• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #17 - FINAL GIVEAWAY - Randomizer's Have Been Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed Game: DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #17 - FINAL GIVEAWAY - Randomizer's Have Been Run!
Oh my gosh! What a fun game and a great way to end things @momin.ator

This is tough, since so many have lent me a helping hand these days (looking at you @momin.ator, @TheMickeyMouseRules @Addicted to Alice Pins, @starry_solo ). Lucky for me, those three have already been nominated (go figure) but one equally as thoughtful and considerate has not been, so that shall be my nomination.

@Booger1964 hosted the most amazing Giveaway in August. Not only did Holly give awesome prizes, she threw in zaps and small gifts and just made the packages so special! I got a Pluto Race Car pin and some special extras that I got to share with my little sister that just blew me away. She didn’t have to do the “extra” but that extra magic made a glum Summer so much happier for me. Holly, thank you for your kindness and I hope this nomination results in a win :)

My favorite character is... you guessed it... Pluto. Haha I grew up with my family dog, I think I was eight when we got her! And ever since then, I’ve loved dogs and have been drawn to the canine characters. Pluto is my favorite because one of the earliest times I remember visiting Disneyland I stood in line to see him and he greeted me with a giant hug and pointed out my Pluto shirt and walked me around to show it off. It was so neat that he made me feel so special and important. Ever since then Pluto is my Top Dawg!

And I don’t have a pic right now but I’ll look for one!

Oh my gosh! What a fun game and a great way to end things @momin.ator

This is tough, since so many have lent me a helping hand these days (looking at you @momin.ator, @TheMickeyMouseRules @Addicted to Alice Pins, @starry_solo ). Lucky for me, those three have already been nominated (go figure) but one equally as thoughtful and considerate has not been, so that shall be my nomination.

@Booger1964 hosted the most amazing Giveaway in August. Not only did Holly give awesome prizes, she threw in zaps and small gifts and just made the packages so special! I got a Pluto Race Car pin and some special extras that I got to share with my little sister that just blew me away. She didn’t have to do the “extra” but that extra magic made a glum Summer so much happier for me. Holly, thank you for your kindness and I hope this nomination results in a win :)

My favorite character is... you guessed it... Pluto. Haha I grew up with my family dog, I think I was eight when we got her! And ever since then, I’ve loved dogs and have been drawn to the canine characters. Pluto is my favorite because one of the earliest times I remember visiting Disneyland I stood in line to see him and he greeted me with a giant hug and pointed out my Pluto shirt and walked me around to show it off. It was so neat that he made me feel so special and important. Ever since then Pluto is my Top Dawg!

And I don’t have a pic right now but I’ll look for one!

I have to say it because your mentioned him as your favorite character - you’re current avatar of Pluto is adorable! Such an awesome artist depiction! :D

There are so many deserving, but I will nominate @DisneyJ, the DPF bot/enabler. He has brought my attention to so many pins and in such a timely manner.

Edit: So my appreciation stands for DisneyJ, but since I did not realize he had been nominated I will change my nominee to @timeerkat. She has been a great pin friend since I joined DPF... and as we all know a great asset for gaining those DSSH pins. :)

My favorite character: Mickey Mouse. Why... it goes back to childhood and @brattyjedi summed it up well (for why I cannot tell you why, I just have loved him since childhood.) As an adult I am sure my continued affection is due to the happy memories from my childhood which I associate with Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:
There are some many people I would nominate. Some already chosen so I'll add @docfish2u and @Pecosace if I can!

Docfish2u was the first person ever to zap me, way back in the day! Pecosace recently spent some of his own time at WDW to grab me some cool Halloween pins!

I have so many favorite characters! Somehow Pluto has become my favorite, even though I wouldn't call myself a dog person. I just love him in all the classic cartoons though. I really love Dr. Faciller, Chewbacca, Chip & Dale, Madame Leota and bunches of others too!

Here I am with Pluto! Which is a very old picture!
My Avatar picture is me with Chewie!
2d19f62128f5fa51cbce7398d645e289.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you mominator for putting on a such a great final game. There are many members on here that deserve to get recognition but I would like to nominate one of DPF’s moderators, Ksnuggles, for helping out the forum and making sure each year’s Secret Santas go smoothly. :)

This 2nd part of this game reminds me of an activity that we did as a new CM on Main Street Ops; we had to introduce ourselves as well as our favorite Disney character. I’ve always had a soft spot for Chip(& Dale) since watching C&D Rescue Rangers and the old shorts via early Disney Channel reruns; I would also associate them my twin and I.

