• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
I just got back from my Disney Store.

Got there at around 9:00. Store opens at 10:00.
There were already over 10 people waiting in line.
Had to sit through an hour of people complaining and moaning about how Disney is an evil corporation and how they blame disney for their kids' sadness and their loss of sleep. Of course... I tried to defend the company a bit, explaining to them stuff from my supply chain class :p
Employees were friendly enough, most seemed to have that condescending and annoyed attitude.
Apparently you don't get to pick the size you want for the Elsa costume. They will just randomly call out names from the drawings and give them the size that comes up (that kinda bothered me). Also, if they call the names and no body is there, they don't call out another name, they just put the dress back in stock for next week, which was unfair to those who waited. They should have made sure that someone took home the dress.

We were only allowed ONE of each item and maximum for 4 items. Employees closely monitored families. My store got Animators' Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff. Medium Olaf plush and Elsa classic doll.
I got up to the counter and asked for one of each of the animators' dolls, the employee looked at me and scoffed "All three? Each one of them? Anna, Elsa and Kristoff?" and I was like: "You know what, and the Elsa classic doll, and I'll take a Hans animators' if you have one" -_-"
Anyways.. Got out of the store with the 4 dolls, all of their boxes are damaged BTW and it is very clear that these were so rushed in production. Very very clear.

The experience was all right. Still sad that they didn't get singing Elsa, but I could care less at this point. I got these and I'm done!

Thank you to everyone who put up with me and the complaining in the past few days.
You guys are the best. T___T

Based on my understanding with the dress what they do is that people put their names in a draw and specify the size that they want. They are only allowed to put their name down for one size so it should not be random sizes being sold to people as that would not be fair.

Also based on the notice released several days ago any left over dolls/dresses are not restocked the next day but instead carried forward to the next Saturday. It might be tedious but is Disney just trying to keep things fair which can be rather difficult especially when everyone considers you to be the bad guy for trying to make it an even playing field.

I still find it funny that some parents continue blaming large corporations rather than just discipling their children. I know when I was a kid, if I cried or moped around for merchandise my parents would get angry at me and tell me that you cannot always get what you want, rather than tell me that I will eventually get it as if I deserved it because I cried for it...

Based on my understanding with the dress what they do is that people put their names in a draw and specify the size that they want. They are only allowed to put their name down for one size so it should not be random sizes being sold to people as that would not be fair.

Also based on the notice released several days ago any left over dolls/dresses are not restocked the next day but instead carried forward to the next Saturday. It might be tedious but is Disney just trying to keep things fair which can be rather difficult especially when everyone considers you to be the bad guy for trying to make it an even playing field.

I still find it funny that some parents continue blaming large corporations rather than just discipling their children. I know when I was a kid, if I cried or moped around for merchandise my parents would get angry at me and tell me that you cannot always get what you want, rather than tell me that I will eventually get it as if I deserved it because I cried for it...

I meant that they saved them for next week :) lol

And maybe they did have them for different sizes, but what I heard was that you have no say in the size.

But kudos to some of the other employees who tried their best to accommodate the fast checkout out lane

But yeah. I feel awful for Disney, all they're trying to do is organise this and make it fair for everyone but all parents want to do is throw the blame on Disney. Instead of disciplining their own children.

I told the woman today, no body is benefit from all the blaming. It doesn't matter. You can't fixate on blaming someone. Saying "this is all because of this evil corporation" to their children is not going to do them any good. Even the employees are suffering from all the blame. Just wait patiently and and see what happens.

What's happened to "patience is a virtue" or "good things happen to those who wait"

^^^So much of this! :bigthumb: If I ever cried, my parents made a point of NOT getting me whatever it was I was whining over. Lol In the majority of cases, I think the adults are WAY worse than any of the kids. *sigh*

^^^So much of this! :bigthumb: If I ever cried, my parents made a point of NOT getting me whatever it was I was whining over. Lol In the majority of cases, I think the adults are WAY worse than any of the kids. *sigh*

Yes this!!!! My parents would be like, well you are definitely not having it now!! If I started crying etc for the item.

