• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Pin Resleases and Pin Trading 7.28.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Pin Resleases and Pin Trading 7.28.12
I wish I could go... I really want some of these pins but it's kind of pointless for me to go because I can't stay there the night before and there will be a long line way before 6am. :(

MMiano said:
I wish I could go... I really want some of these pins but it's kind of pointless for me to go because I can't stay there the night before and there will be a long line way before 6am. :(

Just go to the event. People will be trading them I'm sure:)

No! It's too early to start planning this! Otherwise people will be showing up tonight! Weirdos like dalakersnumba1. ;) Ha! we will all figure it out next Friday, how bout that?

Also Marvin, I have ur lanyard? Mail or hold?

Hold please!!! I can send you the payment now through PayPal if you'd like and I can just get it from you either this weekend or next at the DSF. Or I can give you cash on site, etc. Thanks!

And how about this... these pins are meh... people won't need to line up until 5am that Saturday morning! ;)

Hahahahahahahahaha

Unfortunately I only have two traders to speak of.. I'm really new to the whole pin collecting/trading experience. :)

Give it time.... But yes, having a bigger trading collection would be helpful but my best advice is to buy pins you want over buying "traders" unless they are highly sought after but not a lot of people have a ton of money to drop on those types of pins or investing time (camping out) for popular pins. :/ Just give it time... You will get there. Everyone started at one pin at one point in their life.

Give it time.... But yes, having a bigger trading collection would be helpful but my best advice is to buy pins you want over buying "traders" unless they are highly sought after but not a lot of people have a ton of money to drop on those types of pins or investing time (camping out) for popular pins. :/ Just give it time... You will get there. Everyone started at one pin at one point in their life.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

+1. Definitely buy pins you want. I do think I have a Pinocchio PODM that you have on your wants list. Have to go find it (that's the next step).

+1. Definitely buy pins you want. I do think I have a Pinocchio PODM that you have on your wants list. Have to go find it (that's the next step).

Ooooh.. Yes! Love the PODM pins. I'd like to get all of them one day. I just started collecting them. My very first "pin release" was the Tangled one and I also have The Little Mermaid one as well. :)

What time is everyone planing on showing up anyhow?

I was wondering the same thing.. but I am just so afraid it's going to be like Brave when everyone camped out wayyy early. I was planning on coming Friday, I work so it has to be after that.. but don't fret guys where ever I am, I will bring my massage chair. I am holding to my word on the one and I will post where I am in line. (;

I'm not interested in buying any of those pins but I'd love to go for the trading! I'll have to see how next week goes before I can commit to attending.

I'm debating whether to show up yet. I might just show up for the event and trade for the new pins there. So many people going to buy them to trade that eventually they will just trade easily.

So, when is everybody going to be showing up for this?? Who's camping out?? I have a feeling that people that are going to the Lion King PODM release Thursday will head over to the DSF after, just like they did for the Brave pins.

So, when is everybody going to be showing up for this?? Who's camping out?? I have a feeling that people that are going to the Lion King PODM release Thursday will head over to the DSF after, just like they did for the Brave pins.
IDK about that only because the lion king release is thursday so if people went to dsf right after lion king they be there sleeping on the floor for 2 nights cuz the dsf release is sat morning. if that the case count me out if it was for tangled maybe 2 days sleep but not for these LOL

Don't even start Johnny... LOL ... We as a society of traders must draw a line somewhere... I will give a good smack to the back of the head (Like Gibbs from NCIS) to any idiot who stays there 2 nights... You cannot think that we are that crazy could you??? Well it is only another 21 hours on top of the already 22 we all do since this starts earlier... NO NO NO!!! WE WILL NOT... STAND BY ME ALL!!!

Don't even start Johnny... LOL ... We as a society of traders must draw a line somewhere... I will give a good smack to the back of the head (Like Gibbs from NCIS) to any idiot who stays there 2 nights... You cannot think that we are that crazy could you??? Well it is only another 21 hours on top of the already 22 we all do since this starts earlier... NO NO NO!!! WE WILL NOT... STAND BY ME ALL!!!
LOL like i said Tangled maybe (huge maybe) !!!! HAHA but not these thats crazy talk! 2 days of not showering in this heat no thanks gross LOL

Just like KittyCabot23 said, I think Johnny just didn't realize that this release isn't a Friday release like the Brave pins were for opening day.

Oh no, i know they're released on Saturday. I had to ask for a day off from work for the release. But whatever, it was a simple question.

Sadly i wont be able to make it to my first overnight pin release, oh well there will always be a next time. Really wanted to get the toy story pin though, reminded me of when i was 5 and my dad took me to see the movie when it came out and heading over to burger king afterwards and getting a toy story toy with my kids meal. Anyways have fun everyone who will be going :) looking forward to meeting you guys some other time.

Good to see DSF is making a lot of fair new rules :) DSF is great like that!
Did you see the comment someone posted about distributing tickets from the back of the line to the front? That makes no sense at all lol.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back