• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Doesn't like to collect pin sets?

Doesn't like to collect pin sets?

DiamondDollJeanette

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone else don't like to collect all of a pin set or collection? There's something that bothers me to have more then one or two of a pin set in my collection. Like I bought a pack of Good vs Evil and I've traded nearly all of them away. Maybe it's because allot of pins in sets look similar.

I’m the opposite. I’m all about sets. I’ll sometimes avoid getting a pin because it’s part of a set and it will start me down the route of working on the rest of the set. I like the way the pins in a set look all together. I do collect one offs here and there, but definitely more of a set collector.

I would usually enjoy to have the full set but I don't prioritize finishing sets over other pins I want

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I work to complete sets or any Stitch or Cats. Its satisfying to find the last pin I need to complete the set. I trade to trade, but I always have a list of pins I'm trying to find. Some sets have taken up to 10 years to complete.

I work to complete sets or any Stitch or Cats. Its satisfying to find the last pin I need to complete the set. I trade to trade, but I always have a list of pins I'm trying to find. Some sets have taken up to 10 years to complete.
There’s another good question - longest time it’s taken you to finish a set. I just recently got the last pin for the 2007 In the Parks mystery tin set. Never give up, never surrender!

I can't afford to collect whole sets lol. The only ones I complete are the ones I like the entire theme for-- like Kingdom of Cute, Delicious Drinks, the Nesting Dolls, etc. I have individuals from ones like the Best Friends but no compulsion to get more.

I can't afford to collect whole sets lol. The only ones I complete are the ones I like the entire theme for-- like Kingdom of Cute, Delicious Drinks, the Nesting Dolls, etc. I have individuals from ones like the Best Friends but no compulsion to get more.
Same for me, if I can trade for them I'd like to but I can't usually buy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I collect all the princesses, but only if the pin is full body without backgrounds. So a lot of times, I feel the sets that exist are unique enough that I want them all hahaha I try to complete sets, but I definitely take my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m more character driven then set driven, but I do have a few complete sets that I adore. Every once in a while there will be one that catches my eye that I decide I need to try to complete, the nesting dolls and the Date Nite May I Have This Dance sets come to mind.

I also just get pins I like, even if I'm not going to end up completing the set. Part of that is due to location, and part of it is budget, but mostly I just collect what I like.

I’m not against full sets, but I also don’t feel the need to collect full sets if there are only one or two pins from the set that fit into my collections.

I try to strictly only collect pins I love and will keep in my collection. So far have never found a set where I'd want every one there was

If I am going to collect a set, it is usually hidden mickeys because they are fun to try to find.

I did just recently finish a set @Ajk of DA Princess Profiles - been searching since 2013.
It took me that long to find someone who would trade the Ariel.

Reactions: Ajk
I love mystery sets and Hidden Mickey sets . I don’t necessarily buy pins from monthly releases in order to complete the set. I want the specific pop up books for my collections, and I feel no need to buy them all. However, I love completing a mystery set. I collect mystery sets outside my collection because I like its aesthetic. I love the Main Street Mystery collections from 2016 and they are Mickey and pals. (#notmycollection).

I love mystery sets and Hidden Mickey sets . I don’t necessarily buy pins from monthly releases in order to complete the set. I want the specific pop up books for my collections, and I feel no need to buy them all. However, I love completing a mystery set. I collect mystery sets outside my collection because I like its aesthetic. I love the Main Street Mystery collections from 2016 and they are Mickey and pals. (#notmycollection).
Hidden Mickey sets are a different sort of jam for me. I love completing them, even if I turn around and decide to trade the entire set afterwards. There's a real thrill of the hunt there, minus all the money spent towards boxes/bags.

I’m totally like this. Whatever strikes my fancy at the time. The only “set” I consider of interest is whenever my fiancée and I have stayed on property I like to get a pin from the resort as a souvenir.

Was actually able to find a really cool Bay Lake Tower pin recently at a huge pin collector/reseller in Orlando while on vacation, which was the last resort we stayed at!

I'm pretty much obsessive about collecting complete sets, but for the most part my mom is the opposite, esp for character pins. She just collects the characters she likes and doesn't worry about doing sets.

We drive each other a little nuts sometimes with our opposite approach to collecting!

Anyone else don't like to collect all of a pin set or collection? There's something that bothers me to have more then one or two of a pin set in my collection. Like I bought a pack of Good vs Evil and I've traded nearly all of them away. Maybe it's because allot of pins in sets look similar.
Bottom line......you are not afflicted by The Completist curse!

I’m the opposite. I’m all about sets. I’ll sometimes avoid getting a pin because it’s part of a set and it will start me down the route of working on the rest of the set. I like the way the pins in a set look all together. I do collect one offs here and there, but definitely more of a set collector.
Hmmmmm....I'm getting a flashback to the day I met you at Fairy Tails. LOL.

Reactions: Ajk
Back