On disney stores Facebook the amount of parents saying "you have ruined my child's birthday because there's no elsa dolls" "my child doesn't understand why she can't have the elsa doll", it's so silly!

Yes this!!!! My parents would be like, well you are definitely not having it now!! If I started crying etc for the item.

On disney stores Facebook the amount of parents saying "you have ruined my child's birthday because there's no elsa dolls" "my child doesn't understand why she can't have the elsa doll", it's so silly!

Exactly! LOL

I honestly think that some parents really want it more than the kids and just use the kids as an excuse which is rather sad to be honest. If my kid's birthday was coming up then I would have done my research a little better and better prepared myself. To be honest if I missed out on getting an item for a kid I would say it is my fault for not being prepared. Not Disney's.

I swear some parents are just big kids! LOL

everything that you mentions coincides with what i've been hearing throughout my wait. the people before me entered the raffle, were asked for their full name and phone number. they also needed a piece of photo id to pick up the dress. they were only allowed to enter for one size but i think that's fair. but yes, everything is spot on, and yes, they leave things for the next day, which happened to the olaf plushies last week i believe. they had only them.

then they would draw at 11:15, and hold the dress until the end of the day. you could either be in store for it or they would call you.

Last edited:
Ahh I could spend so long reading all the stupid comments by childish parents on Disneys FB page. When will people learn to teach their child that patients is a virtue? Some of these adults are acting like children. I got scremed at at work today over the phone because Target was out of Elsa dolls and Olaf Plush pillows... She said I had personally ruined her daughters day and childhood. hahaha my reply to her was really yes because I manufacture these elsa dolls in my basement in the secret doll factory I have down there along with the batmobile... then hung up. Rude and childish people all over some plastic toys. On another note my local Disney store only got singing Olaf and baby sven plushes today and maybe a couple of anna classic dolls no elsa to be seen for months at this store.

i didn't really hear people complain.

i heard people being like "this is early on a saturday but i'm here now anyway so whatever" sort of thing and "elsa is really popular" and of course, stuff about their kids or grandchildren. i mostly complained about not getting food. seriously, i will remember that for next time. i just had a banana when i left and that's it. next time, totally bringing food.

someone mentioned that disney has an opportunity with frozen, a very limited opportunity that might not become so relevant anymore soon when people slowly lose interest. i don't think that's going to happen super soon but it is bound too. cabbage patch kids, tickle me elmo, all the crazes that you might (or even, would likely) eventually find items of in the bargain bin somewhere.

i think like most people, i knew what i was doing there and i accepted it. yes, it was early, and yes, the merchandise is costly and super hyped but i kind of got over complaining about it because hey, it is what it is. disney is not just going to be like "wow, we are an evil corporation and we need to lower all the prices to $1 and release everything so it's more faaaair to people". no.

i honestly didn't mind waiting too much. someone was right in mentioning that you either wait in line and get the merchandise or keep calling for the next few months to see if they get the merchandise in, which is very true and i have done that prior to this massive restock.

so while i understand the complaining and i probably complain about things like that too (i try not too because afterwards, it's silly to think back and be like "geez, i sounded whiny and wasn't totally logical in the arguments that i was making), i don't really see any need for it, especially because it's like "well, disney is an evil corporation but i'm going to wait for a few hours anyway and give them my money anyway." as if they don't have a choice.

rushed in production in what way?

Packaging of these dolls didn't seem cared for.
The tapes on the boxes were not bubble-less and had creases. It just seemed like they were rushing and quickly sending them out. (Not a big deal lol)
The wires inside of the dolls (things that keep them attached to the cardboard) were so out of place. Anna and Elsa's collars were squished a lot.
Anna and Elsa's dresses had a lot of seams coming out and had a lot of folds. Their socks were not completely worn on.

