• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #7
Okay, first you need to stop being so hard on yourself; your prizes are lovely and your challenge is amazing! If I had to speculate as to why there's a delay in responses/participants, I would guess it has to do with a combination of:

1. the storm that is wreaking havoc along the east coast
2. the ongoing pandemic that (sadly) has become our new (temporary) normal
3. the desire to present a well-constructed and thoughtful answer that's worthy of your challenge, which takes time to prepare

Just be patient and give people time; I think replies will come in as the week progresses.
Agreed. For me it's mostly #3, combined with my limited artistic/creative capabilities. But working on it and hope to have something eventually.

I would be totally honored!

d39e362f8335cad3356f35b897e58a08.gif

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Part 1 of my entry

Imagine yourself as a Disney character!

Coming to a theatre near you... A Jolting Frozen Tale ... yes, that’s right. We’re not done with this franchise but this time it’s not about making money!

The story continues, only we’re picking up where the first movie left off. Hans is returning home. And he is not eager to reunite with his eleven brothers. They’re bigger than him, they’ve always been mean, and NOW they will be displeased that his simple task of marrying a princess to take over Arendelle did not go well.

He’s on the ship. It’s not a good ride. But he may have better chances swimming...

On the ship, there is...

Would you be a good guy or a bad guy? Hero, princess, villain, mentor, supporting character, or something else entirely?

Story! A happy sailor who wants to be an optimistic first mate one day! She says she wants to be optimistic because her thoughts gravitate toward cynicism more than she’s like, and she says first mate because being captain would be too much pressure! By the looks of her on the trailer, I’m pretty sure she’s going to be the unsuspecting mentor...

Would you choose to look as you do now, or change your appearance somehow? What would your outfit/costume look like?

Story grew up in Arendelle so her clothes would resonate with their manner of dress only seafaring appropriate. Maybe a bit like Anna’s adventuring clothes only cerulean blue and a dark green hooded shawl. She immediately had to ditch the shawl when boarding her dream of sailing, tho, since it isn’t appropriate for swashbuckling. She took to setting sail for the first time after the winter freeze blew over, and coincidentally she was assigned to the shop Hans was being taken on. Story grew up in a loving home - a very ordinary girl...

Would you any super powers, like Rapunzel’s glowing/healing hair, Peter Pan’s flight, or Elsa’s ice magic?

But something happened one day that she didn’t want her family to worry about. The freeze alerted her to the power she had. When the house was too cold for the furnace to be able to start, her brother stepped away from his hard work of fixing it. Story sighed and hit the furnace out of frustration. Lightning jolted from her hands and ignited a fire! (4th wall break - since this is my movie, I get to decide how science works! Beat that, 10th grade science teacher!)

Fearing for her family’s safety since (a doy!) hidden powers are sort of a big deal in Arendelle, she decided once the freeze was over that she was going to try to find a way to get rid of her powers. And since her dream was always to become a first mate, it was a very convenient cover story...

Would you have a sidekick (maybe your pet in real life, or a magical creature you’ve always admired)? What would they look like and how would they act?

The trailer for the movie shows Story hugging her little Persian kitten Mason before setting off on her adventure. Mason isn’t all that understanding of the details of her quest, but he is a little hopeful that she’s successful since every time she hugs him, his fur keeps getting staticky.

... Part 2 in next post...

Part 2 of my entry​

Answer the above questions, then draw a picture, make a themed collage/mood board, or write a short story or poem about your character.

Hans gasped and finally it was a gasp of relief as he felt the sand of the shores at last in his clutches.

It was a small price to pay, braving the torrents of the sea after unlocking his cell in the dead of night to jump in a rafter that didn’t even work... but like the heck of a guy he was, he braved it all. Just so he could go anywhere but home.

Hans coughed as he staggered to his feet and looked at the deserted island in front of him. Alone.

At least he assumed it was deserted. And at least he assumed he was alone.

“You have a lot of gall!”

Hans turned around in an arrogantly sloppy fashion which is something not many would attempt except that he was soaking wet from the ocean and his ego had no other choice.

“Who’s there!” He commanded.

Story picked a starfish off her leg and gently released it back into the ocean with a blissful wave before she heel turned back to the staunch would be king and glowered.

“The person who you was sleeping in the raft you stole!”

Hans furrowed his brow. “Why were you in there?”

“Because everyone knew it didn’t work and I just assumed that no one would be foolish enough to try and use it!”

Hans stopped listening to the peasant before he was even finished asking his own question. He turned away from her with a dismissive wave of his hand.

“Whatever the matter, I’m not going to baby sit you so you’ll have better chances swimming.”

Story stamped her foot and stomped over to Hans before she stood in his way and pointed at him with glaring insistence that she had never successfully before used in her life.

“Look, I’m not the one who got us in this mess and I certainly am not going to try my chances with the sea. We’re going to the nearest village”-

“It’s a deserted island,” Hans piously scoffed.

“Noo it’s not!”

Hans looked to where story was pointing and his argument lost all steam when he saw smoke traveling in the sky from an evening fire.