Probably my most interesting story involving Chip would be as a CM as I was heading onstage. As I’m holding the gate for Chip and the character attendant, He suddenly grabs me in a big bear hug. The friend of Chip then whispers to me that she would like to trade for the Clarice HM pin on my CM lanyard, motioning for the character attendant to do a quick trade. She had been looking for the pin for quite awhile and was estatic to finally find it; Who knew that Chip could be an avid pin trader lol...

Last edited:
I think I am up-to-date at this point. Please let me know if I have missed anyone. :)

Also, I think it would be ok to nominate a person more than once. I looked back at Game #1 and some people were nominated more than once. Let me know if you disagree. :)

Last edited:
I think I am up-to-date at this point. Please let me know if I have missed anyone. :)

Also, I think it would be ok to nominate a person more than once. I looked back at Game #1 and some people were nominated more than once. Let me know if you disagree. :)

It’s your call really, but you could consider having multiple entries for the same person as a separate entry. I would probably consider weighing either multiple entries for the same person vs nominating multiple people in a post as both have the potential to impact the entry lists significantly...

There are so many I’d like to nominate. This forum is full of so many kind, helpful, and generous people! Since I’ve nominated most that come to mind before, or they’ve already been nominated, I’ll go with a recently-found-out-to-be-local-to-me forum friend... @stitchismyspiritanimal. It’s nice to have a fellow NTX pin trader in the group. He’s a great trader and always on the lookout to help provide info. I look forward to going to local events again and being able to trade in person!

And favorite character is as hard as picking someone to nominate, but I’ll go with one that also provided a favorite “character” meet... Belle. Not only was it a favorite memory from my favorite trip, but Beauty and the Beast has always been near and dear to my heart... I immediately identified with Belle as a kid, and have loved her and the movie ever since.

I’ve included the first pic as my meeting “Belle” but my favorite meet was THE Belle... the one and only Paige O’Hara!

e564ea46e3db1adbbbfc08372621b12d.jpg

4a22466da85e7187f5cc5232d1c3f8f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can pick someone already on the list I nominate Stratasfan (Oops! Somehow her name got deleted when I posted). I traded with her and she is just the sweetest person! She is also always supportive of others on the forum and a positive presence.

My favorite character is Belle, but specifically in her blue dress. I love that she likes to read and when I was little I liked that she looked a little like me. She isn’t afraid of being different, and even further she celebrates those that are different. I think that’s awesome!

So I DON’T have a picture with her, but I have a picture of ME dressed as her. Does that count? Lol
cc9f196b408af89dbcebf0618c66edc1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for a fun game! This has been such a fun way to celebrate the pin-trading community here. :)
I'd like to nominate @Rick195275 -- He's just been an amazing friend here. Sis and I have traded with him several times, and he went above and beyond to help me get a grail pin (Scented Dole Whip).

I don't know how to pick a favorite Disney character. That's hard. I mean, I know that Baby Yoda is a Disney character . . . but Star Wars seems like its own thing and not a "true" Disney character choice. I love Beauty and the Beast, but there's no way I can pick just one favorite. But Sis and I have always been fans of Chip and Dale and share a C&D pin collection (Chip pins are hers, Dale are mine and pairs split). So, here is a picture of us back in 1991 with C&D -- and a bonus picture from the same era with Pluto!

i.php

i.php

I'm sitting on the other side of the pond I hope that's not a problem. (EDIT: just as Papaya formulated it, feel free to not include me in the pool :) )Well I'm only here to nominate my chatbuddies, who have been nothing but kind to me even though I'm not a collector: @MischiefMade @Tokaji (and a few other nice people who are already nominated)
My favourite character is Mulan (if I have to chose just one but I like so many)she is so funny and balances strenght, wit, and fun so well. Unfortunately I 've never met any character since I've never been to any of those places they are to be found. Maybe one day. :)

Last edited:
I'm also located in Europe, so please feel free to NOT include me in the possible winners poll. Still, I'd like to nominate some kind people from here. Not sure if everyone is still active, but here it goes.

