• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

FREE zap game!

FREE zap game!
I am so sorry for your loss! Giving to others is truly so healing for the soul!

Pinpics id - lohofosho

A recent inspiring pin trading story - The designer Tiana and Naveen couple pin came out, and it was looking very bleak for me in trying to find one for trade or for a reasonable price (within my budget at least). I was losing hope of finding her until a pin trading friend I had made messaged me on facebook telling me he had one coming, and he was ZAPPING it... to me!!! I was so floored at the complete kindness and selflessness of a fellow trader, I cried, and thanked him endlessly. He refused to take any money from me, and wanted to send it to me out of the kindness of his heart, from one trader to another. Although the zap fell through as his order was refunded due to a website glitch, I will never forget his kindness in wanting to do that for me. Luckily I have since been able to make a trade for her and have her happily displayed in my collection!

Sent out another couple! Would love for you to post them on here, or at least let me know it made its way to its new home safely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My condolences to you and your family. I had lost someone special in my life, but I learned to cherish all the wonderful memories that I had with her and to continue making wonderful memories with all my loved ones.

My fondest memory is going to GSSH. It was traffic everywhere, and I was trying to get there in order to make a trade with someone from online. I finally get there, after all the stress! I made the trade, and suddenly another trader asks me if I wanted to join them. Not only was I able to make some trades, I learned so many life lessons from this trader. We even shared a common love for photography. I had been going through a break-up, and I've been in my feelings for a few months, but this trader gave me so much strength to be myself and to not worry about what other people think. I definitely needed that pep-talk, and it was all thanks to the pin trader that I had met that night. :)

Stay strong! -hugs-

Pinpics: AgentR

My condolences to you and your family. I had lost someone special in my life, but I learned to cherish all the wonderful memories that I had with her and to continue making wonderful memories with all my loved ones.

My fondest memory is going to GSSH. It was traffic everywhere, and I was trying to get there in order to make a trade with someone from online. I finally get there, after all the stress! I made the trade, and suddenly another trader asks me if I wanted to join them. Not only was I able to make some trades, I learned so many life lessons from this trader. We even shared a common love for photography. I had been going through a break-up, and I've been in my feelings for a few months, but this trader gave me so much strength to be myself and to not worry about what other people think. I definitely needed that pep-talk, and it was all thanks to the pin trader that I had met that night. :)

Stay strong! -hugs-

Pinpics: AgentR

I started pin trading after a break up myself and it really helped me come out of my shell a bit. My mom even liked that it got me to go up and talk to people, I used to have my little sister ask for crayons for me at restaurants (even as a teenager wanting to color lol) I'm glad it has gotten me to be a little more outgoing and less shy :)

I received my zap today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :donald:
Thank you so so so so so very much!!!!

tumblr_ndniw5QuTB1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

Yay! Thank you so much for letting me know!!! There should be 5 or 6 more of you who hopefully have gotten yours as well or will soon! Still have some pins to zap, would love to have more entires!

I started pin trading after a break up myself and it really helped me come out of my shell a bit. My mom even liked that it got me to go up and talk to people, I used to have my little sister ask for crayons for me at restaurants (even as a teenager wanting to color lol) I'm glad it has gotten me to be a little more outgoing and less shy :)

I am so glad that pin trading has been a positive influence to so many! :) Even when I go to releases, I still have a little anxiety saying Hi to people, but it is getting better. I just need to overcome that small hurdle. :)

I'm sorry to hear of the passing away... :( This is such a beautiful way to honor him- I truly wish the best for you!
My Pinpics ID is snowie, as is my username here.
One of my happiest trading moments was at DLR, when I happened to come across a Cast Member fresh with new Hidden Mickey pins in March when I was making my way from frontier land over to fantasyland (in the little pathway along the Jamboree). I got the chaser for the IASW series and one from the DCA mosaic series too~ I was so excited, as that was my first real trade ever.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Lots of hugs to you during your time of grief.

My PinPics ID is Aaryana, same as here. I only have a handful of pins, and have not fully updated my want list yet, but it's changing daily. Apparently, there's a lot I want! I don't have any trading memories or anything yet, as I only started collecting pins a few weeks ago, but my favorite pin memory is discovering the MNSSHP pins! If it hadn't been for those pins at the party I went to, I would not be collecting. So, my MNSSHP pins are very special. I look forward to having pins so that I can trade! Thanks for your generosity in your time of grief. I too find that when I am down, it helps me to help someone else.

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you are finding a way to spread joy!
my pinpics id is squidget

my trading memory is from last year. I went to WDW for a week for my birthday. I had just started trading and decided the first collection I would go for would be the hidden Mickey Winnie the pooh silhouettes. I had a wonderful time all week looking for the pins I needed to compete the set, however I was having trouble finding rabbit. Well on my last day we went to magic kingdom and I found the pin! It made me so happy to compete the set, especially on my birthday, in the happiest place on earth! Disney Magic at its best!

Hi my pinpics is blkviper

my happiest moment pin trading was when I gave my aunt her grail, I had been searching and upgrading for 6 months to get it :) hope your happy after all these comments :)

I'm not sure if this is still on-going, but I just wanted to comment that I think it's so sweet you've channeled your grief into giving. Pins are such small things, but I love that they bring a lot of folks joy. Whether it's through giving them away, trading them, or buying them, I see a lot of childlike joy here and it always makes me smile. I joined this forum recently because I'm going through a hard time and I've found the friendly people I've interacted with here and on PinPics help bring me around to a good mood. :)

Basically, my happiest moment pin trading was the moment I joined this forum and interacted with a lot of other great pin collectors.

Last edited:
Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my gran a few weeks ago and it has been the hardest time of my life :(

My pinpics is lucyk29

my happiest pin trading moment was managing to get my first ever pin which was a limited edition jumbo pin. The pin had sold out online but I kept refreshing the page and managed to get one an hour later!

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I just recently lost a loved one, and it hurts no matter how you look at it. I think it's amazing that you're turning it into a positive experience for yourself as well as many others.

In case this is still going, my pinpics is kik36

My happiest pin trading moments may seem trivial, since I just started...but for me it's trading with my twin daughters -- Kairi, who absolutely loves Buzz Lightyear, and Caelin who adores Eeyore. I go out of my way to collect Eeyore and Buzz pins, and then giving them 5 pack mystery pouches for them to trade with me...even though I typically don't "want" or need what they're trading with me, I still accept their trades so they can get the pins that they want. Their giggles, smiles, hugs, and kisses make it all worth while. What's a few extra trader pins, when it comes down to that, eh?! :p

Back