• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Fix a Slider Pin?

QUESTION Fix a Slider Pin?

Jcaedge21

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for some help! I was looking through some of my old pins (circa 2006) and noticed that the glider on my Soarin’ slider pin had snapped off… I guess the metal on the back of the slider withered away and now the red hang glider is separated from the rest of the pin… has anyone experienced this sort of issue with a slider pin, and know how to possibly repair it?

No luck as of yet! I'm not brave/experienced enough to try soldering so I might eventually take it to a local jeweler and see if they can help... Other than that I'm completely lost!

Ahh hmm looks like the broken nubs are smaller than the thickness of the base pin not sure how DIY you wanna get, but you can prob extend the nubs with some kind of epoxy (like JB weld?) so they are slightly past the base pin. Then second step would be to make a “stopper”. You can try to use the epoxy again (and make sure you use painter tape to protect the pin and you don’t just glue things in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hate the idea!... That's basically what happened, the "backing" on the nubs broke off so the glider portion of the pin is no longer connected to the rest. I was hoping a jeweler could weld a new backing to the broken nubs, but maybe it would be easier to just try to extend them. Do you think epoxy is the best material to use?

Hmm I’m not too familiar with different kinds of epoxy so you’d prob have to research. Essentially, whatever you can use to make a “backer” and attach to the nubs. Maybe you can even 3D print something and super glue it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back