“It’s”-

“Motunui. Anyone with any sense would recognize it!”

“Eh”-

“So we’ll hope they are gracious enough to give us a boat and you will help me get what I need so we can both go home!”

Hans felt his ears hurt at the shrillness that Story’s voice became considering the nerve she has mustered was quickly waning. He then kinked his neck and looked at Story squarely.

“I will ask them for a boat for myself. You will figure out what you want or need to ... do...”

Story was at the brink of frustration as she continued to point at Hans accusatively. Because her frustration level had been met, she did not realize the Static she was feeling was now showing up wrapped around the very hand that was pointed at Hans. She only noticed it when Han trailed off and his expression became pale as he looked at the sparks from Story’s hand.

Story looked down and it dawned on her that Hans was afraid of powers. “Explains a lot!” She mused. She was not a malovent person by nature, so Hans had nothing to fear.

But he didn’t have to know that.

Story looked back at Hans and smiled mischievously.

“Oh, you’ll be helping me, Prince.”

Coming to an imagination near you!

/Thanks for the really fun writing opportunity Sora! Really helped get the writing energy flowing for my other project! ;) Hope some enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I'd imagine myself as a main character in a Treasure Planet sequel as one of Jim Hawkin's classmates at the Interstellar Academy. She'd be his main rival in solar sailing and shooting until their journey begins.
Would you be a good guy or a bad guy? Hero, princess, villain, mentor, supporting character, or something else entirely?
A rival at first, but eventually to become a good guy.
Would you choose to look as you do now, or change your appearance somehow? What would your outfit/costume look like?
I'd be gender swapped of course. I'd imagine something a little bit elfish though with its own alien species name. She'd have a short haircut, neon green hair, pointed ears, brown eyes, and freckles. She'd be taller than Jim to make her more imposing and her outfit would be a brown leather vest, a black undershirt, and pants of some kind good for all manner of acrobatics.
Would you any super powers, like Rapunzel’s glowing/healing hair, Peter Pan’s flight, or Elsa’s ice magic?
The power to blink/teleport just a few feet in any direction. She uses it very strategically and doesn't abuse it, only using it in extremely dangerous combat situations and for the occasional prank.
Would you have a sidekick (maybe your pet in real life, or a magical creature you’ve always admired)? What would they look like and how would they act?
Since she's not the main character I think a sidekick would distract from the story.

I'm imagining her in a main role in this Treasure Planet sequel where after an introduction at the Interstellar Academy Jim was recruited to at the end of the first movie, he returns home to find a distress call from his father locked in a puzzle like the map from the first movie. She agrees to go with him on a journey to save his father along with Amelia, Doctor Doppler, and this time his mother. I'd imagine she and Amelia would bond with their time on the ship, and I'm imagining several well executed acrobatic shots from the top of the crows nest from my character. This would lead them through a harrowing journey through far off planets to find that Jim's father was a member of a secret agency that was the legacy of Pirate Captain Flint, who built the original Treasure Planet. This society was assigned by Flint to scour the galaxy for a successor to Flint. Upon retrieving his father, in a break from every cliche I already used here, my character is declared the successor to Flint and inherits his starship. This plotline would probably not get greenlighted without some serious editing and it's late so apologies if the last paragraph makes no sense at all but wanted to get it out before I forgot!

Loving the new stories!!

Great superpowers, @Story & @akarih. I love the idea of close teleportation. Like Nightcrawler from the X-Men! Also... picturing a staticky Persian kitten makes me grin. >^..^<

Updated Entries so far
(Please let me know if I skipped anybody!)

1. Bingandnelsonfan
2. Starry_solo
3. Rick195275
4. Stratasfan
5. Momin.ator
6. Story
7. Akarih

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up at a slightly backwards entry I think and maybe this isn’t right, but here goes...

The most important question for me to answer first is the sidekick one. I wanted to do something with my husband as my sidekick and incorporate some of who we both are. I’m a historian who loves to read. He’s an engineer who tinkers with things. Somehow, not completely sure why, that got me thinking of the old Walt Disney introductions to the movies and shows on TV (Walt Disney Presents, Wonderful World of Disney, etc.). My idea developed completely from there.

It isn’t exactly a character but I want my own Disney+ TV show where each episode looks in depth at an attraction in one of the theme parks around the world. There could be live action bits of us at the attraction and interviewing people and there could be animated bits of us changed into whatever style best fits that attraction (us as ghosts at the Haunted Mansion, us as dolls in Small World, us hanging out with Figment, etc) to spice things up. I’d do the archival history of the attraction - how the idea originated and how it has changed over time - and my husband would do the engineering mechanics - how it actually works and functions.

I made us a very poor attempt at a title slide for an episode using a recent vacation photo. Our three most recent Disney vacations were a cruise, Disney World, and a cruise (in that order), but all the Disney World photos I could find on my phone had other family members in them so a cruise it is.

bf596f18918f29f4e3e1f10fb4e1ca3a.jpg

I ended up at a slightly backwards entry I think and maybe this isn’t right, but here goes...