I'm not complaining about anything. Yes, even though the dresses had some seams coming out, the dolls still looked amazing, especially Kristoff. I've seen him in stores before, but now that I've taken a closer look at him, is he the most detailed animators' dolls? The gloves!! The boots!!! The material of his clothes!!
Disney did a good job with him.
It's just that it's sad that even the manufacturers are having a hard time. I honestly want to hold all of these things and tell the parents. Disney is doing their best, even the manufactures in China are working hard!! So give them a break!

:D I'm glad I finally have 3 items to scratch off the list, one more and I'll be all done until the next wave of new merchandise (which is soon apparently)

Exactly! LOL

I honestly think that some parents really want it more than the kids and just use the kids as an excuse which is rather sad to be honest. If my kid's birthday was coming up then I would have done my research a little better and better prepared myself. To be honest if I missed out on getting an item for a kid I would say it is my fault for not being prepared. Not Disney's.

I swear some parents are just big kids! LOL

lol. Me and Lego. I went through a phase of buying my little brother all the Marvel and DC legos only to realize that I was actually buying them for myself. :p

Polaris!
You would not believe what one of the parents said!

"You know what's the problem? Disney is making these in China! They just celebrated their new year and took the entire month off! They should just make them here!"

Yes, let's throw the workers who work day and night to produce these items into the crossfire!
*face palm*
I told them that Disney has maleficent coming out and they're also probably busy making merchandise for that movie so that they don't have another Frozen mishap!

But there were parents that were amazing!
This lady came in to buy a Kristoff classic doll and couldn't find one. So she just bought an animators' Kristoff and walked away. She said that she honestly doesn't care that much. Her daughter has many frozen toys to keep her company and not having the entire set won't make her daughter sad.
Which is pretty impressive considering that her daughter has been watching Frozen at least once everyday and all they play in the car is the soundtrack.

Compare that to the lady who kept telling me that Disney was a bad corporation and that it was their fault, even after I told her about the workers, Maleficent, schedules. She just scoffed and went "It's still disney fault"
I also thought it was kinda sad for the kids to be there at 7 am in the morning.
Let the kids sleep T___T

did you see any 22" Olaf plushies? :anxious:

i'm sorry, i don't remember the sizes that the cast members mentioned but i don't recall them being that big. they were about the same size as the big singing dolls, and perhaps even smaller. i think i saw the 12" ones or if there is such a size for olaf plushes, 16". not super sure. D:

oh goodness. i have not de-boxed a doll in a long long time. i considered it all day until i finally gave up. definitely am not regretting it now. ooooooooh!

... oh, no doll stand. uuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Well I'm glad some stores ACTUALLY had some Frozen merchandise. When I was working today at the outlet, we only had 4 t-shirts left for Frozen & that was it. Plus we had the Frozen soundtrack but really, everybody wants the lovely merchandise for it. It's funny cause some people were asking for Olaf poster (the display that was part of Olaf's summer display ad that was behind the t-shirts) & saying if it was on sale. I got a good laugh at it really. Thought we've been getting at least 30 phone calls a day asking for Frozen merch, us cast members keeps telling everyone, Frozen isn't sold out forever! Frozen will be part of Disney & forever will stay. You just got to have lots of patience for it, that's all. Plus we kept telling the guests how it was exactly like this for the movie, Tangled & look how it's still gaining it's popularity! In my mind though, you ain't going to die just because you didn't get that Elsa singing doll you wanted. Be patient & something might turn out in the end [:

Hope that helps. :) And thank you so much for responding!!

Ah! This is no problem, really. I have a vinyl that has a prominant black spot on it, but it does not affect the way it spins :)
This is probably just something that got in the vinyl as they were pressing it in the factory

Edit: picture didn't work, here is the direct link http://imgur.com/k1XbP1M

Last edited:
"You know what's the problem? Disney is making these in China! They just celebrated their new year and took the entire month off! They should just make them here!"

