• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017
I haven't seen any of these dolls live, just pictures so I can't compete with your knowledge :) But I agree with what you said about her derpiness.

Have you received your Purple Elsa in the mail yet? :) I bought mine a little while back but it's still flying internationally to me. I just thought it would be cute if they could be twin sisters over the Internet or something haha.

Have you received your Purple Elsa in the mail yet? :) I bought mine a little while back but it's still flying internationally to me. I just thought it would be cute if they could be twin sisters over the Internet or something haha.

I would have flooded the thread with photos if she would be here already. :)
Unfortunately, there are some issues so she hasn't started her journey yet but she will hopefully do so in January.

That would be lovely! I give my dolls names since I have about five Elsas in the house. (Classic, mini and animator dolls just to name a few) Purple Elsa will be called Elinor Elsa :)

I hope yours arrives soon! *hopes for pictures since there are never enough :)* Im especially curious about how her updo is done and if the braid is actually a loop rooted on both ends. I hope it is understandable what I mean. I could never really figure out from photos how exactly her hairstyle was made.

I would have flooded the thread with photos if she would be here already. :)
Unfortunately, there are some issues so she hasn't started her journey yet but she will hopefully do so in January.

That would be lovely! I give my dolls names since I have about five Elsas in the house. (Classic, mini and animator dolls just to name a few) Purple Elsa will be called Elinor Elsa :)

I hope yours arrives soon! *hopes for pictures since there are never enough :)* Im especially curious about how her updo is done and if the braid is actually a loop rooted on both ends. I hope it is understandable what I mean. I could never really figure out from photos how exactly her hairstyle was made.

Elinor Elsa sounds nice. Kind of reminds me of Merida's mother, the Queen haha. What are the names of the other Elsas you own? :)

There is actually a collector in my area who did a complete de-boxing of Coronation Elsa, undoing her hair and all that. Disney cut a big chunk in the middle short and used the longer hair on the fringes to create that bun. Lesson learned, never undo the up-dos on Disney limited edition dolls. They take some serious hair chopping liberties to style them that way.

Trying to read it vith google translate - it is hard but I think I can manage somehow :) I saw the Frozen Fever doll pictures and I could not resist :)

Haha uh oh, I don't think Google Translate will do a good job of conveying the stuff I wrote! If you have any questions or would like to see more pics, let me know and I'll upload on my blog + share here :) Right now, the favorite LE doll in my collection is a coin toss between Snow Gear Anna and Ursula.

Elinor Elsa sounds nice. Kind of reminds me of Merida's mother, the Queen haha. What are the names of the other Elsas you own? :)

There is actually a collector in my area who did a complete de-boxing of Coronation Elsa, undoing her hair and all that. Disney cut a big chunk in the middle short and used the longer hair on the fringes to create that bun. Lesson learned, never undo the up-dos on Disney limited edition dolls. They take some serious hair chopping liberties to style them that way.

Thank you. :) Actually, she is named after the older of the Dashwood sisters from Jane Austens novel Sense and sensibility The younger sister is called Marianne so if I get an Anna to go with my Elsa, her name will be Marianne. :)

Really? I never thought about that... and Coronation Elsas bun is quite a bit bigger that purple Elsas. Ithink the chopped even more hair with that doll. There is a picture of a poor abandoned Coronation Elsa:
15589964_1373267442718513_6815306387529525409_n.jpg
[/img]
A very talented artist, verirrtes Irrlicht, found her and turned her into this gorgeous earlier version of Elsa, she mentioned that the dolls hair was partly chopped but I thought that was done by Elsas unsatisfied previous owner who abandoned her. Now I think that it was like that from the start.

Haha uh oh, I don't think Google Translate will do a good job of conveying the stuff I wrote! If you have any questions or would like to see more pics, let me know and I'll upload on my blog + share here :) Right now, the favorite LE doll in my collection is a coin toss between Snow Gear Anna and Ursula.
It translated shipping as if it had to do something with real ships so... yes it needs some improvement.
I like to read the thoughts of others on the dolls :) What are your favouriete details on the dolls and what would you change if any change were possible? :)
I bet Ursula won't give back that virtual coin once she gets it :D
They are all so beautiful!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, does anyone know when the OFA dolls would be available for purchasing online (PST )? IIRC, the Rapunzel set is available online on 12:00PM PST. Thanks ahead.

I am never, ever taking purple Elsa's hair down.:p There is no way I could get it back up again!

That early concept art Elsa custom is really good! I sort of feel bad for the doll that whoever owned her first would sell her like that. Good grief.

Managed to get Elsa with quite easily on line this morning from the disneystore.co.uk, really looking forward to seeing the doll in person later this week.

