• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ebay scrapper sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay scrapper sellers.

minniemad0110

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Today, I received two scrappers in the post after ordering off ebay.
Yes I know that it was very naive and I was opening myself up for it, but I feel that we need a place where we can name and shame some scrapper sellers.

So I bought these two pins off *edited*
They were the already highly scrapped, small world african and chinese girl.
Yes I know it was a very big risk, but lets keep this thread open to help others from avoiding buying scrappers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used this seller before and got scrappers too! I bought some hidden mickey pins and a jasmine pin and they all were all scrappers! I don't know if the seller realises that they are scrappers but I'm really sorry this happened to you as well :( There are some good sellers on ebay but it can be difficult to tell, I think there was a thread on here somewhere about good/bad ebay sellers. Hope this doesn't happen to you again :(

OK, I knew you couldn't list eBay names of bad sellers, but I guess I always assumed it would be OK to list the eBay names of good sellers. Live and learn.

I understand that it's frustrating and upsetting to purchase pins only to find out later that they're dodgy and while I appreciate your wanting to warn the community, I must remind you to only discuss the pins and pin purchases themselves. Please refrain from naming any eBay sellers here; if you are really upset, report them to eBay and Disney for selling counterfeit/scrapper pins and leave appropriate feedback (after all, that's what the feedback system is for and it can't work unless it's used as intended).

OK, I knew you couldn't list eBay names of bad sellers, but I guess I always assumed it would be OK to list the eBay names of good sellers. Live and learn.
The reason it's best not to name any eBay sellers, good or bad, is because, well, you might have had a good experience with seller 'Jane Smith' but someone else might have had a horrible one ... and that, in turn, would lead to a debate as to whether 'Jane Smith' is a good seller or a bad seller. It's much better not to have the discussion of any eBay sellers on the forum.

I think it would be helpful though for buyers to know which sellers to avoid. Sorry for mentioning names though.
Completely understandable. That's where feedback comes in, although people tend to leave feedback for quality of shipping, not necessarily the pins themselves. If you receive pins that are substandard (dodgy, counterfeit, scrappers), report the seller to eBay, leave feedback that reflects that so other buyers who check the score will know, and report them to Disney's anti-piracy division.

I think what is just as bad, and seems to be popping up more and more, is the individual who is selling small lots on other sites for $1.50 apiece or so, that are nothing more than those self-same scrappers, bought for likely $.0.60 each or so and then turned around for a quick profit by those individuals, who don't have eBay accounts or anything, and just do it off things like craigslist, where you buy for cash in person or otherwise. In such cases, make sure you buy them in person, so that you can at least take a look at the pins you are getting before you hand over your money.

I bought a pin off E-Bay (it's authentic) but the seller had forgot to ship it, I waited and and waited after waiting a couple weeks I e-mailed the seller who apologised for forgetting to mail, when it finally showed up the seller had given two pins as an apology 1 the haunted mansion poster pin and the other a cruela deville villains pin and an obvious scrapper, I appreciate the seller being so nice as to send pins to apologise but to give a scrapper, lol, I didn't know how to take it. is the seller aware it was a scrapper? I had mixed feelings on her apology, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back