mother and grandmother. There's also a Stitch with ducklings I would love and a pedestal snowglobe of Ariel (in her pink dress!) dancing with Eric!

Good luck on getting your Little Mermaid one and the Villains one! Every time I check DisneyStore online for more snowglobes, I see less and less. I'm afraid they might be moving away from making them?? :shock:

mulan.jpg

beautybeast.jpg

princesses.jpg

peterariel.jpg

classic.jpg

villains.jpg

adventurers.jpg

ratatouilleandmini.jpg

stitch.jpg

threemperor.jpg

Finding Nemo Snowglobe

Just released online is the Finding Nemo Snowglobe.

Here is the product information, followed by a large image, from the US Disney Store website:

Finding Nemo Snowglobe
$79.50
Item No. 6447048302717P

Coral music

The stars of the beloved Finding Nemo are back together on this dramatic snowglobe. Marlin is reunited with Nemo in the globe, while all around, favorite characters and scenes are captured as music brings it all to life.

Magic in the details...

•Wind up to hear Over the Waves
•Shake globe to see iridescent flakes swirl around Marlin and Nemo
•Highly detailed sculpture includes Marlin, Nemo, Dory, Bruce, Squirt, Crush, Tad, Pearl, Sheldon, Bubbles, Gil, Peach and Mr. Ray

The bare necessities

•Hand-painted, sculptured resin and glass
•9 1/2'' H x 9'' W x 7'' D
•Imported

Finding Nemo Snowglobe - US Disney Store Product Image #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

OMG, what a collection!!!! That Hercules globe is sooooooooo droolworthy! Wow, what a collection!! Wow wow wow!!

I collect snowglobes too and I was also bummed there was no Wreck-It Ralph or 15th Anniversary Mulan one! :(

I try to collect snowglobes of my favorite Disney movies or scenes and love the musical ones because they just add that much more 'magic'! :) I had never seen a Emperor's New Groove snowglobe, so when I saw the mini one (next to the Three Caballeros one) I HAD to get it- apparently it was from Portugal??

My holy grail snowglobes are the Mulan 10th anniversary one and Mulan European one with her mother and grandmother. There's also a Stitch with ducklings I would love and a pedestal snowglobe of Ariel (in her pink dress!) dancing with Eric!

Good luck on getting your Little Mermaid one and the Villains one! Every time I check DisneyStore online for more snowglobes, I see less and less. I'm afraid they might be moving away from making them?? :shock:

Ooh, I have an update on my stagnant globe collection! I haven't been able to replace the first globe we got, from DVC, that got broken when we moved, but I was able to get a BATB globe that came with a pin!! :) So happy! So for right now, this is our only Disney globe. I doubt it'll stay that way for long though :)

photo-23_zps9c5b9c31.jpg

Wow your collection is amazing. Ofcourse I'm drooling over the hercules one. I hope you get your grails :) they seem to do a fair amount I. Disneystore uk.

Drooling over your collection jane0o7. The rescuers snow globe is super super rare! Thanks for the heads up DRJ1828 for the finding nemo snow globe! I have the other 2 that came out Mr. Ray with the class and the nemo shark one... This one would be a perfect addition to add. I'm debating though usually I wait until they do a 30% sell on snow globes or 25% off to buy snow globes. This one just is calling my name though!

Thanks for the comments all! :) The BaTB library one with pin is really nice, glad you were able to snag it HiddenMickeys!

I totally forgot about DisneyUK having snowglobes too, so jealous sometimes of their selection!

Of course the moment I start to worry about lack of new snowglobes, the store releases a new one! Thanks for posting it here DRJ1828! I'm kinda bummed though, since this is the third Nemo snowglobe released/re-released quite recently. I expected Nemo and Peter Pan snowglobes for their releases... but where's my Wreck it Ralph or snowglobes for all those recent DVD releases? Bah! :poke:I'm pretty tempted for this snowglobe too, tht303, we think alike with the sales, ha! :) I think all the details including the characters in the plastic baggies is totally making me want to buy it nooooooow!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments all! :) The BaTB library one with pin is really nice, glad you were able to snag it HiddenMickeys!

I totally forgot about DisneyUK having snowglobes too, so jealous sometimes of their selection!

Of course the moment I start to worry about lack of new snowglobes, the store releases a new one! Thanks for posting it here DRJ1828! I'm kinda bummed though, since this is the third Nemo snowglobe released/re-released quite recently. I expected Nemo and Peter Pan snowglobes for their releases... but where's my Wreck it Ralph or snowglobes for all those recent DVD releases? Bah! :poke:I'm pretty tempted for this snowglobe too, tht303, we think alike with the sales, ha! :) I think all the details including the characters in the plastic baggies is totally making me want to buy it nooooooow!
omg :shock: I don't remember ever seeing that Hunchback snowglobe! Super jealous! ahhhh

If anyone ever comes across this Oliver & Co snow globe, let me know!!

I was curious and looked at that 'auction' site - looks like two of those sold back in January for ~$107 each time. Will keep my eyes peeled!

I fell in love with that Hunchback snowglobe but it was a European exclusive, so I didn't think I would be able to snag it. I totally lucked out when I bought a different snowglobe and asked if the person had any more they were planning on selling. Bam! Pure luck! I swear, Europe gets the coolest stuffs!

I want to buy this snowglobe but what tune is it playing? That must be on the bottem on a little sticker anyone knows?

I have on this moment 11 snowglobes most of them from paris. I will post photo's of them later.

Just released online is the Finding Nemo Snowglobe.

Here is the product information, followed by a large image, from the US Disney Store website:

Finding Nemo Snowglobe
$79.50
Item No. 6447048302717P

Coral music

The stars of the beloved Finding Nemo are back together on this dramatic snowglobe. Marlin is reunited with Nemo in the globe, while all around, favorite characters and scenes are captured as music brings it all to life.

Magic in the details...

•Wind up to hear Over the Waves
•Shake globe to see iridescent flakes swirl around Marlin and Nemo
•Highly detailed sculpture includes Marlin, Nemo, Dory, Bruce, Squirt, Crush, Tad, Pearl, Sheldon, Bubbles, Gil, Peach and Mr. Ray

The bare necessities

•Hand-painted, sculptured resin and glass
•9 1/2'' H x 9'' W x 7'' D
•Imported

Finding Nemo Snowglobe - US Disney Store Product Image #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

I want to buy this snowglobe but what tune is it playing? That must be on the bottem on a little sticker anyone knows?

I have on this moment 11 snowglobes most of them from paris. I will post photo's of them later.

[h=3]Magic in the details...[/h]
  • Wind up to hear Over the Waves
  • Shake globe to see iridescent flakes swirl around Marlin and Nemo
  • Highly detailed sculpture includes Marlin, Nemo, Dory, Bruce, Squirt, Crush, Tad, Pearl, Sheldon, Bubbles, Gil, Peach and Mr. Ray

It plays Over the Waves

Magic in the details...

• Wind up to hear Over the Waves
  • Shake globe to see iridescent flakes swirl around Marlin and Nemo
  • Highly detailed sculpture includes Marlin, Nemo, Dory, Bruce, Squirt, Crush, Tad, Pearl, Sheldon, Bubbles, Gil, Peach and Mr. Ray

It plays Over the Waves

thanks just read over it. :facepalm:

I haven't bought any globes, and I'm absolutely kicking myself I didn't buy the Little Mermaid Grotto when I had the chance. Looking at ebay prices, they're all quite pricey. Maybe one day I'll be able to start.
Lovely collection jane!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back