• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
Hey Wazzy, it shows that you posted a second picture...but it doesn't show. Is that the "ballgown" look everyone's talking about? I WANNA SEE IT! ;)

I swear, basically nothing has been released and I'm already so super excited for this movie!

Found another image, they keep on getting removed from the original source for some reason. On the leaked Frozen display image a couple of posts back, there is a tiny concept art which shows Anna wearing a black/greenish dress which appears very similar to the doll's. But yes, I can totally understand your excitement lol.

Last edited:
Hehe, because hair cost them so much time and money on Rapunzel, loose hair and strands being so had to create in 3d animation you can see wherethe filmakers were like PLEEEASE LET THE CHARACTERS IIN FROZEN HAVE THEIR HAIR PUT UP OR RESTRAINED IN BRAIDS ARRGHH

I do like the looks very much though!

A bit disappointed with the concept of the Snow Queen however, as (like many people) I am used to other visual interpretations like that 50's russian animated version, and the white witch in Narnia which was inspired by the Snow Queen. I always envisioned her being 'not human' but some special being with literally white skin and hair (ok somewhat like an albino) and just a bit more icy? Like special translucent icy frosted skin or snowy/icicle-like hair. Snowflakes in her eyes or SOMETHING.
I'm not really a Fan of Tim Burton's Alice but the 'look' for the white chess queen was quite artistic, that's one eexample.

Not to say I dislike the art we have seen for the the snow queen elsa character - I like it. It's just not what I was expecting

Last edited:
Actually, I do agree with you, very much so. The art so far is very pretty, but just doesn't seem as avaunt guard as she could have been, especially considering who she is.
I'm hoping that she has a great big glorious reveal in a beautiful gown that gets turned in to a 17" LE. And even this light blue look would be pretty as an LE if they allow for good materials and a little extra over glamorization. ;)

Thanks TinkerTigg XD
You've got me thinking now, there could always be a transformation scene! A secret one, like how they kept ' short brown hair Rapunzel' as secret as possible before the film was released. Well, I think there was some escaped concept art or something, but there wasnt much on it.
Elsa could become corrupted by power/magic/environment and be transformed into some immortal icy being...(finally being restored back to human at the end)
It's just that if I saw a picture of Elsa with no context at all, I would not have thought 'that's the Snow Queen'
Again, I like her anyways

I'm definitely most excited for Elsa. I hope there is an LE doll for her. I just think that because of her design she would make a more interesting doll than Anna.

Thanks ^^ I think they also may have made her less "pointy" and "jagged" because she will get redeemed at the end and be a proper princess. It seems she is the one people are more excited for, not Anna.

I'm definitely most excited for Elsa. I hope there is an LE doll for her. I just think that because of her design she would make a more interesting doll than Anna.

That's why the villains are so much more interesting and *cough*cough*better*cough*cough* than the princesses. :D

1004426_663028053714166_1044247874_n.jpg

I'm gonna try to get to MU on opening day FOR THIS :rock: .. and to see MU (what a great way to start the summer, even though I am taking classes, so I'll really only get 3 weeks off).

EVEN MORE images!! And I agree @PhoenixKing, the animation looks amazing.

This dress which Anna is wearing would look amazing on a doll... really amazing...

Hans and Anna: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/US....jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

Kristoff and Sven: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/US....jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

Olaf: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/US....jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

Sven: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/US....jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

EDIT: I have removed the images and replaced them with links instead, for people who are wanting to prevent spoilers.

Last edited:
That's the dress Mattel have produced. While I understand people's excitement, unless there is actual product/merch images in this thread I'm just going to ignore as Disney Chat is the most appropriate forum of discussion for the film. That way I can avoid spoilers and not have the film ruined for me like it was for Wreck It Ralph :p

I have done the same as @Wazzy. I just thought it would be okay for everyone to discuss the movie while we wait for actual merch, as there hasn't been much info released for us to look at so far. I apologize if it has caused any problems for anyone.

Does anyone think that we may see Anna with that greenish dress on a LE doll? I mean, they made Merida in her celebration outfit which was only worn for a tiny amount of time in the film. I would love it if they made two LE dolls for Anna though, including one for Elsa of course which would make three in total.

That green dress is actually really pretty. If they do go with that dress as the LE, it will be really really pretty. I can't wait to see more images of Elsa now too! :D

You know...I really don't know why...but I feel like the style of the outfits and art reminds me of the "It's a Small World" ride art style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back