• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Glad to be here, Help requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to be here, Help requested

Mcox53

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Glad to be here! My name is Matt and I just stumbled upon this forum because I just recently dug up my old pin collection.

I used to go to Disney World year during the 2006-2009 period when I was around 10-13. I accumulated a small sized collection during this time and it was a great hobby for me since I was such a shy kid.

I have since moved on from this hobby and am looking for someone to pass on my pins to who will appreciate them as much as I did. I am hoping to find someone here as you all seem to be very enthusiastic about pin trading!

My question for you all is: What is the proper place to post my pins so people can look at them and possibly purchase them? I am not looking for large amounts of money for these I just want to pass them on to someone who will enjoy them!

Again, very excited to be here. Just looking around is giving me an extreme case of nostalgia!

Thanks,
Matt

Welcome, Matt! Glad you found us!

Normally, you would post sale items into the Pins For Sale forum. But in order to do that you'll have to have been a member for 10 days and have posted at least 30 times. I don't know if you're looking for that kind of commitment, but this forum is quite a lovely place to be and there are always things to do here. If not, you might be able to to talk with a mod about it or find someone to help you. There are also a multitude of Facebook groups dedicated to pin trading/selling that you could give a shot, but they can be a bit sharky at times.

Either way, hope you enjoy your stay and welcome to DPF!

Hello and welcome! I'm sure people on the forum will be interested; just make a few more posts (not just in the introductions forum, i think), and you'll be able to make a sales post in no time! I guess, in the meanwhile, you can start looking on PinPics.com to see what pins you currently do have.

Welcome, Matt! Glad you found us!

Normally, you would post sale items into the Pins For Sale forum. But in order to do that you'll have to have been a member for 10 days and have posted at least 30 times. I don't know if you're looking for that kind of commitment, but this forum is quite a lovely place to be and there are always things to do here. If not, you might be able to to talk with a mod about it or find someone to help you. There are also a multitude of Facebook groups dedicated to pin trading/selling that you could give a shot, but they can be a bit sharky at times.

Either way, hope you enjoy your stay and welcome to DPF!
Great way of saying it. I said the same kind of thing before and it didn't go over so well. I guess the truth hurts at times. But that's just part of swimming in shark infested waters. Lol.

Hang in there Matt. You may find a true collector here or maybe you will want to keep your pins and get back in the hobby. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.

Hello Matt.

Welcome to the DPF family.

So, you are looking for a place to offer your pins for sale to good homes. Well, you have found it.

Just follow the advice you've been already given and you will be finding Good Homes for those 'shiny pieces of Disney metal' ;) - in no time.

Fair warning (and this has already been stated above :) ) Once you start looking around, you might get hooked and just decide you want to continue with this great hobby.

Since your question already seems to have been answered several times, I'm just going to say 'Aloha' and 'Welcome!' I hope you'll consider sticking around and, who knows, maybe you'll change your mind about keeping your collection? If not, best of luck passing it along to those who will give it the love it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back