• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this wasn't a D23 set, because I love it so much! There's no way I could afford it off ebay (going from Jasmine's prices). I really, really hope that means that we'll get another non-variant Mulan. I've been waiting for her for soooo long! I'm so excited about the possibilities of this new theme.

I think the Mulan set has high hopes of having a 'normal', non D23 version, mayb even a 17 inch variant. Cinderella, Snow, Elsa - those all had 'normal' versions, too :)

I wish this wasn't a D23 set, because I love it so much! There's no way I could afford it off ebay (going from Jasmine's prices). I really, really hope that means that we'll get another non-variant Mulan. I've been waiting for her for soooo long! I'm so excited about the possibilities of this new theme.

Slave Jasmine is a 17" doll. Mulan and Shang are 12" so I think, based upon the past ones, that these should top out around $500.

Oh thanks for that information, I didn't realize the 12" dolls were less. Jasmine and Mulan are my two favourite princesses, so I only paid attention to Jasmine's price.

So Jasmine,Mulan,Tiana,Poca,and some disney character maybe Hercules or Merida is going to have a set this year right? I am hoping for a Tiana in her blue gown and lottie designer set but i dont know how lottie's gown would fit with tiana's in the same box.

I'm dying for Poca in her sequel ballgown with Ratcliffe when they danced for a moment. That would be digging deep. Or them hitting a vein and breakthrough with a set of her and John Rolfe.

Given how Mulan is disguised as a man for her set which is happening, I can imagine a set of Snow White in her rags, blue bow and clogs with a movie accurate The Prince Aubrey (X0X0 copyrights that name for him JK) who will be a tough act to follow after the 2013 set(S.)

And would it KILL THEM to put some atmosphere into the packaging with a background? I would like for the potential SW set to be backgrounded with the Evil Queen glaring through her weird window and for the birdie that sent their technical first kiss to come with the set.

Last edited:
I think after the big rush of people wanting the 12" dolls of Elsa and Hans, they settled around $250-ish. I remember getting a message from someone at Disneyana saying they found it for sale there for $250.

Personally I want something Hercules related in this new wave. My dream set would be one of Hades and Meg, but that fits in more with the "Heroes and Villains" theme of the past two years. So if we are going to be getting anything representing that movie, then it would probably be a set with Hercules and Meg. Aside from that, it's difficult to really say what else I want from this line, because there are SO many characters and scenes that could qualify for a "movie moments" theme.

I didn't realize Jasmine & Tiana were rumoured to be part of the designer lineup?! I've only heard of rumours for the Blue Fairy, Moana & Mulan/Shang are confirmed. I wonder what could be the connection of these "movie moments", belief in yourself? Just trying to figure out what other dolls are possible for this lineup.

Wishful Thinking!

-Aurora in a pink AND blue dress with Phillip with a clouds background
-a Belle in pink or green with Beast (sounds so under the radar)
-Jasmine and Aladdin with a carpet motif

Where did you read that? I recently thought i read it somewhere, but then i thought... "okay, i guess that was just a dream?" Jasmine/Tiana would be amazing!

Wishful Thinking!

-Aurora in a pink AND blue dress with Phillip with a clouds background
-a Belle in pink or green with Beast (sounds so under the radar)
-Jasmine and Aladdin with a carpet motif

Aurora caught in the middle of a "make it pink, make it blue" moment would be INCREDIBLE! And I'd be all for them adding Esmeralda to the line (either with Phoebus or Quasimodo - I really don't care which).

Either the Make it Pink, Make it Blue or a movie accurate(!) Once Upon a Dream set which would be a tough act to follow after the 2014 set which swept me off my feet.

I personally want Esmeralda with Frollo but in all fairness, Phoebus would be easier and cheaper to construct than Quasi. Why do I see a tri-pack of the scene where he put their hands together after Phoebus caught him?

