• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

First time caller, long time listener

First time caller, long time listener

Cubbarooney

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I've been lurking around for a while, and even made this account a while ago, but I've been getting into the hobby a bit more thanks to my gf and a friend.

I'd say the pin that I own with the most sentimental value would be a VMK pin they gave out during their scavenger hunts. That was ages ago though, but I still have it!

My friend sent me a list of the upcoming Disneyland Paris pin releases, and that was finally the kick in the pants to start posting... now to find someone who can do a pin pickup in Paris lol

Oh yes, very problematic. I've been able to resist them for a while, but Mickey, Donald, Tic & Tac, and Dingo riding the trains? I cannot resist that!

Then again I'm a sucker for any train themed merch, which always seems in light supply.

Side note... I just love that they're called Tic & Tac!

Hi and Welcome! We're very glad that you decided to stop lurking and start posting! Do you have a favorite character(s)? And have you decided on a character/theme to collect?
Side note... I just love that they're called Tic & Tac!
If I recall correctly, I believe the reason is because that was their original names. I don't know why they were changed to Chip & Dale, though, sorry.

Sorry for the delay! I might have been on a Disney cruise for a bit there... haha
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

If I recall correctly, I believe the reason is because that was their original names. I don't know why they were changed to Chip & Dale, though, sorry.
Fascinating! My quick digging did find their name goes back to a short in '46, which was named Chip an' Dale. Doesn't seem they were officially named before then, but I'll look into it more!

My understanding is that Tic & Tac is merely their european or french names, which are used as a bit of a compromise. But I could be wrong!

Hello and welcome (officially? Haha)!

This is Erin (Julie’s friend) back when we met IRL. Hope to see you around more on DPF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Erin! I hope all is well :) been a while.
Hi and Welcome! My oldest son collects Disney trains/railroad pins too
Ah, so a fellow of taste then! ;)

Sorry for the delay! I might have been on a Disney cruise for a bit there... haha
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
No need to apologize, Disney cruises are just magical! It's been too long since I've been on one. If I could be nosy, which ship were you on and what itinerary did you sail?

DLP is a challenge. Over the years I have been able to trade with different Paris traders via pinpics and I gain most (but not all) of the Paris pins from my ISO list. Have you tried Pinpics?

Back