• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Rapunzel Gallery Print ...is this new??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Rapunzel Gallery Print ...is this new??
I think they're LE 250, but you're right they were only supposed to be UK exclusive! That's why I was so excited to get them! I wonder if they made new ones? Japan exclusives?

I think they're LE 250, but you're right they were only supposed to be UK exclusive! That's why I was so excited to get them! I wonder if they made new ones? Japan exclusives?

Oh yes sorry you are right they were only LE 250. I would definitely be annoyed if the Japanese releases were reprints because that would just mean that they wouldnt be exclusive to DS UK nor would they just be LE 250. Unless of course that they only sold the in Japan that didnt sell out in the UK hence why I was wondering if they still had Snow White or some of the other princesses that never sold out.

I believe the only one that I missed out on that I did want was Belle. I managed to get all the others that I wanted but missed out on Belle which was a shame as she was the second most popular one behind Rapunzel.

Do you know if they had all 10 princesses? Because I know that a few sold out like Belle and Rapunzel but then you had others like Snow and Pocahontas that were there for months they even reduced them down to 20 pounds I believe it was and even with that I dont think they sold out. So just wondering if it was just the remaining stock left that they were selling in Japan. If not then they should not have been advertising them as exclusive to DS UK as that is just misleading, also makes me wonder if they did in fact sell out and then they just printed more for the Japanese market or if they held some stock aside for them. As I am pretty sure that these prints were only LE 150.

I just went on the site and checked. From what I can find now it only shows 6 princesses, which is Ariel, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Belle, and Jasmine. But I am pretty sure I'be seen other princesses on the site earlier. ( I think they marketed it as first wave and seconed wave) It does said LE 250 world wide under the description. Japan does sometimes get LE stuffs like 17" dolls and designer dolls ( include the gold Snow White set), but they never list how many they get, it always just said total LE number worldwide. I do think both UK and US site should notice that and when they are writing description they should also note that items are also available on the JP market, instead they just said they are sold only US and UK.

I got them not realizing just how big they are! Things are huge! That's why I'm only keeping one and selling the rest. It would be interesting to see if japan had it's own set, or what happened. It's a little confusing considering the whole market on these was "UK exclusive"

Aww they still have Belle?? Would love to get Belle, tempted to ask my cousins in Japan if they could grab them for me but Im too embarassed to ask to be honest :S especially since these are marketed to little girls :p.

But I did notice that the country of manufacture is the UK, so it could just possibly mean that they had them set aside for the Japan market. Mind you these are a lot more expensive than the UK releases. They are Y8,400 which works out to be about USD$80, AUD$90 and about 50 pounds (which is what they originally retailed for but were eventually reduced down to 20 pounds at one point).

I just noticed they still also have the Cinderella LE doll for sale too. Makes me wonder if left over stock is sent over to Japan or if they just release their items very slowly there.

If it makes you feel better I think Belle is sold out :) I promised myself I'd only keep Mulan... But if Ariel had been in stock I might've changed my mind lol

If it makes you feel better I think Belle is sold out :) I promised myself I'd only keep Mulan... But if Ariel had been in stock I might've changed my mind lol

When I checked it looks like she was still in stock, unless it is one of those occasions where it looks like it is but if you try adding it to your cart it doesn't let you.

I told myself originally that I was just going to get Rapunzel, Ariel and Belle because they were my favorites but because I missed out on Belle I ended up getting Pocahontas, Tiana and Aurora as well LOL. so I do have five of the ten prints which i am happy about and to my surprise the Pocahontas one is amazing, I think it is because of her background having a fire effect to it which looks amazing.

I did not find out about these prints until recently and I am so sad I missed out on them, I would have loved Ariel, Rapunzel and Aurora which are my faves :(

Has anyone ever seen them on ebay? Since they are so limited I can only imagine the prices...

I haven't seen any of the ones that you want as they are the more popular ones, as mentioned above they are available in Japan so if you know someone in Japan maybe they can help you out? I believe that they still have all the ones that you want as well as they all appear to still be in stock.

They do sometimes have them on Amazon, I know there was a seller on Amazon that was asking for $300USD for Rapunzel which I didnt think was worth it since since only originally cost $80USD.

They are pretty amazing though, I was lucky to get Rapunzel as she sold out first and I missed out but then she suddenly popped back up for sale just like some things tend to do on the DS UK website so I managed to snag her then. Like I said earlier the only one I really wanted and missed out on was Belle.

Good luck with your search though, if you really want them let me know as I might be able to work something out as I have a few friends/relies in Japan (plus it will give me a reason to try get Belle!).

When I checked it looks like she was still in stock, unless it is one of those occasions where it looks like it is but if you try adding it to your cart it doesn't let you.

I told myself originally that I was just going to get Rapunzel, Ariel and Belle because they were my favorites but because I missed out on Belle I ended up getting Pocahontas, Tiana and Aurora as well LOL. so I do have five of the ten prints which i am happy about and to my surprise the Pocahontas one is amazing, I think it is because of her background having a fire effect to it which looks amazing.

I need to learn Japanese! I think maybe I misunderstood which button was the add to cart button! Ariel might be worth looking into!

Yeah Pocahontas looks amazing. Her background reminds of the whole "paint with all the colors of the wind" thing. Yep. I'm being cheesie lol. They are all truly beautiful.

Last edited:
Well if anyone does want these let me know, if I build up enough interest I may consider organising getting an order through. Just send me a PM. They would be Y8,400 ($80USD). I'd need to check how much shipping would be but it shouldnt be too bad, probably around $20-$30 but can confirm that if I gather enough interest. Hopefully they dont sell out too fast.

I wish I got these when they were on offer in the UK. I bet the stock photos don't do them an inch of justice and its great to see Pocahontas getting some love :)

Yep that is definitely right, they are amazing in person just because of the amount of detail and the colors used, they are a pretty good depiction of the princesses and is probably one of the best out there.

I definitely think that Pocahontas was one of the better ones, here are photos that I took of my collection, I didnt want to take them out of their plastic covers so there is a bit of a reflection but as you can see from these images they are amazing and was definitely worth the money.

Sorry about the pic overload but these are high def images so you can see how detailed these prints really are.

Just in case anyone is wandering, on the JP website if the chart under item's picture shows a green sign it means iris in stock. If it shows red it means out of stock.:wavey:

Just in case anyone is wandering, on the JP website if the chart under item's picture shows a green sign it means iris in stock. If it shows red it means out of stock.:wavey:

Thank you for pointing that out! By the looks of it I think only Cinderella is still in stock :p

Even though the sites are still up it looks like most have sold out...they should update the site....

Thanks for letting me know! If I had to chose one of course I am going with Ariel. They are all stunning though and such an amazing size. Too bad Ariel is long gone. I will be on the lookout for her.

I just noticed they still also have the Cinderella LE doll for sale too. Makes me wonder if left over stock is sent over to Japan or if they just release their items very slowly there.

They were actually originally sold at Japan's D23 convention and then left over stock was sent to the Disney Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back