• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneystore no longer producing pins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit dissapointed but I'm wondering if the Main Street USA Park mural pins are still going to be sold?

Last edited:
I really hate the fact for LE park released pins, you have to wait 30 days before you can call Disney Parks & Resorts Merchandise Guest Services to order.

I've called twice and had the upsetting experience with Cast Members who didn't want to trouble a pin collector and they just disconnected the line once they said it wasn't release for mail order yet. I couldn't even ask to see if there was any quantities available. Plus I hate to pay for shipping for one pin at a time.

The beginning of the end was when they started limiting purchases to two pins. Nothing sold out. They could not win for losing. I was told more than once by a very nice woman in the office of the president that they spent 90% of their time on their phones with disgruntled pin traders. Just wasn't worth the trouble.

It's not shocking due to the lack of new pins on the site in so many months, but it is sad. I was hoping that in time DS.com would start selling new pins again. Some of my favorite pins are DS.com pins. Since Jessica Rabbit is my favorite character DS.com and DSF were really the only places I was able to get Jessica pins.

Well.... I personally will wait for the official announcement to be made from Disney. The hobby has survived for over 10 years and regardless of the amount of calls from collectors Disney should have listened and made the process/product better.

This happened with the old Disneyana Conventions (1992 - 2002), too much complaining, not making enough money and the whole thing goes off to the dust bin! Wait about 7 years and here's D23 conventions, Disneyana conventions reborn.

Maybe they will open up the mail order system for Park pins but all of this does not necessarily mean the end of the hobby. A good barometer will be if there is/isn't a Pin Event announced after Mickey's Circus in September.

Mike S.

Another good indicator will be the Disney Profit/Loss sheet for their retail stores / online sales. Once they start bleeding red ink, it's amazing what products they start bringing back.

I feel like trying to organize a petition... and not just the DPF community- but the pin community as a whole. Somehow. DPF + Pinpics + Pin Talk + Whatever other pin site. Is that crazy?

Lame and sad. With this development and the lack of good updates on the "What's HapPining" blog, and the downhill DL pin events (even the WDW), what's going to happen to the hobby!?!!?

Another good indicator will be the Disney Profit/Loss sheet for their retail stores / online sales. Once they start bleeding red ink, it's amazing what products they start bringing back.

Apparently they didnt bleed red ink after discontinueing the pins at Disney stores.(like the mall stores) And yet they sell Vinylmations. it just is not fair!

This is huge news, though certainly suspected at this point. I hope they plan to make some announcement. It's upsetting to me how for over ten years of events, trading nights, and midnight madness - that it, just a done deal and over now?! They are still doing park pins, but the DS pins were a BIG deal for a lot of us for some six years now; the DS pins were their own entity.

The beginning of the end was when they started limiting purchases to two pins. Nothing sold out. They could not win for losing. I was told more than once by a very nice woman in the office of the president that they spent 90% of their time on their phones with disgruntled pin traders. Just wasn't worth the trouble.

I don't think limiting the pins to 2 per customer caused it. You do NOT need a product to sell out within 30 minutes weekly to turn a profit. The only reason that limit rule went into effect was to stop the scalpers. They were also only supposed to uphold that limit rule on the first day of releases. If the scalpers were not so greedy, we wouldn't have needed that rule implemented. Sorry, but Disney needed to step up their game on that issue. The disgruntled phone calls were the end result - it was people voicing their frustration on a problem that was ongoing for a long time. If a company feels the needs of a customer aren't "worth it," then that's pretty bad (especially with it was the pin community wherein people spend lots of time and money on Disney). If there truly were so many calls made, it should have been a problem Disney took very serious, not something they gave up on.

Hi,
Well its probably the EU store next :(
Very sad indeed !!
I take it the parks will still sell them tho???

Do they ever have any Q&A sessions at any of the pin events? I'd appreciate it if someone could ask about this. But it's not really surprising, is it? They haven't even had any decent park pins on ds.com for weeks! But I don't think it's the end of pins. If it was I don't think they'd be doing the podm series.

Disneystore.com has always operated as a secret and separate business from the normal Disney merchandise branch. Appears to be becoming a clearing house for merchandise that doesn't sell at the parks. No one at the parks knows what they are doing. They were simply told that disneystore.com would no longer produce pins as a courtesy.
This does not mean the end of pin trading, just makes your dissneyshopping/store pins more valuable. I"m sure something else will develop just like after Disney Auctions stopped producing pins.

It feels like everything in their stores is geared for kids 7 and under, which was great when my kids were little, but now?!

Now no pins either?! :( How are we supposed to keep the Magic alive when we're hundreds of miles from a park?!

I need my Mickey fix!

this does suck as so many have said. I guess Disney didn't think they were earning enough from the DS exclusive pins. Well, I spent a lot of money on them :(
booo boooo

It feels like everything in their stores is geared for kids 7 and under, which was great when my kids were little, but now?!

Now no pins either?! :( How are we supposed to keep the Magic alive when we're hundreds of miles from a park?!

I need my Mickey fix!

I totally agree. It used to be a lot more family based and not just for the kids. Now that I'm in my 20s I find the Disney store near me quite boring because it's all geared towards the little kids.

This is honestly depressing. Why would anything that produces any sort of profit be discontinued, headache or not?? We need to "occupy disneyworld!" in protest!

I totally agree. It used to be a lot more family based and not just for the kids. Now that I'm in my 20s I find the Disney store near me quite boring because it's all geared towards the little kids.

I'll third this. I'll walk around, hoping to find something, and get bored in under five minutes.

It really does make me wonder about their sales figures...like, which products in particular makes them the most money/the best profit margins/etc.

I feel like trying to organize a petition... and not just the DPF community- but the pin community as a whole. Somehow. DPF + Pinpics + Pin Talk + Whatever other pin site. Is that crazy?

I think this is a wonderful idea, i was just gathering some thoughts for my own personal letter that i was going to leave and let people copy past and sign their own name...i think it would be nice to let them know their consumer/guests are unhappy. I would mention how it is a nice/relativly inexpensive/family orientated hobby--just what Walt would like.

Hi,
Well its probably the EU store next :(
Very sad indeed !!
I take it the parks will still sell them tho???

AAAAH! If this happens, all of us UKers will be DEAD, if not for the people on this forum who can get us pins from the US!!! :eek2:
Plus, we won't even have access to anything exclusive to trade! :(
Now would Walt be happy about any of this?! I think not. :(

@Dawny, send me that letter if it ever gets done, I'm from the UK and I still think this is absurd! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back