Still deciding on whether to pick up Anna while she's still available, or wait to see if its discounted in a few weeks.

file_0796aa4c.jpeg
file_23e3d755.jpeg
file_5694f5ec.jpeg
file_4204b6d9.jpeg

I am so conflicted on her. If there ends up being no embroidery on her cape, just print and some rhinestones, I will neither purchase nor look back. I like that OFA Elsa has red lips but dislike how much darker her eyebrows are. Also, I expect the sisters will now have differently sized eyes. They narrowed Elsa's quite a bit, from the looks of all the photos. The shorter braid may be more movie accurate but I thought the longer ones with the accessories embedded in them (snowflakes, rhinestones, flowers) was a touch that made the LE dolls more special. This one just has that sprig of plastic holly on the side of her head.

Here is a close up of her cape. Her dress is embrodiered but I have no idea about her cape:
38286427984_150d167e3b_o.jpg

Elsa looks beautiful, I like the picture showing her in the box best.
Anna is a meh for me but I couldn't say if she'll sell out or not. Her outfit is beautiful and detailed.
Managed to get Elsa with quite easily on line this morning from the disneystore.co.uk, really looking forward to seeing the doll in person later this week.

Still deciding on whether to pick up Anna while she's still available, or wait to see if its discounted in a few weeks.

file_0796aa4c.jpeg
file_23e3d755.jpeg
file_5694f5ec.jpeg
file_4204b6d9.jpeg

It translated shipping as if it had to do something with real ships so... yes it needs some improvement.
I like to read the thoughts of others on the dolls :) What are your favouriete details on the dolls and what would you change if any change were possible? :)
I bet Ursula won't give back that virtual coin once she gets it :D
They are all so beautiful!

I could write paragraphs about my thoughts on the LE and Designer dolls in my collection but I need to keep reminding myself to stay relevant on this thread :) I'll send a private message instead!
As for the cape, the entire pattern really is hot-glued/printed on. It became easy for me to pass on Elsa when I saw that they airbrushed her freckles away on top of everything else. Just, personally not at all inspired by her. More power to everyone who loves the OFA girls, they would make a great end-of-year present to yourself and family members!

I got Elsa online after work tonight. I'm excited to see her in person. The nearest Disney store is about an hour away, so unless I take off work, it is online for me. I know she's not as popular as she once was, but I'd love to see photos if anyone gets her at the store. I had to pass on Anna due to budget constraints and having to pay off some other collectible purchases, but think I'll be able to get her easily in the future. Actually, I think Elsa will be pretty low on the second hand market too. There are so many of her, and so many not selling well. I still like her and think she's a well made doll. The stock on the dolls has always been good and as a long time doll collector, I can really appreciate that.

It's nice it was so easy to get Elsa and I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night, but I also worry this may reflect badly on the heirloom series and negatively impact production. So many scalpers,and so many releases, for so long really threw things out whack. Now, they are probably making way too many. I still love these dolls and hope they keep making them in reasonably obtainable quantities.

I could write paragraphs about my thoughts on the LE and Designer dolls in my collection but I need to keep reminding myself to stay relevant on this thread :) I'll send a private message instead!
As for the cape, the entire pattern really is hot-glued/printed on. It became easy for me to pass on Elsa when I saw that they airbrushed her freckles away on top of everything else. Just, personally not at all inspired by her. More power to everyone who loves the OFA girls, they would make a great end-of-year present to yourself and family members!
Do so! :D I love reading about the dolls :)
Is it? I could not make it out although I stared for minutes at the high resolution photos. Well, no temptation, money saved for other dolls. I recommend getting the classic doll set if you would like to have dolls from this short. They have lots of details on their dresses and are in my opinion really pretty.
Huh, you are right, where did Elsas freckles go? I didn't realise untill now that they are gone...
Actually, the only thing I really like form this release is Annas outfit (well the skirt could be a little longer) I think it would look lovely on any of the earlier Anna dolls.

I got Elsa online after work tonight. I'm excited to see her in person. The nearest Disney store is about an hour away, so unless I take off work, it is online for me. I know she's not as popular as she once was, but I'd love to see photos if anyone gets her at the store. I had to pass on Anna due to budget constraints and having to pay off some other collectible purchases, but think I'll be able to get her easily in the future. Actually, I think Elsa will be pretty low on the second hand market too. There are so many of her, and so many not selling well. I still like her and think she's a well made doll. The stock on the dolls has always been good and as a long time doll collector, I can really appreciate that.

It's nice it was so easy to get Elsa and I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night, but I also worry this may reflect badly on the heirloom series and negatively impact production. So many scalpers,and so many releases, for so long really threw things out whack. Now, they are probably making way too many. I still love these dolls and hope they keep making them in reasonably obtainable quantities.

Congratulations! :)

I hope as well that Disney will keep making these dolls, they are so beautiful!

Congratulations! :)

I hope as well that Disney will keep making these dolls, they are so beautiful!

