• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GUIDE Fixing Enamel On Pin

I have a pin that has some enamel that came off. Unfortunately, the missing enamel piece is lost.

I want to try & fix, I went on Joann's & Michael's website and notice they have enamel paint.

Has anyone used in this situation? Will what is on these 2 websites work on the pin? Should I use gloss or satin paint? Also, is it as simple as just painting or is there another step to the process?

You'll need to clean the empty space first with alcohol before you apply the paint. Not sure if you will be able to match the original color.

I've done it with nail polish before. Takes patience and a steady hand, and you might have to redo it a bit ^^
Never seen actual enamel paint advertised before. Just keep in mind if you ever intend to sell or trade it, you gotta disclose that it's been repaired to the next potential owner.

I've seen a few videos/pics of pin manufacturers giving the makers production updates and they are using syringes filled with enamel paint to fill in the areas of the pins.

I have a pin that has some enamel that came off. Unfortunately, the missing enamel piece is lost.

I want to try & fix, I went on Joann's & Michael's website and notice they have enamel paint.

Has anyone used in this situation? Will what is on these 2 websites work on the pin? Should I use gloss or satin paint? Also, is it as simple as just painting or is there another step to the process?
Enamel paint can work in this situation, but it may not be an exact match for the color of the missing enamel. It's also important to note that enamel paint can be tricky to work with, especially on small surfaces like pins.

Before starting, make sure the pin is clean and dry. You may want to use a small brush to carefully apply the paint, building up the layers slowly. It's recommended to use a gloss paint for a shiny finish, but you could use satin if you prefer a more matte look.

To ensure the paint stays in place, you may want to use a clear sealant over the top of the paint once it has dried. This will help protect the paint and keep it from chipping or rubbing off.

It's also worth considering taking the pin to a professional jeweler or enamel restorer, as they may be able to match the missing enamel more precisely and ensure a more professional-looking repair.

Back