I nominate:

- @LittleBird for being so very generous as to offer me the best deal I ever had in my pin life. I still happy cry about it!
- @stratasfan and @Pecosace for all their kindness and lovely chats! And for being patient with me in time of my absence on the forum :oops:
- @Snoffsan for being the very first person I pin traded with :) and for all the kindness!
- @Disneychildwithin for helping me get many of my mystery pins grails and for being so nice! :donald:
- @Meritre for being soo kind as to send me screenshots of the last missing chapter of Bambi the original book!! Thank you!
- @imp for kickstarting my pin collection with her amazing sale and for great first impression of the forum :)

My fav Disney character is Donald Duck. Back when I was little, Donald cartoons were being aired on tv in the "Good Night" slot for children, so I watched them before going to sleep. My parents also bought me a lot of Donald comics and I loved these even more than the cartoons. You can't help but pity his misfortunes and laugh at his short temper, so that's why he's my favorite! Don't have a photo with him as I've never been to parks though.

aww @Papaya So happy to have made your first trade a good memory!

Im going to nominate @Mixedwolf They have helped me so many times with shopping and holing mail in the US for me. And Im so happy we finallu got to meet last year!

When it comes to favorite character its so hard. Has to be Minnie or Olaf. I have met them both so will come back with a photo when I can upload one.

I need to make a correction on my nomination I put down her name but her online is SwimtoSea, maybe she is not on here but she used to be, she is a long time Disney friend.
Still favorite character is Remy, love that movie

Thank you for running this great giveaway! Sad that this is the last one,I missed them all because i wasn't on here. I would like to nominate poohlady5 for being a fantastic friend and their amazing friendship!
My favorite Disney character is a hard question to answer because i love so many and it's a long list but possibly Tod from the Fox and the Hound,One of the first Disney movies i saw at the cinema. Unfortunately he isn't a character to meet at Disneyland Paris so i don't have a photo sorry.

I nominate @summerskin for her generosity (surprised with zaps of our characters) and encouraging team player during @CanaDaLE (who I see has already been nominated and rightfully so) interactive game. I also echo @stratasfan nomination ; she was first to zap me and very much appreciate her kindness :)

My favorite character is Mulan for her courage, relatability, and inspiration; I have not had the fortune to meet her though I came close to seeing her voice actress!

I want to nominate @coblj003 who sent me a great birthday surprise!

My favorite Disney character is a hard question, so many to choose from. Though baby me was not a fan of any Disney character Meet-and-Greets. Thank you to @Pecosace for getting me all the autographs since I was too busy crying! (I think I would be much braver now meeting Dopey)
6JM0iPn.jpg

I am really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures. I like the old ones and the new. Thank you for sharing.

Here is a picture I love. My youngest (a long time ago). She always thought it was funny that Pluto signed his autograph on his nose.
10046076_00a89266dca744ffced83a9bc33fab52.jpg

Last edited:
I am really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures. I like the old ones and the new. Thank you for sharing.

Here is a picture I love. My youngest (a long time ago). She always thought it was funny that Pluto signed his autograph on his nose.
Too adorable! She definitely had taste :p

That’s Disney magic captured right there! ;) I just love when moments like that can be caught on camera <3 thanks for sharing!!

What a great way to end the giveaways!
Thinking about the nominations and looking at those that are already nominated, I see so many as my picks. But there are even more not listed. I don’t want to leave anyone out but it can’t be helped. I would like to nominate @chubs191 who has always helped those in need (and I love her wooden badges that she made for us). Since there is only one nomination per person (I’m from NJ so rules don’t apply), I would also like to mention @fuzzybunny. She is always so friendly at the CJDPT events.

My favorite character? Mulan of course! Not just the cute stuff, but she gets down to Business! A great role model.
ab5eed3cad29aeec24c0727919e88fc1.jpg

Time flies. My “big” one is 19 today!

Bcol is right there are a lot out there that are helpful and friendly as well, good luck to all the nominees, hopefully we get to see each other in person sooner than later, and Mulan does get down to business.

I'm going to nominate @Ajk for sharing the photos of their delightful bunny and for always helping keep on track during games. You always make me smile with your sense of humor. Your photos always help provide a pick me up and a little ray of sunshine during this time. I know I'm not alone when I say I appreciate your friendship here.

I don't have any photos of me meeting my favorite Disney character as that was something I haven't done since the movie came out. My favorite Disney character is Lilo because she knows who she is, believes everyone is deserving of love and is capable of good, and is just has an awesome personality. She also highly values family and knows that non blood relations can also be part of your forever family.

Thank you for such a generous and fun contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back