What I'm imagining: big, grand boxes with lots of space to show off each doll, their accessories, and backgrounds straight from the movies to really set the scenes. I know this would never happen, but imagine the dolls with more expressive faces that help to recreate the scene, instead of just having everyone show a sweet smile. Imagine the possibilities, Belle watching Beast transform, we could finally get a good human Beast doll! Imagine if they really went all out, the dolls are preposed in the box to look exactly like the scene from the movie, Belle standing back in shock, with an actual shocked expression on her face, as the human Beast doll is in the air in front of her via a doll stand inside the huge display box, with the big red cape wrapped around him just like in the movie! And his face sculpt would have his eyes closed! They could even put glitter all over the cape to make it look like a more magical transformation or whatever. Now pair what I just said with the actual background from that scene behind the dolls, and bam. That's a set worth paying for! I could just imagine that, Hercules and Megara, Tarzan and Jane, and Esmeralda and Quasimodo or Phoebus (I'd be happy with either) there are just so many possibilities with what they could do with the idea of movie moments! Yeah these would be more expensive for them to produce (and for us to buy) but I feel like they'd be more worth it, and something different than what we've been normally getting, something that really screams "limited edition" and "collectors item" when you see it.

What we'll probably actually get: Anna and Elsa back to back with their arms interlocked

I wonder if we might see slave Jasmine and Jafar if this has something to do with Movie Moments or Magical Moments, it was odd that they were not part of Heroes vs Villains but maybe this is why, to be in this years or next years collection.

I didn't consider Anna and Elsa together but that makes a lot of sense, and I Know the'll want to do more Frozen dolls.

I'm beginning to think that the Mulan and Shang set is supposed to be a heroes VS. villains set in the aspect of Anna and Kristoff (how they were a romantic moment under heroes VS. villains.)

In that case, I want Jasmine in purple with Jafar in the Sultan's garbs tailored to his measurements.

and Tiana in her white flapper dress with Facilier.

I'm beginning to think that the Mulan and Shang set is supposed to be a heroes VS. villains set in the aspect of Anna and Kristoff (how they were a romantic moment under heroes VS. villains.)

In that case, I want Jasmine in purple with Jafar in the Sultan's garbs tailored to his measurements.

and Tiana in her white flapper dress with Facilier.

Anna and Kristoff weren't a part of the heroes vs villains collection. They were a pseudo- continuation of the couples.

How much is a good price for dolls at d23 considering ticket price and standing in line or having sorcerer ticket? Wait or not to wait? What are people thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is a good price for dolls at d23 considering ticket price and standing in line or having sorcerer ticket? Wait or not to wait? What are people thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea, but the people I know with sorcerer tickets have asked for $500-1000 for the Mulan/Shang and Minnie (each, not together!)

So Jasmine,Mulan,Tiana,Poca,and some disney character maybe Hercules or Merida is going to have a set this year right? I am hoping for a Tiana in her blue gown and lottie designer set but i dont know how lottie's gown would fit with tiana's in the same box.

Is Disney doing dolls for Jasmine, Tiana, and Pocahontas just rumors? I would LOVE for all the princesses of color to be included in this line but that doesn't seem like something Disney would do. I know myself and a lot of Disney fans have actively complained about lack of merchandise for these characters but so far, Disney has not listened. The new line of princess merchandise for back to school still has mostly Belle and Rapunzel on it.

Is Disney doing dolls for Jasmine, Tiana, and Pocahontas just rumors? I would LOVE for all the princesses of color to be included in this line but that doesn't seem like something Disney would do. I know myself and a lot of Disney fans have actively complained about lack of merchandise for these characters but so far, Disney has not listened. The new line of princess merchandise for back to school still has mostly Belle and Rapunzel on it.

As far as I know nothing is confirmed, just speculation. Jasmine and Tiana have had a few limited edition dolls, so hoping for one of them to get a new one wouldn't be too far off. Pocahontas, maybe not.

As for Belle and Rapunzel being on a lot of the recent stuff, it makes sense honestly. Despite them being two of the more popular princesses, Belle just had a live action remake and Rapunzel an animated series, so it makes sense that they're all over the place.

As far as I know nothing is confirmed, just speculation. Jasmine and Tiana have had a few limited edition dolls, so hoping for one of them to get a new one wouldn't be too far off. Pocahontas, maybe not.

As for Belle and Rapunzel being on a lot of the recent stuff, it makes sense honestly. Despite them being two of the more popular princesses, Belle just had a live action remake and Rapunzel an animated series, so it makes sense that they're all over the place.

I can see another Jasmine doll happening. Tiana and Pocahontas are getting some new merchandise, both had new Jim Shore pieces recently. I could see Tiana over Pocahontas. Her limited edition dolls have sold out quicker.

Yeah, it makes sense that Belle, Cinderella, and Rapunzel are on pretty much all the princess merchandise recently. However, having just one princess of color or none on merchandise is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back