• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Do some people prefer to NOT get zapped?

ZAPPED! Do some people prefer to NOT get zapped?

Nettiejeanne

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It seems strange to me, :sad:but I'm mailing out 5 packages today... it would've been 6, but I've contacted 2 different people trying to get info on one member here and neither Judy (tiggermickey) or David (docfish2u) have their addresses!

So, seriously... is there a reason? Are you afraid to give your real name and address out? If that's the case, it's ok! You can guard your privacy! :suspect: I just found that I have one of your wants and wanted to send it to you!!!

In the future, if Judy doesn't have someone's name/address I'll just assume that you prefer to keep your information private and would rather not receive zaps from people you've only met "online"... or in my case, I zap people who I haven't even chatted with here. :) :D

If someone could explain it to me, I'd feel better... I'd rather understand than wonder.

Thanks!

Love you guys!!! :hug:

Honestly I don't think anyone dosnt like to be zapped at some point of another. I think it's more like they don't think their going to be zapped. So they haven't given Judy or David their addresses for the point of "no one is going to zap me!" Idea.

I didn't give them my address because I feel silly, like I'm EXPECTING to be zapped.

Well, the only thing silly is that you haven't done it yet!!! :) I don't look at it that way. We are ASKING for everyone to send their info in. Look at it as if you are doing us a favor.

Honestly, I get TONS of joy in sending out zaps. The only thing... and I mean the ONLY thing is when I have to wonder if they received it.... you don't have to post a new thread saying how awesome it is, etc. Even a private message to me saying you received the pin lets me know it arrived. That's all I ask. And I imagine that most people who zap would appreciate knowing it arrived safe & sound.

So to any of you who feel like you're asking to be zapped or whatever... please... send in your addresses! Do it as a favor to those of us who really do enjoy zapping others. It really is as good of a feeling for the sender as it is for the receiver!

OK... off of the soapbox... :soapbox:

Honestly I don't think anyone dosnt like to be zapped at some point of another. I think it's more like they don't think their going to be zapped. So they haven't given Judy or David their addresses for the point of "no one is going to zap me!" Idea.

Thanks, LilliMay! I appreciate that viewpoint! I know that some people do feel that way. To be honest, I PERSONALLY only zap if I have one of your wants! If I haven't gotten to everyone yet, it's cuz I send out a few at a time. I'm hoping to eventually get to everyone. I think I've sent out about 15 since March. See???? I'm ASKING for addresses! :) Whoops! I said I'd get off the soapbox!!! (climbing down, now) :roll:

I didn't give them my address because I feel silly, like I'm EXPECTING to be zapped.

+1 on this...I have no problem giving out my address and I've given it to lots of DPF members for my trades and purchases, but I'd feel odd volunteering it as if I was expecting/asking to be zapped...I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people giving their address for that purpose, it's just me

I gotta be honest I felt a little bad about giving my address at first too. I was like "if i do this theyll think I'm just here to get free stuff or they probably think I'm lying about only having 7 pins so theyll feel bad for me and send me stuff". Idk i just felt like awkward doing if because I felt like i was asking for free gifts. Like ya here's my address now send me stuff! and as a new member I was like omg I'm gonna send in my address and some murder is going to get me... but I've been here for like 3 days now and I fully trust that my address is safe with this community :)

+1 on this...I have no problem giving out my address and I've given it to lots of DPF members for my trades and purchases, but I'd feel odd volunteering it as if I was expecting/asking to be zapped...I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people giving their address for that purpose, it's just me
+2 haha.

People, people, people!!! :soapbox: (climbing back up on the soap box...) you are DENYING me the joy of giving!

I WANT to zap people. No, I don't have grail pins to zap, but even if I have a Hidden Mickey :mickey2:that's on your wants, that should be good, right? Then.... LET ME!

Sending in your address really and truly does NOT make you greedy or asking to be zapped. It just makes it less work for those of us searching.

I contacted a third person for the one address I still need and they don't have it either. I hate to go to that person and say... "Hey, I wanna zap you. I know it won't be a surprise, now, but tough! Gimme the info!" I've done it before, and I'll do it again, but I'd prefer it be a surprise!

Don't be embarrassed. Don't be ashamed. Don't feel like you are asking for free stuff. Maybe you'll get zapped today, maybe next week, maybe next month. Maybe never. But it will for sure be never if we can't get your info.

Ok. Once again, I'm climbing back off. :roll: Zap on, people! :rock:

Remember, the Admins and Global Mods also have a list of their own... shoot me a PM and I'll see if their on our list.

I gave my address, just on the off chance. I'm not expecting to be zapped :) I have a zap in mind for someone though if I can get hold of it. Looking forward to it!

I gave my address, just on the off chance. I'm not expecting to be zapped :) I have a zap in mind for someone though if I can get hold of it. Looking forward to it!

Thank you on both counts. :) There might be someone out there reading this thread and checking to see if they have any matches with anyone. If they see they have one and know you've submitted your info, they may zap!

And thanks for continuing the zapping love! Pass it on!