The most important question for me to answer first is the sidekick one. I wanted to do something with my husband as my sidekick and incorporate some of who we both are. I’m a historian who loves to read. He’s an engineer who tinkers with things. Somehow, not completely sure why, that got me thinking of the old Walt Disney introductions to the movies and shows on TV (Walt Disney Presents, Wonderful World of Disney, etc.). My idea developed completely from there.

It isn’t exactly a character but I want my own Disney+ TV show where each episode looks in depth at an attraction in one of the theme parks around the world. There could be live action bits of us at the attraction and interviewing people and there could be animated bits of us changed into whatever style best fits that attraction (us as ghosts at the Haunted Mansion, us as dolls in Small World, us hanging out with Figment, etc) to spice things up. I’d do the archival history of the attraction - how the idea originated and how it has changed over time - and my husband would do the engineering mechanics - how it actually works and functions.

I made us a very poor attempt at a title slide for an episode using a recent vacation photo. Our three most recent Disney vacations were a cruise, Disney World, and a cruise (in that order), but all the Disney World photos I could find on my phone had other family members in them so a cruise it is.

bf596f18918f29f4e3e1f10fb4e1ca3a.jpg

I would TOTALLY watch that show! Great idea.

I would definitely be a good guy and could be the hero but may end up being a supporting character. I cannot wait to travel and visit many countries and explore different customs and cultures so this would be very accurate for me! I would be a treasure hunter type (similar to Indiana Jones) and am maybe part of the crew for whatever expedition is ongoing in the story. I would look the same, albeit a bit older in age to be more experienced and would have that classic Indiana Jones treasure hunting look! I wouldn't have any superpowers but would have a sharp mind for clue solving and navigating. My sidekick would most likely be a monkey to help me get in tight spaces and grab treasure high up to places I cannot climb to.

Here is a poem for my character:
Pecosace goes on world-wide quests,
searching around for treasure that he seeks,
he may think he is the best,
all it takes is a little peek.

Many countries visited in his plane,
all sorts of transportation he rides,
boat, automobile, or train,
he won't give up no matter how many tries.

Thank you for hosting this giveaway :) I always enjoy being creative!

I would definitely be a good guy and could be the hero but may end up being a supporting character. I cannot wait to travel and visit many countries and explore different customs and cultures so this would be very accurate for me! I would be a treasure hunter type (similar to Indiana Jones) and am maybe part of the crew for whatever expedition is ongoing in the story. I would look the same, albeit a bit older in age to be more experienced and would have that classic Indiana Jones treasure hunting look! I wouldn't have any superpowers but would have a sharp mind for clue solving and navigating. My sidekick would most likely be a monkey to help me get in tight spaces and grab treasure high up to places I cannot climb to.

Here is a poem for my character:
Pecosace goes on world-wide quests,
searching around for treasure that he seeks,
he may think he is the best,
all it takes is a little peek.

Many countries visited in his plane,
all sorts of transportation he rides,
boat, automobile, or train,
he won't give up no matter how many tries.

Thank you for hosting this giveaway :) I always enjoy being creative!

Great poem! Thanks for entering.

I would like to say a defacto support character(side-kick), though 1/2 of a super hero team.

A bit average/normal (kinda Ron Stoppable) looking agent type apparel.

He actually doesn’t have any super powers at all per say(think wonder twins). He is 1/2 of the key to unlocking his sibling’s super powers and this forces him to remain in relative proximity during school hours...

Even though he is a sidekick himself, he does has a tiny robotic assistant to help in times of turmoil...

Answer the above questions, then draw a picture, make a themed collage/mood board, or write a short story or poem about your character. You may also opt to put together a costume out of things you have around the house and do a photo shoot! (Basically, I just want you to get creative. Have fun with this!)

It’s a shame that Sky High never got an expanded universe beyond the first movie, a little expansion from on the premise could make a good series. They’re Super Heroes, a side-kick, a normie??? Norm(an), code-named Extra“ordinary”, is the only normal human enrolled in Sky-high.

Norm is actually above average in terms for a traditional student(decent grades, above average strength and agility for a typical human teen), but his status as of having no powers keeps him in the side-kick class. His sibling is of the popular Hero clique, he falls into the outcasts due to his lack of powers. On the other hand, his small robotic assistant does keep him out of any major harm that comes his way...

Similar to another DCM, his status as a normie comes to light in his character arc as a villain has found a way to nerf his opponents powers...

^Sky High? I loved that movie and wished for more too.

I would like to be a character with magical powers like a witch.
My outfit would be long black robes with dark purple accents and subtle moon/star designs.
Yes I would have power to fly, teleport, and invisibility,
so that I can travel and learn all about the world, freely as I please.
My sidekick would be a creature that flies so a bird who I shall call Lilac.

Here's my mood board/collage:

This game has been so much fun to follow! Love everyone’s entries! The varying branches of creativity are inspiring!

also I agree, @coblj003 , sky high was such a worthy concept to expand on! Who knows? Maybe Disney + will give them that freedom too one day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back