Wow umm, I just don't know what to say about this...I know some people can be naive and ignorant of others but that is just appalling LOL

Well I'm glad some stores ACTUALLY had some Frozen merchandise. When I was working today at the outlet, we only had 4 t-shirts left for Frozen & that was it. Plus we had the Frozen soundtrack but really, everybody wants the lovely merchandise for it. It's funny cause some people were asking for Olaf poster (the display that was part of Olaf's summer display ad that was behind the t-shirts) & saying if it was on sale. I got a good laugh at it really. Thought we've been getting at least 30 phone calls a day asking for Frozen merch, us cast members keeps telling everyone, Frozen isn't sold out forever! Frozen will be part of Disney & forever will stay. You just got to have lots of patience for it, that's all. Plus we kept telling the guests how it was exactly like this for the movie, Tangled & look how it's still gaining it's popularity! In my mind though, you ain't going to die just because you didn't get that Elsa singing doll you wanted. Be patient & something might turn out in the end [:

Well said Prince Ali! Parents need to start teaching their kids patience. I guess they can teach them by having them wait 5+ hours in line to see Elsa and Anna in Disney World lol. Or they can always try the alternative and get Frozen stuff at their local TRU if they can't wait that long. Know I know how my parents felt during the power rangers crave.

Did anyone else catch the Frozen sale on zulily? Within hours a lot had already sold out, I even had an item (Anna & Elsa fleece blanket) pulled from my cart as I was checking out. With what was still available I got my niece some little girl bracelets, magnet sets for both Elsa and Olaf, an Olaf book for my niece (Frozen was her first ever movie theater movie and she loves Olaf). An Olaf tee and an Elsa tee for Devon (my niece) I might be keeping the Elsa tee as it more of an artistic rendering than the animated version. And then for me, a set of the magnets, not sure what to do with the 2nd set as my brother's fridge is stainless and won't hold magnets, the book with the mini snowglobe, a grown up Elsa tee and my favorite an Elsa throw.

For my niece.
zu9813559_main_tm1398198660.jpg
zu7912739_main_tm1391828652.jpg
zu8475494_main_tm1395087475.jpg
zu8673667_main_tm1395085080.jpg

For me.
zu10081147_main_tm1398818385.jpg
zu6500461_main_tm1386373589.jpg
zu10003025_main_tm1398716513.jpg
zu8325830_main_tm1395085853.jpg
zu9988999_main_tm1398293261.jpg

The "event" as zulily calls it is over in 24 hours, if you're interested in checking out what they have left follow the link below and sign up. Everything you purchase today is one time shipping. So if you place an order and then decide 5 hours later that you want to get something else or a second tee for a friend you don't have to pay additional shipping. They have a lot of great stuff at discounted prices, I think I'm going to place another order today because they have some to-die-for shoes. Please use the link below as I will get referral credit, lilkewise once you join you can invite friends and family and you too will get referral credit.

http://www.zulily.com/invite/twhite9817

Times Square DS is in no better shape than anywhere else. I happened to be in the city to see a show and had to walk right by the store, so I stuck my head in. A few pairs of the kids' flip-flops and a couple swimsuits and not a single stinkin' other Frozen item. Since it's in the world's biggest tourist trap, I expected the merchandise turnover to be high ... but I also sorta expected the stock replenishment to be better than elsewhere. Nope! Glad I didn't go out of my way to get there.

Random Web restock: Classic dolls (Anna, Elsa, Kristoff), NO singing dolls. Sven plush and two of the Olafs (including singing) and the twin bedspread/duvet, among a few other random items.

Random Web restock: Classic dolls (Anna, Elsa, Kristoff), NO singing dolls. Sven plush and two of the Olafs (including singing) and the twin bedspread/duvet, among a few other random items.

Everything that was restocked is once again out of stock. Oh well Maybe next time. I will eventually get an Elsa doll but I am in no rush I will probably end up with one when the items fully restock during the summer unless I just happen to be on the site and its randomly restocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back