Thanks, Meritre. I was hoping there'd be more people interested in them, but I think the frenzy has died out. There's certainly good and bad to that. I do kind of miss the excitement of getting up and sharing it all with so many people here. Although, I'm getting way too old for that kind of thing. lol :)

Congratulations on OFA Elsa :) I am a member of the Facebook group for Limited Edition dolls and there was a frenzy indeed when they were released in the US and UK. It has died down since, but boy were people excited when they went live. Previously, there was a lot of discussion on quality control but ultimately, those who wanted her got her and those who did not are holding out for other releases.

I understand your concern about the heirloom dolls. The poor performance of the limited dolls this year (and the low secondary market prices for those that did do well) hopefully taught scalpers a lesson about jumping on them for profit!

Do so! :D I love reading about the dolls :)
Is it? I could not make it out although I stared for minutes at the high resolution photos. Well, no temptation, money saved for other dolls. I recommend getting the classic doll set if you would like to have dolls from this short. They have lots of details on their dresses and are in my opinion really pretty.
Huh, you are right, where did Elsas freckles go? I didn't realise untill now that they are gone...
Actually, the only thing I really like form this release is Annas outfit (well the skirt could be a little longer) I think it would look lovely on any of the earlier Anna dolls.

I am definitely thinking of getting the OFA classic dolls. They look well worth the price point, especially if one of Disney's many promotions this time of year apply :) I adore Anna's face mold in that set, don't know if it's any different from her 17" version but she looks so.. quirky and positive!! Her outfit definitely has some lovely details, I just wish I was more into the powder blue. I much prefer the dark navy of Elsa's outfit in the short..

Thanks, Meritre. I was hoping there'd be more people interested in them, but I think the frenzy has died out. There's certainly good and bad to that. I do kind of miss the excitement of getting up and sharing it all with so many people here. Although, I'm getting way too old for that kind of thing. lol :)
You are never too old for that ;) I was hoping for some more interest, too, I love reading other peoples opinions, maybe even add one or two thoughts of my own. I'd be rally happy if you shared a few pictures and your opinion of your new treasure once she arrives :)

I am definitely thinking of getting the OFA classic dolls. They look well worth the price point, especially if one of Disney's many promotions this time of year apply :) I adore Anna's face mold in that set, don't know if it's any different from her 17" version but she looks so.. quirky and positive!! Her outfit definitely has some lovely details, I just wish I was more into the powder blue. I much prefer the dark navy of Elsa's outfit in the short..
I suspect the moulds were first made for the classic dolls and then enlarged for the LE dolls, but I'm not sure. For me, the faces look better in the smaller size. There she looks more quirky and positive and... Annaish. I don't know the reason but while I adore classic sized Christmas Anna, I just can't like the LE Christmas Anna as much as she deserves :(

Old? Who's getting old? There's absolutely no such thing among us doll collectors! :) That's the beauty of it, they keep us young at heart.

Regarding the OFA LE dolls, I think at this point I am just really Frozened out...too many Frozen dolls such little display space. The only 2 I'm missing and wanting are the first 2, which of course are also the ones I have to sell a kidney to get. I'm not crazy about these sculpts but the fashions are so beautiful, that's why I'm torn. I'm not a deboxer so getting them to put on older dolls is not a possibility...I figure their edition size is so large that I can wait to make up my mind, or even get them on sale down the line.

Old? Who's getting old? There's absolutely no such thing among us doll collectors! :) That's the beauty of it, they keep us young at heart.

Regarding the OFA LE dolls, I think at this point I am just really Frozened out...too many Frozen dolls such little display space. The only 2 I'm missing and wanting are the first 2, which of course are also the ones I have to sell a kidney to get. I'm not crazy about these sculpts but the fashions are so beautiful, that's why I'm torn. I'm not a deboxer so getting them to put on older dolls is not a possibility...I figure their edition size is so large that I can wait to make up my mind, or even get them on sale down the line.

Well, they are still up on the Shop Disney site :) I imagine the people who wanted them have already placed their orders at this point, and the remaining stock will go to those who were on the fence and waiting to see if they would go on sale (like Elena). About having to sell a kidney for the first set.. haha I agree! I can do about right up until Coronation Elsa but the original set is just so out of reach.

I suspect the moulds were first made for the classic dolls and then enlarged for the LE dolls, but I'm not sure. For me, the faces look better in the smaller size. There she looks more quirky and positive and... Annaish. I don't know the reason but while I adore classic sized Christmas Anna, I just can't like the LE Christmas Anna as much as she deserves :(

I think so too, which is puzzling because I find the classic dolls more to my liking. Maybe it's the differences in makeup and eyelashes that gives the playline and LE dolls different vibes :eek: Regardless, I think Disney did a fine job translating OFA Anna's outfit in 17" form. The burgundy lining of her dress almost sold me!

I think so too, which is puzzling because I find the classic dolls more to my liking. Maybe it's the differences in makeup and eyelashes that gives the playline and LE dolls different vibes :eek: Regardless, I think Disney did a fine job translating OFA Anna's outfit in 17" form. The burgundy lining of her dress almost sold me!
They did a great job with that outfit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back