• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Docfish2u's sweet auction!!! Ends Sunday June 16th 7pm Disneyland time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Docfish2u's sweet auction!!! Ends Sunday June 16th 7pm Disneyland time

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
:lgm:
Hi Everybody
:wavey:

It is time for my next unusual auction!!!!

So I am probably the only person on here who has bid on an auction to win sweets from across the pond. So I was trying to think of what would be my next different auction and decided it might be fun to do an auction where I put up pins for sweets. This auction will favor those overseas! I am looking for sweets I can't find here in Seattle!!! Now if you have a family recipe that works also!!! I do have a very fond spot for chocolate chip cookies also.

What to bid:
Candy
Cookies
Other types of sweets that I might not be thinking of.

What not to bid:
Stuff with coconut, figs and or nuts in it. Coconut is just wrong and while I do like nuts, they do not need to be inside of other food!!!
:D

So now I am sure you are asking yourself "self what am I bidding on?"

I thought it would be fitting to put up some goodies from the Disney Soda Fountain.

pin95347

Pin 95347: DSF - Oz the Great and Powerful - Finley

pin93586

Pin 93586: DSF - Marquee - Monsters, Inc - Sulley, Mike and Boo

pin77061

Pin 77061: DSF - Having a milkshake at the counter - Alice

pin95384

Pin 95384: DSF - Pin Trader's Delight - Peg #1 - GWP

This is an opportunity for those who don't live in Cali to get some DSF pins!!!

Please tell me which pin you are bidding on and what you are bidding!!!

Let's have some fun with this!!!

It ends Sunday June 16th at 7 pm Disneyland time

Favors overseas? :( but i want that marquee! Probably my only chance to ever get one.

hmmm...
challenge accepted! I shall begin planning and plotting!
Frst, a couple questions. I know you like chocolate, but is dark chocolate better, equal or less preferred? And do you or your family especially like Star Wars?

Ooooo.....hmmmm...Japanese snack box starting to be put together in my mind. HMMM...one question ...should I focus on the unique or more direct to ur taste ?

Favors overseas? :( but i want that marquee! Probably my only chance to ever get one.

hmmm...
challenge accepted! I shall begin planning and plotting!
Frst, a couple questions. I know you like chocolate, but is dark chocolate better, equal or less preferred? And do you or your family especially like Star Wars?

Milk chocolate is my favorite. I love star wars, well the first 3 (episodes 4-6)

Ooooo.....hmmmm...Japanese snack box starting to be put together in my mind. HMMM...one question ...should I focus on the unique or more direct to ur taste ?

Oh, I forgot where you are. :lol: I have heard Japan has lots of unusual sweets. Nothing too out there, like candied squid. I am not sure I could get something like that down.

for the Monster's Inc marquee, I bid a cookie bouquet like this one or one with Jack Skellington, Zero, and Oogie Boogie!

13357_1182467806822_6563173_n.jpg

I will take pictures of about 30 things and posting them for you to choose from. You can choose 10 of those for each bid. I will be bidding on the 3 bottom pins.... I prefer the Marquee but will try for all but the flying monkey. U can choose 10 items for each pin. So if I only win one U can choose 10 ---2 choose 20--- 3 choose 30

Pictures and descriptions of items available will be posted tonight.

For the 2 PTDs, I would like to bid POCKY!:

That's what it looks like. you will receive a large pack, I think it has 6-9 small packs (with 6-9 chocolate covered biscuit sticks inside each pack).

Pocky is awesome, btw. Ever since they started carrying it at Walmart, it's been hard to resist getting some every time I go there ^^;

For the 2 PTDs, I would like to bid POCKY!:

That's what it looks like. you will receive a large pack, I think it has 6-9 small packs (with 6-9 chocolate covered biscuit sticks inside each pack).

Hi Li,

This will be too hard to do a bid for 2 pins in one shot. If you want to divide the box up and go half for each pin that makes my life much easier. I have not seen those up here so great bid!!!

Also, I have been told that the Alice pin is not a ptd pin, as it was not a gwp. Don't know if that matters to you or not.

Just got back from the store and boy did I take a ton of pictures...cant wait to get home to post them...I have to warn you folks...I AM IN IT TO WIN IT. Pockys will also be a part of my bid but wait until you see the flavors.!!!!!

Let's try something a little on the sublime side that I've gotten to taste in the past. A few little somethings from Bernard Callebaut perhaps? Maybe a little chocolate
attachment.php

some chocolate biscuits
attachment.php

and maybe even something a bit different, some sea salt caramel
attachment.php

in a bid for all 4 items. All made by a Belgian chocolatier.

Are we going to be able to have a leaderboard on this auction? ^^; it would make things a LOT easier to keep straight

For the monster inc marquee, I bid a 200g bar of cadburys marvellous creations jelly popping candy chocolate! Hopefully you can't get that over where you are :)

e727b90a88e62892991e097a9df18124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back