• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSSH Anna and Hans coronation has been counterfeited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSSH Anna and Hans coronation has been counterfeited!
It doesn't look fake at all, just scrapped; two entirely different things. Yes, if it was scrapped and sent to the parks to be distributed it wouldn't have the backer card, but you could definitely just print that out. They stated that they got it from the parks, and I have to be on their side on this one. I've found plenty of LE scrappers on CM lanyards. This looks like a classic case of quality control scrapped and they finally released them out into the parks.

These people are so lucky to have gotten that pin off a lanyard, but they certainly shouldn't be selling it for as much as a retail pin. If anyone happens to come across this pin in the park and wants to trade for it, I'll totally take it of your hands to add to my collection!

It doesn't look fake at all, just scrapped; two entirely different things. Yes, if it was scrapped and sent to the parks to be distributed it wouldn't have the backer card, but you could definitely just print that out. They stated that they got it from the parks, and I have to be on their side on this one. I've found plenty of LE scrappers on CM lanyards. This looks like a classic case of quality control scrapped and they finally released them out into the parks.

These people are so lucky to have gotten that pin off a lanyard, but they certainly shouldn't be selling it for as much as a retail pin. If anyone happens to come across this pin in the park and wants to trade for it, I'll totally take it of your hands to add to my collection!

Most counterfeit sellers will tell you that they got it in the parks and their pins are 100% tradeable. Most of them are nowhere near the parks (not in FL and not in CA). There is one near DLR, but she typically sells out of her garage.

The DSSH Jessica dancing pins have been found on lanyards in FL.

$_1.JPG

That same purple background... haha
$_1.JPG

Is the one woth the purple background a known fake seller? If so, I might have just bought a fake pin :facepalm:.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Most counterfeit sellers will tell you that they got it in the parks and their pins are 100% tradeable. Most of them are nowhere near the parks (not in FL and not in CA). There is one near DLR, but she typically sells out of her garage.

The DSSH Jessica dancing pins have been found on lanyards in FL.

My only concern is that I've never seen a documented case of pin on pin elements counterfeited successfully. I would think it's more likely that they bought them from the factory that manufactured the originals, meaning they are scrappers or fakes done using the same molds.

If there is a known pin on pin counterfeit that looks as good as this pin does, I would say it's possible. Until the buyers complain about it or we figure can actually see the real pin they're selling (assuming the picture may not be the pin getting shipped), I would say this is a witch hunt without a jury. There's just not enough evidence to definitively say whether it's a scrapper or a fake, even if the seller has been known to sell fakes in the past.

The real concern here for me is if they've learned how to counterfeit with new technologies making it much harder to detect a fake and it develops into a sort of hysteria for the pin world. So far fakes have actually bolstered both interest in pins and sales for Disney. I know that many people's view on this is that Disney should be doing everything they can to stop these people, but they don't really want to because at the end of the day they still make money if you buy a $20 lot off ebay and end up buying one pin from them that cost $14.95. Counterfeits are a gateway drug for new collectors.

From the photo's it looks like they only messed up on the spacing right? The fakes have their faces overlapping a little along with some other sizing issues.
$_1.JPG
pin102860

FAKE ON EBAY vs. REAL FROM PINPICS

I really want this pin…guess it's good that this was brought up

I saw two of these questionable pins at the DSSH release today. The owner of one said it was gifted to them. The owner of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] was not able to confirm that it had been purchased at DSSH the day of its release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back