• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store UK - Just ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store UK - Just ask!

Martin B

Dr Facilier
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hi there.

Today I was shocked, amazed and confused by a situation at a particular store in the UK. I hadn't been to this store in about 6 years and therefore pin trading wasn't even around then.

I looked in the sale boxes and picked up some pins in there for 50p, but I was dissapointed at the pins that were in the normal section. Therefore I decided to ask if they had any more pins. The CM referred me to a manager because 'they didn't know anything about pins'. The manager then went behind the till area and opened a draw with just about every single pin that has been released in the last six months. Most of these pins were not even taken out of the plastic bags that they are delivered in! I was shocked!

I managed to pick up some of the pins that were out way before I got in to pin trading and many of the pins including LE's were only 50p! I find that many stores keep a lot of pins in clear storage boxes behind the tills. I have found all sorts of pins in these boxes before, including Cast only pins, sold out pins etc. Don't be affraid to have a good rummage as it usually pays off!!

I am so pleased with my haul of pins today!!!:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

On a more negative side, what future does pin trading have in the UK if the stores don't even put the pins out on display...?

Martin

Sounds like any awesome find! On the bright side, the people in charge of pins there might visit a store and exclaim "Wow, we can't even keep the pins on the racks, they must be popular! Lets release more".

I'll be visiting at least one store this weekend so we'll see how the pins shape up there. Sounds like you picked up so real bargains at 50p each!

The UK stance on pin trading I think is a joke when the Stores are concerned, but I pass judgement once I've made a visit

again I say the best store for pin trading was Oldham before it closed, as whenever I entered the store the CM's knew who I was and they automatically got the lanyard, also I got to rummage through the pin bag they use to refresh the lanyards with.

The other store I give high credit to is the Manchester Arndale store before I moved to Ireland as the CM's knew who I was, would ask if I got new pins, sadly there is only a handful of those very nice cast members left but I still get to chat to them when I visit.

Im hoping when I visit london in just over a weeks time the sale might still be on to pick up a few cheap LE's and core pins for trading fodder in paris XD

I wish my local store was like that! I only have one store within driving distance - Southampton - and the pin situation there is diabolical! They never have the new releases, and never have more than four or five pins on display - and as for the lanyards, they are nowhere to be seen, and any cast member i ask gives me a blank "what the hell are you talking about" look. I'd read about the reduced pins, and they have NONE. I went in again a few days later, and they had a small amount of the Recycle green alien pins, for £1.79 each. That is all they had. I asked if they had any more, and the cast member said no. I was hoping to pick up the stitch pin :( I wish they would get themselves organised! I know there is no point going in there for anything to do with pins - every time i have tried, i have come away disappointed and empty handed. They didnt even have the Christmas charity pin for more than a few days! (which were weekdays - i went in the first weekend of the promotion, and was told they had sold out) I have to say i am bitterly disappointed with the Southampton store -it must be the worst one in the country.
I have to rely on my "Fairy Godmother" Elaine to get me any UK pins from the Manchester store - they always seem to have loads!!

I was also disappointed with the online Disney store sale - i was really hoping to get the online exclusive peter pan pin, and it was reduced to 50p, and soon as i saw, i added it to my basket, but by the time i went to checkout, it told me they had sold out! :(

Come on Disney Store UK: raise your game! :(

glad u got a good haul of pins,which store wasit.
i was in your neck of the woods just after xmas and went to the solihul store.i got some sale pins but they hadnt been reduced to 50p

Just thought I'd give you a update! I went to the Romford store yesterday & it was a total shambles!!

I had to ask to see the lanyards which were in a drawer behind the counter - the pin selection was rubbish! There were only a handful of pins on the for sale racks - mainly older releases & I asked if there were anymore pins behind the counter which were not on display - answer none!!

All in all a waste of time! This really has got to improve

I really dont see why people are getting so frustrated because you have to ask for the lanyards. its not the end of the world. Fair enough they should wear it but its not that big of a deal to say 'excuse me may I see the lanyard please'. whenever I visit the Manchester arndale or trafford centre Ive always had to ask and its never bothered me.

I think you have to remember the CM's in the disney store are not going to be the same as in the parks as its just one store in a busy shopping centre so I can see why they they dont have it on sometimes. Also if there are no regular traders in the area (I went to the manchester store once a week when I lived 30 minutes away) then the CM's are not going to know what the lanyard is if they are new or have never been told about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back