• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP DLP Pin Trading Nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP DLP Pin Trading Nights?

Tsuki

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move etc.

Anyway! I was hoping someone could help me. I would LOVE to attend a pin trading night at DLP one day but could someone possibly tell me when they usually take place? Is it at the end of each month? Do I have to pay extra to attend or book? What are the rules?

I've tried looking up but not had much luck :(

Hi! I am pretty new to them too, but I went one time already :)

The pin trading night is always announced on the flyer for that month that releases on the pin trading night before that. For example this Friday the flyer for November pins will be announced, along with the date of the pin trading night. I believe there are also 2 pin trading events & 2 pin trading days per year, and 8 pin trading nights. The nights are usually the last Friday of the month I believe.

They are totally free of charge. Last time we were advised to start lining up at the venue around 11am to be sure to receive a wristband to be able to buy the pins that release that day. I think people also line up to get a good spot to display their books and traders. Last time though lining up beforehand for the wristbands didn't really matter, as wristbands were still being distributed after opening of the doors. I am not sure whether it was just a less popular pin trading night.. The doors of the venue open at noon, and everyone spends the afternoon trading. We went back to the park for a little bit too to make the most out of our day, but there were so many traders we could have easily spent the whole afternoon browsing pin books and collections! Around 5pm they announce the PTN pins of the night. Then finally at 6PM the colours of the wristbands are drawn to determine which colours can go to the tills first to purchase the pins.
There is also a big pin board with all types of pins that is being taken out around 5PM (I think). You can trade one of your pins for a pin of similar value.

If you can't make it to a pin trading night, there are usually traders gathered at the Pueblo Trading Post on Saturdays too; especially the Saturdays with a LE release. A similar pin board is also taken out throughout most of the Saturday there.

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back