• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Release - May 19 - Pirates 4 Skull Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang...i thought they just did the POTC pin thing on sat. Makes it hard to keep track of so many things going on.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE PINS !! :)

It's the LE1000 that gets me... is that 3rd zero supposed to be there? Has DSF ever done a pin this large in edition? Can someone say SALE BIN!

Oh, and if pirate pins you're after... WDI will be releasing yet another sorcerer hat collection this weekend themed to pirates. Yay!

The DSF Pirates 4 - 4 Skull Pin is an LE 1000 BUT 600 are being given to the people who are attending the 4 pirates movie event being held on Thursday at the El Capitan Theater. That leaves 400 being sold in the store with the 600 people being able to buy it there as well.

I believe that the WDI pins are Pirate hat pins NOT Sorcerer Hats but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I believe that the WDI pins are Pirate hat pins NOT Sorcerer Hats but I could be wrong.

You know... to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention. I heard hats and assumed sorcerer hats. Could go either way I guess,

For WDI releases, you either have to be a CM or a guest of a CM. Every now and then, there are D23 visits.

LE 1000? I do not think so. I do understand that of the 600 given for free, 1/3 may be pin collectors and the rest may never be released into the pin community but LE 1000. + 400 will be in the mainstreem for traders and collectors and eventually in the bargin bin for $12. . I am so glad it is not a Suprise Pin. Hey I may be out there after the movie is over the trade of buy the pin off of a movie goer? A family of 4 may want to unload at least one of them?

I will need the LE 150 Pirates Sorcerer Hat if there is one.

Nice pin, and I'd like one, but the $30 price tag seems a bit much. Their recent Jumbo was not much more than this pin... Maybe is made of silver or something.

I just called the store, they said in LE 1000, but they are not giving them away to the marathon guests. I guess they made this pin for the trilogy marathon in 2007 and it was also an LE 1000.

I talked to the pin manager at the Soda Fountain and she told me that 600 of the LE 1000 were going to the marathon movie people. The 2007 pin was an LE 500. The Toy Story 1,2,3 pin was also an LE 500 and was released at the Toy Story Marathon Movie Event. The left overs were sold. I have 1st hand knowledge of this.

Someone actually has it listed for $150 on eBay, two to be exact, LOL...a brand new LE 1000!

So I guess I'm not the only one who misinterpreted the ad! Any reviews of the pin? I was so tempted to drive over and pick one up, but then thought I already have several pins very similar.

yanno what I think about this pin is that in two, maybe three years time there will be a pin with six skulls on it. If the rumors are true and 'on stranger tides' is the start of a new Pirates trilogy there will eventually be a pin with all six logo pins on it. I'd prefare to wait for that it will be so much more special.

It's like buing the harry potter films 'packs' when they havn't released all of them on dvd yet! You just know there will be an extra super dooper special set released when 7 pt 2 is released with tonnes of shiny extras.

after POTC 6 super shiny 6 skull pin, I'll wait for that XD!

I got my Skull pin today and I'm really pleased with it! The pin measures 5 inches wide by 2.25 inches tall, overall its a HUGE pin. Attached is a better image of it.....

POTCSkulls4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back