• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

FYI on trading from the UK to USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI on trading from the UK to USA

moo_moo_uk

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Just though I would post this incase people are trading to the USA and your wondeing were your packages are and vice versa:

1)
Following a recent incident with an improvised explosive device on a US bound aircraft, all packages to the US will be subject to stricter screening by US authorities. This could lead to delays in your items being delivered to customers in the US.

2)
The severe weather conditions affecting much of the UK and Ireland may cause delays to postage deliveries over the coming days.
We’ve been in contact with delivery providers and they have informed us that they are doing all they can to ensure that deliveries are getting through. You can keep up to date with the latest service information from the Royal Mail here.

This information was taken from Ebay.

Happy Trading!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this!! I've recently mailed pin packages to the US & they are typically taking approx 7 - 10 days. I would strongly suggest that UK traders fill out the customs label correctly, marking the item as a gift & the contents as "Disney Pins" - the value is to be noted as is!!

I am waiting on quite a few packages from the US and was beging to worry like many people soooo try not to panic!!

I am waiting on quite a few packages from the US and was beging to worry like many people soooo try not to panic!!

Delivery US to UK is also running at just over a week - maybe just quickly check when the package was shipped to give you an idea! Don't forget any packages highlighted over £18 ($30) in value will be held by Customs & Excise & possibly subject to heavy import duty!

Of course this would happen during Christmas season. Safety is very important.

Hopefully the important package I am waiting on from a friend in the UK will arrive before Christmas so that my daughter has what I am sure will be her favorite gift.

Ive also sent stuff to the US on the 23rd and still not got there which is a shame and am getting worried as doesnt normally take this long.

just wish I waited to post from Ireland and not the UK as doesnt take as long from Ireland..hope my stuff turns up to those waiting soon. stuff coming to me never takes more than about 5 working days.

i just looked and a pin was sent on the 25/11 from america and just arrived today!!

Seems about right seeing as the post was out of action for at least 3 days (in Essex anyway!) - I had some mail actually returned to me yesterday which was place in a mail box just before the snow arrived - go figure?!?! Now I have to re-mail it, I always put my address on the back if mailing to the US, so that's how it got to me. I have PM'd the members here to let them know - unbelievable!

Thanks for posting at least everyone will be aware of this now and if you take this and the fact it is nearly Xmas into account i expect it could delay the post a fair bit :( oh well it can't be helped just one of those things,even post within the UK is taking a lot longer than normal,guess the main thing is just to communicate well with anyone trading with or buying from.

Hope everyone gets there packages very soon

Sam

Seems about right seeing as the post was out of action for at least 3 days (in Essex anyway!) - I had some mail actually returned to me yesterday which was place in a mail box just before the snow arrived - go figure?!?! Now I have to re-mail it, I always put my address on the back if mailing to the US, so that's how it got to me. I have PM'd the members here to let them know - unbelievable!

What? :eek: That really is unbelievable. Did they give a reason for the return?

What? :eek: That really is unbelievable. Did they give a reason for the return?

No Vala - no reason at all! I got home from work to a pile of stacked up mail (4 days worth) & these 2 packages were in the pile. I did ring the sorting office but just got an apology & the "human" error excuse, I think that the same mailman delivers to our area & at the same time empties the mail-box so the mail probably got mixed up - just guessing. In a way I'm glad as at least I know where the pins are now & they will be rebagged & remailed tomorrow afternoon. I am slightly annoyed that these should be with the members by now, having paid for them a week ago & not in my kitchen!

I'm waiting on a trade I made in Nov. I'd rather have better security than something bad happen.

I have given up on a trade made overseas. I had two of them missing but one came through after about 3 weeks. The second one has been well over a month and none of the email's I have sent recently have been answered. I had traded with this person several times and am worried that something might have happened to them. I hope everything is alright!

I have had nothing but good experiences and I believe that communication is the key to success.
If I had a trade going and at least received an email alerting me of the problems in the country and that there may be delays, thats fine.
If I never received any communication, that would be a different story.

Sure it's a different country but not trading is not what this is all about, For me it's just a little bit farther than Florida...lol

For me it's just a little bit farther than Florida...lol

About 4000 miles further!! LoL!!

Now in contrast to all that's been said, today I received my DPF Lanyard in what I can only describe as being in record time from US to UK! I placed the order on Saturday & it arrived today - excluding Sunday 4 days, that is actually incredible.

Please don't give up everyone - as Dan said it's all about talking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back