• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
I think something similar to how they fancied up Pocahontas' dress for the Designer Princess collection.

Does anyone know if Moana wears anything else other than that skirt and top in the movie? I am thinking Disney could probably make a 17" LE doll out of her wearing an outfit for just a brief period of time in the movie kinda like Coronation Anna in Frozen. Maybe I am mixing things up but that dress she was wearing became the most sought out dolls of all the LE Anna dolls that were made.

Does anyone know if Moana wears anything else other than that skirt and top in the movie? I am thinking Disney could probably make a 17" LE doll out of her wearing an outfit for just a brief period of time in the movie kinda like Coronation Anna in Frozen. Maybe I am mixing things up but that dress she was wearing became the most sought out dolls of all the LE Anna dolls that were made.

Isn't the Anna also the lowest LE size too?

Yup! And it was released before the movie exploded in popularity, so lots of people who are Frozen fans now missed out on her (unlike the next dozen Annas). Also, the fact it's by far the fanciest dress she ever wears doesn't hurt.

Yeah. I guess I didn't think about the edition size but yeah the fancier the dress the more popular certain LE dolls are. I guess Anna was not the best example but looks like this new Belle will outshine the other Belle.

I preordered the new Belle limited edition doll with my debit card, but my bank sent me a new chip card with a new expiration date, making the card I used to pay for the preorder not good anymore. I called Disney Store Online earlier today to let them know of the situation and only the expiration date changed but everything else remained the same. The cast member on the phone spoke with an accent that was difficult to make out, but I was sure I gave the correct information. Later, I checked on the tracking order on the website to see if my order is still there and got a generic error. I hope this doesn't mean my order got cancelled by mistake! I will seriously cry if that were the case!:sad:

I get a generic error too when I try to track the order I placed for a friend of mine, so I think it's just the site messing up.

Hum..looks like Disney still have problems with their website. Did you make sure through customer service that your order was secured?

I was thinking of that, too. Maybe she has a coronation, princess or whatever dress like Merida. Or Anna. I really hope so, because her outfit just seems plain to me.

Does anybody know approximately how much floor display dolls value? I know they're technically not meant to be sold anyway and they don't have COAs but they're still the same dolls that we know and love however, it's those caveats that make them wild cards. I'm specifically curious about Coronation Elsa and wedding Rapunzel. I saw an eBay listing for a wedding Rapunzel display doll that didn't mention that fact and was priced at 250 USD which seemed pretty steep to me. ^^; I don't know about Coronation Elsa though. I know someone who has a Coronation Elsa display doll but she has no idea what she's worth. Any ideas on this?

I agree. You would think Gaston's hyper-muscular body mold could then be used for other characters too. Maybe not Wreck-It-Ralph, but Hercules? DC comics people? etc.

If Disney had created a hyper-muscular body mold for 17†Gaston, they could have also used it to create a 17†King Triton. How awesome would that be?
It’s great that the Disney Store is producing more dolls of villains and side characters, but I wish they would take more creative risks. If done properly, a 17†King Triton doll would sell quite well.

Hello! I was able to get belle as preorder and then also got gaston after few days because i heard it was the last one in the store! Im just starting my collection and im pretty excited about it! Belle is one of my favorite characterbut my all time favorite since i was a kid was the little mermaid!the disney store just opened here in where I live thats where i found out about LE dolls.i wish to have my very own ariel in the future. Im keeping my fingers crossed over an LE Live action little mermaid when it comes out but that will be years from now. I didnt but beast because i didnt like how platicky it looks and will just wait for his human form in the future.

Does anybody know approximately how much floor display dolls value? I know they're technically not meant to be sold anyway and they don't have COAs but they're still the same dolls that we know and love however, it's those caveats that make them wild cards. I'm specifically curious about Coronation Elsa and wedding Rapunzel. I saw an eBay listing for a wedding Rapunzel display doll that didn't mention that fact and was priced at 250 USD which seemed pretty steep to me. ^^; I don't know about Coronation Elsa though. I know someone who has a Coronation Elsa display doll but she has no idea what she's worth. Any ideas on this?

Probably 20-30% off the value of the doll.

Probably 20-30% off the value of the doll.

Is that what you've seen? Your opinion? Not picking on you, just interested in clarification. I could imagine that, if a display (with no COA, I'm assuming) version were worth more, then COAs could disappear by less-than-honest sellers.

She meant it's worth that much less than an official doll, and I've seen them go way cheaper than 30% off. Like anything it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I'd want a deep discount for a display doll, but that's my personal opinion.

bb.jpg

Belle & Beast Limited Edition Doll Set
Release: 27th September
£500
[h=4]Worldwide edition of 500[/h]no better picture yet, such a shame you can't really see much D:

They look just like the first wave of the designer set. I hope we get better pictures soon otherwise I don't think I'll be able to justify the high price tag to my bank account! Lol!

They look just like the first wave of the designer set. I hope we get better pictures soon otherwise I don't think I'll be able to justify the high price tag to my bank account! Lol!

Eh... Not surprised there. The Aladdin that came with the Platinum set was an exact enlargement of the designer set, with the exception of the hair.

Belle's dress looks puffy, so that's good. But that giant ribbon going through, man that's ugly. And from what I can see from this picture so far, it looks as if the skirt doesn't have any embroidery... Hopefully I'm wrong.

Eh... Not surprised there. The Aladdin that came with the Platinum set was an exact enlargement of the designer set, with the exception of the hair.

Belle's dress looks puffy, so that's good. But that giant ribbon going through, man that's ugly. And from what I can see from this picture so far, it looks as if the skirt doesn't have any embroidery... Hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree with you! It also looks like they took the same 17" inch Belle and Beast that are being released on September 20th changed their outfits and put them together to make a platinum set. I really hope they release better pictures to make me change my mind but so far I am not impressed!

I am sure there are a bunch of details we can't see yet and I'm sure they look amazing in box, but I agree they do look similar to the designer set -- at least from what we can tell from this photo. Also, was really hoping the Beast was in human form for the platinum set. However, I don't have the original "17 inch Belle so I think I am still going to go for this set because I would like Belle in her iconic dress.

Yeah I think there are more details than we realize. We just can't see them yet. Looking at that small tiny picture, I personally think they are going to look stunning in person, and this is coming from someone who thinks all the previous platinum dolls (with the exception of wedding Cinderella to an extent) were not worth the ludicrous price tag. They do look very similar to the designer couple set based on this one image, but I think Belle looks more like a fusion of the designer doll with the original 17" doll.

Last edited:
I am sure there are a bunch of details we can't see yet and I'm sure they look amazing in box, but I agree they do look similar to the designer set -- at least from what we can tell from this photo. Also, was really hoping the Beast was in human form for the platinum set. However, I don't have the original "17 inch Belle so I think I am still going to go for this set because I would like Belle in her iconic dress.

Totally agree with you! I wanted Belle and her Prince. Maybe there will be a surprise Designer fifth set featuring Belle and Prince Adam. One can dream right?

I know I am switching topics completely but has anyone else noticed the ATTLG LE dolls are on sale on the UK Disney store but still full price on the U.S Disney store? They seem to be doing the same thing with certain pin sets. I haven't looked at the UK Disney store long enough to find out if the US Disney Store runs the same sales. Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back