I cant remember if I did when I first signed up but I have been blessed by so much kindness already, I feel there are people more deserving :) I've had enough luck and generosity sent my way to last a life time ^^

I just wish the addys would stay with me as alot do not like to give their addys out,I will tell you ..that I never share your addys with no one unless the person who asks for it wants your addy for zapping purposes only .so rest assure your addy is safe with me.just remember send your full addy that includes first and last name as the postal service will not send to the addys alone,and if you have a pinpics Id send that as well.i just sent a couple more out this week too,also post and thanks the zapper as well.judy

I sent my address to tiggermickey after reading this haha on the chance that I maybe will get zapped! :anxious:

As I am Sir David, the Grailslayer Knight of DPF I must add my 2 cents worth. I usually pick my victims by watching what is going on here on DPF. I am looking for people who are contributing. I love it when newbies join right in like they belong here. Well, because you all do belong here!!! Don't be shy and don't think of it as people looking for freebies or handouts. Some of us realize the joy of giving to others just to make somebodies day.

Like Annette said you are depriving us of our joy by being stingy with your addresses!!! STOP BEING STINGY!!!

Also please realize that you don't have to zap people with pins. I love it when I am zapped with art that somebody has taken the time to make for me!!!

Last edited:
Oh yeah art would be awesome too..or something homemade with a Disney theme,being zapped is just the best..and getting a lbe in the mail without expecting it will put a smile on anyone's face.

I have in the past had a couple of zaps when I have done a trade with somebody but never one of the random zaps that go out a lot that I can recall. That being said, I have done the same on several occasions so I have not been one to send out the random ones either. I like to zap when I am sending a trade with somebody or maybe when somebody has bought something I have included an extra b/c they have bought from me me before, b/c I had something else they really liked, etc. I have 2-3 times sent out "freebie trades" where I had something the person was in search of but they could not find anything I was in search of so I sent them what they were looking for and just told them to send whatever they felt like sending. :) In all of these cases I have already had the persons address b/c I am sending to them anyways or I told them I was sending to them so I got the address then. I have always figured that is how it is done most of the time so I have never sent my address to either of them specifically for that purpose but I have done trades or buys/sells with them so I am sure they have them anyways...lol Maybe others figure most people will ask or it will be in a trade if they get zapped since that is how I have felt...lol

On a side note, for a while there I sent out so many zaps with trades and then the freebie trades... at least 12 if not more. In all of those one person never sent anything back on the freebie trade and in all of the zaps, 2 people said thank you via pm but none of the others did and certainly did not create a thread to say thank you. Having said that, please, if you get zaps, let the person know you got it and like it, even if via just pm. It hurts feelings when you feel like they could not take one minute to say thank you when you were trying to do something to make their day. ;) It is why I have not zapped anywhere near as much lately.

okay, I sent my addy in to TiggerMickey... but I still felt silly doing it! hahaha. it just seems like "begging" to me. thankfully, I have sent two zaps already, so that helps me from feeling too badly. :hsd:

I tend to do my giving behind the scenes so to speak. I do not expect anyone to post about it. I do appreciate knowing that it was received. My zaps as of late have been to people that are down and out and can use a pick me up more than anything else. I can not afford to be a grail slayer like David or send out a bunch at a time. When I can I do. I love the feeling I get from giving and never expect anything in return. I did send someone a pin they coveted recently however, and that was a great feeling. I can see how sending out grails would be the ultimate rewarding feeling!

Last edited:
People, people, people!!! :soapbox: (climbing back up on the soap box...) you are DENYING me the joy of giving!

I WANT to zap people. No, I don't have grail pins to zap, but even if I have a Hidden Mickey :mickey2:that's on your wants, that should be good, right? Then.... LET ME!

Sending in your address really and truly does NOT make you greedy or asking to be zapped. It just makes it less work for those of us searching.

I contacted a third person for the one address I still need and they don't have it either. I hate to go to that person and say... "Hey, I wanna zap you. I know it won't be a surprise, now, but tough! Gimme the info!" I've done it before, and I'll do it again, but I'd prefer it be a surprise!

Don't be embarrassed. Don't be ashamed. Don't feel like you are asking for free stuff. Maybe you'll get zapped today, maybe next week, maybe next month. Maybe never. But it will for sure be never if we can't get your info.

Ok. Once again, I'm climbing back off. :roll: Zap on, people! :rock:

You are pretty much amazing, Honey! (And thanks for my awesome zap!) I just wish I had more pins so I could zap too but someday I will and it will be awesome to give back!

You are pretty much amazing, Honey! (And thanks for my awesome zap!) I just wish I had more pins so I could zap too but someday I will and it will be awesome to give back!

im fortunate that I have quite a few traders right now and am able to find pins on people's wants! I started out without trades, too, so don't EVER feel bad about not having pins to zap to people! Eventually, you'll be like me (out of control!) and won't be able to help yourself from buying great deals!

keep sending in those addresses! Tiggermickey (Judy) is ready and waiting! She does a super fantastic job of keeping track of everyone's info! I know how much I appreciate it! I couldn't do it without her! Thanks, Judy!

Oh my goodness!!!! Judy has over 10,000 posts!!! Holy crow! She is one posting crazy woman!

Last edited:
I personally would love to get zapped. I'm going to Disney in September and would love just some basic non scrapper pins from anyone with multiples to trade with CMs to improve my collection. :) So yes I would LOVE to get zapped.

Back