• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! The Rapunzel and Eugene set really does look better than the first pictures or even the official pictures led to believe. I considered getting them, but for money reasons decided to only get one set for the time being and I chose Robin and Marian. Apparently my Disney Store actually sold out of the Tangled set! So they seemed to have been more popular than I thought they would be!

I wish we could copy & paste pictures from flickr!

Like this?
37512531290_959d859602_o.jpg

So, it looks like Disney is all about surprise releases. I hadn't heard anything on the new Moana doll. I didn't get any of the others, but this one is seriously adorable with the Heihei figures. I have no more funds in the dolly budget (Thanks Saks), but I'm going to have a hard time if she's still around in a couple of weeks.

https://www.shopdisney.com/moana-an...-fairytale-collection-limited-edition-1456568

I know interest has been waning in the forum and dolls specifically for a while, but is anyone else avoiding this site because of the pop-ups? I can't even click within the thread as I'm typing without one after another pop-up. I know I can install an ad blocker, but they often slow things down and this isn't normal. It's like a naughty site from over a decade ago. Not that I, um, would know from experience or anything. I've just heard things.

So, it looks like Disney is all about surprise releases. I hadn't heard anything on the new Moana doll. I didn't get any of the others, but this one is seriously adorable with the Heihei figures. I have no more funds in the dolly budget (Thanks Saks), but I'm going to have a hard time if she's still around in a couple of weeks.

https://www.shopdisney.com/moana-an...-fairytale-collection-limited-edition-1456568

I know interest has been waning in the forum and dolls specifically for a while, but is anyone else avoiding this site because of the pop-ups? I can't even click within the thread as I'm typing without one after another pop-up. I know I can install an ad blocker, but they often slow things down and this isn't normal. It's like a naughty site from over a decade ago. Not that I, um, would know from experience or anything. I've just heard things.

It was announced at D23 this past July and then the dates changed :p

I have a good ad-blocker (knock on wood) on my computer and phone and run my virus scan twice a week so I've been ok to come on here.

It was announced at D23 this past July and then the dates changed :p

I have a good ad-blocker (knock on wood) on my computer and phone and run my virus scan twice a week so I've been ok to come on here.

I must have overlooked the D23 announcement. I knew there were a couple of 17" releases of her, so maybe I just lumped them all together. It doesn't take much to confuse me these days. LOL

It's been a while since I installed an ad blocker, but I may look into again. I've just always had problems with them slowing things down, but I do tend to have too many windows open at once. Youtube, or Amazon Music, is almost always on and then I'm doing work with spreadsheets and work related websites running, and usually have something fun on as well. Still, I've never experienced ads that popped up when I just click in an empty space while replying to a thread. If I miss a word while I'm typing this and have to go back, I have to keep clicking as the pop ups just keep coming, preventing me from typing. I just brought it up because it seems there isn't much activity. I wondered if it was more than just a waning interest. I would have thought these releases would have brought people around again. I haven't had much to say, but I do miss how active things used to be. There are some really great people here.

I just read on Facebook, for those Disney Visa credit card holders that pre-registered for an event at the Disney Store, they get 25% off merchandise and it's working on the LE designer 12" dolls!

So the 25% off is indeed working on the Designer Fairytale dolls. I called Disney to cancel my preorder of the set and they said they could only put in a request to cancel. Within the hour I received a tracking number for it! Thanks a lot Disney, now I have to stalk the UPS guy to reject the package and avoid paying the return fee.

I'm disappointed to report the discount does NOT work on the D23 ornament set featuring the doll art. Bummer, I was hoping to snag that finally.

So the 25% off is indeed working on the Designer Fairytale dolls. I called Disney to cancel my preorder of the set and they said they could only put in a request to cancel. Within the hour I received a tracking number for it! Thanks a lot Disney, now I have to stalk the UPS guy to reject the package and avoid paying the return fee.
I just had them issue me store credit for the amount I would have saved with the 25% off this weekend.

I pretty much said I would return them and the can recommended I refuse the package so that I wouldn't pay return shipping. I called again today and spoke with someone who had to consult with their supervisor and get back to me. It's all a matter of who you get.

I bought the LE 17" Moana doll full price on the 6th, so just a few days before the 25% sale. By the time I looked into cancelling, it had already shipped and I didn't think at the time to refuse the package. It sold out during the sale though, so I don't know if they will honor their Price Adjustment Policy. Going to visit their Contact Us page just in case :( How did things turn out for you?

Well, right now I'm just waiting to hear back.

I bought the LE 17" Moana doll full price on the 6th, so just a few days before the 25% sale. By the time I looked into cancelling, it had already shipped and I didn't think at the time to refuse the package. It sold out during the sale though, so I don't know if they will honor their Price Adjustment Policy. Going to visit their Contact Us page just in case :( How did things turn out for you?

Well, right now I'm just waiting to hear back.

I emailed Disney and heard back from two reps. One said limited edition dolls were not eligible for the recent 25% off discount (WRONG), the other said they are not covered under shop Disney's price adjustment policy. I wrote back to the first one, because she doesn't seem to know that the discounts worked on the LE dolls this time. We'll see how it goes :)

I emailed Disney and heard back from two reps. One said limited edition dolls were not eligible for the recent 25% off discount (WRONG), the other said they are not covered under shop Disney's price adjustment policy. I wrote back to the first one, because she doesn't seem to know that the discounts worked on the LE dolls this time. We'll see how it goes :)

Good choice! ha ha, the things we do to afford our hobby. We definitely have to keep trying and not give up too easily.

Good choice! ha ha, the things we do to afford our hobby. We definitely have to keep trying and not give up too easily.

I realize our cases are a bit different but after a few e-mail exchanges, I got sent a total of $50.00 in one-time use promotion codes :) I'm actually pretty sure that's more than I'm owed and they miscalculated haha.

Funny how in one chain of e-mails, every rep was adamant that limited edition dolls are not eligible for sales price adjustments. On another, both reps who responded granted me refunds. These people definitely look into the history of e-mail chains. If the first rep said no, the answer stays no. If the first rep said yes, it's yes all the way.

I guess the moral of the story is that you only need to get ahold of one Disney rep who will side with you. Keep trying!!

Finally heard back today, well not really heard back but I did receive a price adjustment promotion code in my email today. Yay! I had to call again because the package was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, but of course they said they'd get back to me. I ended up rescheduling the package with UPS for today, and luckily don't have to worry about catching the UPS guy anymore since the adjustment went through.

Finally heard back today, well not really heard back but I did receive a price adjustment promotion code in my email today. Yay! I had to call again because the package was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, but of course they said they'd get back to me. I ended up rescheduling the package with UPS for today, and luckily don't have to worry about catching the UPS guy anymore since the adjustment went through.

YAY, I wonder of the other people who pre-ordered know they are eligible to receive a price adjustment. They must!

YAY, I wonder of the other people who pre-ordered know they are eligible to receive a price adjustment. They must!

I think you can only ask while the promotion is current as they always check if your items are eligible and always say that past promotions can't be applied.

And yet - we contacted multiple cast members (during the promotion) and was told our purchase did not qualify for the adjustment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back