• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP Got scammed during DLP Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP Got scammed during DLP Event!

VirginieA

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
So today was DLRP's Let It Snow Event, the pin set is stunning, esp. the jumbo, so it was a fantastic day in general but...
I only traded for two pins today: - a DS UK Aristocats for the Tick Tock Croc PTD (which I was super happy with since I mainly collect Peter Pan)
- a Rapunzel at Disneyland pin (with Excalibur) for the LE300 DSF Rapunzel & Flynn. Which happens to be a fake, if I believe what is said on the pinpics notice fot it.
I knew this was a highly wanted pin and the trade did seem a bit too advantageous for me but the guy was a seasoned trader I've seen several times during Paris events and I guess I didn't expect to be scammed on a face to face trade. I feel so frustrated! I honestly don't know what to do. This was not my most wanted pin or anything like that, but I feel like a fool & don't know if there's anything I can do at all.
:'(

Flynn's skin tone is the same as the background, which would mean it is a fake. Sorry :(
This deal also is too good to be true. this is one of the most beloved tangled pins, as far as I'm concerned.

What the guy is looking like? We have to report them. I supect some " big " traders sometimes, to go buy their pin's at icebay and they are full of scrappers and fake pin's. Can you describe the guy who did this to you?

Last edited:
I didn't know either, and I keep re-thinking the whole thing, I think he knew very much about it and did his best so that I wouldn't notice (he traded so quickly, while I was in talks with another trader and therefore wouldn't be focused...). But lesson learned: next time I will be a lot more cautious, I guess.

I didn't know either, and I keep re-thinking the whole thing, I think he knew very much about it and did his best so that I wouldn't notice (he traded so quickly, while I was in talks with another trader and therefore wouldn't be focused...). But lesson learned: next time I will be a lot more cautious, I guess.

Was he bald? Can you tell us a bit more. I'd like to know who he is.

yes i see who he is ! I wanted to be sure. He scammed a friend of someone I know and he was talking about it today... I'll go to the pueblo tomorrow and ask if you can report him.

I mean, I do realize afterwards that this trade looks too good to be true, I don't know Tangled pins well enough to know that this one was one of the most wanted and was fake (I started trading a year ago and this is not my main collection at all), but if I can help the pin community by making such acts known, at least I'll be content with that. And if I find out who exactly he is, I'll let you all know.

Oh and do you know his name by any chance, pupuce? I'll be happy to report him and if several of us can do so, it would be actually a good thing! I'll cut my losses for this pin, but I don't want him to get away with scamming honest traders!

I don't know his name, but I 'll try to find him. He is known, never traded with him but he is there at each event, or ptn. This morning a person i know was talking about him and her friend being scammed by him. And he showed us the guy, he was bald , talking in french.

will you come back at dlp tomorrow? The pueblo is open and you can try to talk about it and i'm pretty sure that trader may be at pueblo to get more trade, so you can talk with him and ask him to give you back your pin's.

Last edited:
I am so sorry this happened. If he can be reported he needs to be. If you can figure out who it is please pm me his name (you can't list him in a thread) but if I have traded with him in the past I can give you his pinpics name. Then he can go on a do not trade with list. It is always good to let the community know who the bad traders are. Plus if we shame him maybe you can untrade with him.

Good luck!!!

Thanks a lot docfish2u: indeed, I was not planning on making his name public like that, but at least report him to DLP and help the community. I don't think I'll get my pin back but as I said, lesson learned. Big time.
And pupuce, pretty sure it must be the same guy!

I'm so very sorry that this happened to you. I was contacted on Facebook witt this same scan, but this guy was from England. I knew the trade was to good to be true and checked the pin's number before making the trade.

With a little help from a friend, I have found out who he is and know his pinpics ID. I can't put his name here. I don't know if letting everyone know about his pinpics is ok, though. But if you wish to know, please PM me, I'll be happy to help.

virginie, there is someone on a fb group I have been wondering about for awhile, trades many DLRP pin event pins, am wondering if it is him, ca you please pm me? I know a couple of people lining to buy pins from him and don't wan thtem to have any hassle. thanks

Unfortunately he wasn't here yesterday morning. But you will probably be able to get your pin back next time you see him. He gave back pin's to a friend of a friend who complained to him about his fake trade. So next time you see him, take your pin's and ask them back.

I think I will, yes. I have contacted him and he is willing to give me my pin back. I hope he'll be there next Sat. for the Frozen OE release!
Frozen_Jane, will PM you.

Thank you. It is not the same person but I know a few people trading with DLRP traders so at least we can now be aware. Perhaps it was unintentional but now you can report back how is the reaction if you ask your pin back.

An which Frozen OE? Is it he ones with Elsa cape from the back? :D

the new dlp OE frozen :
IMG_5884.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back